★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: NOVA ranger space adventure by CHAI studio.
2d Shoot em up game for iOS.
Supported iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.

Review form Rossz/indiegamesdig.com
NOVA Ranger Space Adventure achieves a surprisingly authentic classic-shmup experience. For $0.99, I dont think youll find anything closer to R-Type on the iPhone. Fans of legitimate shooters, especially R-Type fans, should check it out on the App Store.

Review form skydereign
the game is extremely fun, and with the difficulty and hiscore features, guarantees plenty of replay value. If you have an idevice of some sort, I definitely recommend buying this game.

charochai's comments:
Greeting everyone.

NOVA ranger space adventure.
side scrolling 2d shoot em up game.
iOS game available on AppStore. Support iPhone, iPodTouch and iPad.

Screen short

Apple Store Link: http://itunes.apple.com/th/app/id525667618

05-15-2012, 09:21 PM

05-15-2012, 09:50 PM
Available in the US store now, too, and it looks good at first blush. Can't find any videos, but I'd like to see how this plays.
05-16-2012, 03:46 AM
R-Type'y.....could be very good, or ruin some childhood memories.

Games that will never leave my iPad : Great Big Wargame, Battle Academy, Battle of the Bulge, Ravenmark and Hunters 2.
05-16-2012, 03:49 AM
Hmmm ! Could be very good, like the graphics but how do you control the ship ? Please not just tilt ? Plus those 3 buttons on the right hand side seem wayyyyyy too big but you never know.

Waiting for a gameplay video for this

Edit - Ahhhh sod it i'll going in ! I'll take one for the team, purchasing now ! Give me 5 mins
05-16-2012, 03:53 AM
They seriously have to change the name of the game.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
05-16-2012, 03:59 AM
Okay now downloaded, started up the app 'made with GameEditor', hmmmm ! Normally has me worried.

Menu looks nice, decent tune, click on options, can change lives to 10, 20 or 30 ! Makes me think it 'might' be quite a difficult game with that many lives !

Okay looking at the 'how to play' guide it says top half moves ship up, lower half moves ship down.

Hmmm the buttons on the right, C is for charging bullet (?), so is B, A is for moving forward so the movement seems a bit of a pain.

Anyway starting the game, must admit the graphics are very nice, really reminds me of an old classic NES style shooter, nice old skool music.

Okay starting the game, it really is like an R-Type clone, start off in space with the first few waves, reminds me of R-Type. Get a few power-ups, looking good.

Controls arent actually that bad, up/down takes a bit of getting used to but is playable, would love relative touch. Moving forward with C actually works well, you press it and you obviously move forward, then let go and you'll float back to your normal position.

B,C for Charging bullet, can see what that is now, its just like R-Type as in you charge up a good weapon and then let go.

Played a few minutes of the first level and i admit, i'm really really enjoying it. For a 'gameeditor' game its excellent, you wont think its from Gameeditor at all.

So had a few minutes play, love the look of it, retro style graphics, great tune, 'seems' from the screenshots to be a lot of levels (Specially as you can set the game to 30 lives). Think its really good and its surprised me.

Controls 'could' be better and i'm one to moan about controls believe me but its not bad at all, a relative touch option would be great though.

But for 99c its very good, a nice surprise
05-16-2012, 08:22 PM
Dear psj3809,

Thank you for your kind and valuable comment. I am happy to read and hear it form you. For a relative touch option, because of some technical problem. So I can't put this option in this app even I want to. However, I will try to put this option in to the next game.