Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-16-2012, 06:41 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Default Empire of the Eclipse - (by ZarkSoft) - MMO

Quote:
NZ Release info :

The Game is out in New Zealand. It should be out in US at about 11 PM EST and Europe at around 12 AM UK time. Size of the app is 222 MB.

Price in NZ is FREE

Requirements : Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.Requires iOS 4.3 or later.

iPhone Screenshots
click to enlarge

Note: While EotE is free to download a character account subscription is required to play the game. This allows us to run our servers, and provide a competitive online strategy experience without ruining the game experience through the sale of powerups and other in-game advantages.
__________________________________________________ ______________

Set in the distant future, Empire of the Eclipse tasks players with establishing an interstellar empire and using diplomacy, economic acumen and conquest to thrive.

If you've always thought playing a game like Civilization or Master of Orion on a massive scale would be incredible, but you've been continually let down by the scores of so called 'Freemium MMO Strategy Games' on iOS, then Empire of the Eclipse is the game for you.
Key Features:

•Play to Win, not Pay to Win: Players can't buy their way to victory with in app purchases unlike other 'Strategy MMO's.

•Massively Multiplayer: Fight, trade, scheme and vie for universal domination with thousands of other players per game.

•Epic Universe: Games can range in size from 2,500 to 90,000 sectors. Explore, conquer and exploit hundreds of thousands of planets.

•Explore: Fog of war and dynamically generated universes require exploration and reconnaissance, key components of the empire building experience.

•Streamlined Interface: Jump to any controlled planet or fleet from anywhere in the galaxy with just a few touches.

•Diplomacy: Enact a state of Peace, War or Embargo with other players. A rich array of interpersonal player dynamics awaits.

•Many Ways to Win: Win by the application of brute force or economic superiority. Transcend the stars or collect ancient alien artifacts. Whether warmonger, diplomat or explorer, there are always ways to win.

•Skill Trees: Utilize a diverse and flexible selection of over 40 skills that allow you to do anything from creating black holes to swindling other players in trade deals.

•Player Communication: Robust in-game mail and chat systems feature private channels and item attachments to negotiate trade and arrange covert operations.

•Retina Display: Stunning visuals are tailor-made to support both Retina and traditional iPhone displays.

•Universal: A single account may login from any iOS device you or anyone else owns.

•Supports iOS 4.3+ devices.

Visit us at any of the following places:
http://zarksoft.com
https://www.facebook.com/ZarkSoft

Check out our videos at:
http://www.youtube.com/user/zarksoft

Quote:
NZ Release info :

The Game is out in New Zealand. It should be out in US at about 11 PM EST and Europe at around 12 AM UK time. Size of the app is 222 MB.

Price in NZ is FREE
Old 05-16-2012, 06:53 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Looks great, for free and without IAP? Can't wait
Old 05-16-2012, 06:58 AM

No IAP but requires an ongoing payment to play via subscription.

Anyone know what the cost of this is?

Jamie.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:58 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Awesome!!! Wasnt this announced a year ago?im sure TA have been previewing it etc
Im sure they said it was a subscription game for the online part though
Old 05-16-2012, 06:59 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

First words of the description:

Quote:
Note: While EotE is free to download a character account subscription is required to play the game. This allows us to run our servers, and provide a competitive online strategy experience without ruining the game experience through the sale of powerups and other in-game advantages.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:01 AM

Unsure about it. Will give it later this Week a try
Old 05-16-2012, 07:02 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmanj View Post
No IAP but requires an ongoing payment to play via subscription.

Anyone know what the cost of this is?

Jamie.
Despite digging all over their website, forums, Facebook, and previous posts here I've yet to find any indication of what their monthly fee is.

Anyone else?
Old 05-16-2012, 07:17 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen)

Send a message via Skype™ to Nullroar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoseven View Post
First words of the description:
Another potential way to do this successfully is to offer cosmetic IAP that provides no statistical advantage to players, but allows them to customize the colors / skins of their fleet, space stations, etc.

Players love the option to customize, and this extends to the non-competitive aspects of the game as well.

I'm sure you've thought of that, but it's definitely worth reiterating, and would allow the maximum number of players to try the game for a long enough period of time to make positive purchase decisions.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:21 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullroar View Post
Another potential way to do this successfully is to offer cosmetic IAP that provides no statistical advantage to players, but allows them to customize the colors / skins of their fleet, space stations, etc.

Players love the option to customize, and this extends to the non-competitive aspects of the game as well.

I'm sure you've thought of that, but it's definitely worth reiterating, and would allow the maximum number of players to try the game for a long enough period of time to make positive purchase decisions.
Just to clarify something, just in case - I'm not the developer. ^^
Old 05-16-2012, 07:27 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Have I been waiting for this? Why, yes I have, slightly creepy inner voice that now manifests in text (which incidentally requires a certain motor control that an inner voice should never have)! I have been waiting for it like almost no other iOS game, ever! (And with this release, I cross one of my most waited of all time off the list, with only Prevail, Topia, Mage Dungeon, RAD Soldiers and Pocket Heroes to go, in that very order...)

Consequently, I care little for the size of the monthly fee, but I do recall the devs mentioning something in the 0.99-1.99 range.