★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
05-16-2012, 05:24 PM
#41
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,466
Absolutely love this game! Played for hours last night. My only gripe is the tight turns. I still massively suck at the metro track. I have tried all the views and have the sensitivity up at max, when I tilt hard enough it looks like I am having a spasm or some wierd twitch but I still end up in the wall. For me it's the only negative in a brilliantly put together game.
05-17-2012, 04:24 AM
#42
We are currently testing a new build of the game that we can hopefully submit tonight (UK time).

Once that is submitted we will start to work on other features (touch screen controls etc.)

Thanks!

05-17-2012, 04:39 AM
#43
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by LockStockGames View Post
We are currently testing a new build of the game that we can hopefully submit tonight (UK time).

Once that is submitted we will start to work on other features (touch screen controls etc.)

Thanks!
Thank you! The one thing I love about touch arcade is the community and the fact that devs are more than happy to participate in discussions and use the feedback to make great games like this even better.
05-17-2012, 04:50 AM
#44
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPS View Post
Thank you! The one thing I love about touch arcade is the community and the fact that devs are more than happy to participate in discussions and use the feedback to make great games like this even better.
The one thing I dont understand is, that the devs still release racing games with only tilt controls. Most of the users here seem to have problems with tilt.
There should be an option to choose between tilt and touch controls in any!
racing game.
05-17-2012, 04:54 AM
#45
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
The one thing I dont understand is, that the devs still release racing games with only tilt controls. Most of the users here seem to have problems with tilt.
There should be an option to choose between tilt and touch controls in any!
racing game.
It's weird but I nearly always use tilt not buttons, but I was looking for the button option on this one to see how it played.
05-17-2012, 05:00 AM
#46
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,148
The AI in this title leaves a lot to be desired. The first four cars invariable race ahead and manage to stay there despite your best efforts, then on the last lap they conveniently slow down to let you catch up and pass. Sure, we all like to feel like we just snatched victory from the jaws of defeat, but when it's this obviously orchestrated each time it almost becomes insulting. Not to mention not terribly exciting at all. Why not just let the AI racers race, and let the highlight moments take care of themselves? Actually this goes for every other racer with contrived AI out there.
05-17-2012, 05:13 AM
#47
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
The AI in this title leaves a lot to be desired. The first four cars invariable race ahead and manage to stay there despite your best efforts, then on the last lap they conveniently slow down to let you catch up and pass. Sure, we all like to feel like we just snatched victory from the jaws of defeat, but when it's this obviously orchestrated each time it almost becomes insulting. Not to mention not terribly exciting at all. Why not just let the AI racers race, and let the highlight moments take care of themselves? Actually this goes for every other racer with contrived AI out there.
I have to agree, spot on Gabrien.
I do love this game though.
05-17-2012, 05:24 AM
#48
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPS View Post
I have to agree, spot on Gabrien.
I do love this game though.
I like it a lot myself. Otherwise the AI wouldn't bother me near as much.

Actually, while I'm here, only other shortcoming: I just don't think the drifting works well in this game at all. Haven't looked back since I tried the driftless car, and it's supposed to be the "hard" option. The drifting is just too fiddly, and the slamming into barriers (and other cars) slows you down too much (and generally feels a little "wrong" - ok, perhaps another shortcoming.)

Last edited by Gabrien; 05-17-2012 at 05:39 AM.
05-18-2012, 03:11 AM
#49
It's taking a little longer than expected to compile the new version, this is because we upgraded the software used to create Speedway Racers and that caused a few problems of its own (shadow maps needed to be re created is an example) We hope to submit a new version ASAP.
05-24-2012, 05:32 AM
#50
Price drop!

We have temporarily dropped the price of Speedway Racers to 99c/69p/79e, grab a bargain now!

Game update going through the apple approval process now!

Last edited by LockStockGames; 05-24-2012 at 06:52 AM.