Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-26-2012, 11:25 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

This game feels kind of unforgiving, lol. I was looking up different research projects to add to my queue, trying to see if I could reorder them, add more, and I ended up double clicking something wrong I guess and with only 4 hrs to go on a 24 hour research task, it was replaced with some other task which started researching and when I tried to switch back to the only I had been waiting on for over a day, it started back at 0%. Another day of not being able to do anything with the game. (Afraid to open the app and touch anything today for fear of having to start a 24 hour research project over again, lol)
Old 05-26-2012, 01:53 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeDot View Post
Hi Juicebox - I know it's a pain in the ass but can you send us your crash log to bugs *** at *** zark soft dot com? We've been unable to reproduce this bug so far but would really like to get to the bottom of it.

http://aplus.rs/apple/how-to-find-cr...-vista-and-xp/
Sent! Hope you fix the bug soon!
Old 05-26-2012, 02:14 PM
iPad mini

Regarding my last post, all my harvesters are back under my control. I'm not sure if it was just a server glitch or what but I'm glad to have them back
In general despite bugs I've encountered and server disconnects, I'm sticking with it because I really like what this game has to offer. As for the micromanagement discussion going on, I don't have any sweeping changes to suggest, but I would like to be able to plot more complex routes for my probes, with waypoints between destinations, so I don't have to be constantly logging in just to move them around. Also some sort of travel time or arrival time data for ships in transit would be awesome.

Last edited by Royce; 05-26-2012 at 02:32 PM..
Old 05-26-2012, 02:19 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cromwell View Post
At large I can only agree to what visionwebs, Gatada and Comassion wrote.
I would like to see the game a little bit more in the direction of EVE.

Maybe my idea seems a little bit odd, but I would suggest that ZARKSOFT and BINARY HELIX (Dangerous a.k.a Nullspace) should team up, mix their games somehow and make an MMO something like EVE with a little bit less complexity, multi OS and Devices support.
Ok, sounds ambitious and expensive.
That might be a kickstarter project which could need a big name...

So, if you need a universe which is well know by space rpg players, then you could take ingZ Inc into the boat, they made Traveller AR (the AR feature is nonsense in my opinion, sorry for that @ingZ, but that is the bitter truth), which sadly is on hold at the moment due to financial difficulties. So they need money

Ok, maybe call me crazy, but it is just an idea which came into my mind when I was thinking about and searching for a little bit less complex alternative to EVE.There is NONE right now!
Maybe Vendetta Online, but that is not complex enough for me.
Have you tried Galactic Phantasy?
Old 05-26-2012, 03:10 PM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantus View Post
Have you tried Galactic Phantasy?
Hi Quantus, thx for showing this to me!

I have bought it some month ago, when it had a different name.
It looks quite nice and shiny.

BUT:
1.) It is no MMOG.
2.) It has no "free" flight/roaming as (more or less) in EVE, Vendetta Online, Freelancer, Dangerous etc...
3.) I do not like the combat system...

Maybe I should play either VO or EVE.
Old 05-26-2012, 04:04 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cromwell View Post
Maybe I should play VO
You really, really should. Nothing like it in the history of MMOs, both in terms of reflex- and precision-based combat, and of dynamic content.
Old 05-26-2012, 05:34 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

I wish VO would come to iOS. I hardly ever game on my Mac anymore.

I see that one of the main reasons that the VO team gives for it not being on iOS is that Apple doesn't allow for direct updating from the game servers, but Pocket Legends certainly seemed to do that. Am I wrong?
Old 05-26-2012, 05:40 PM
iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayjona View Post
You really, really should. Nothing like it in the history of MMOs, both in terms of reflex- and precision-based combat, and of dynamic content.
You make it sound unappealing.
Old 05-26-2012, 05:41 PM
iPad mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex DeLargest View Post
I wish VO would come to iOS. I hardly ever game on my Mac anymore.

I see that one of the main reasons that the VO team gives for it not being on iOS is that Apple doesn't allow for direct updating from the game servers, but Pocket Legends certainly seemed to do that. Am I wrong?
Almost every iOS MMO, including PL, does that. They have client updates that must pass through Apple, and separate server side only updates that they can do whenever they want.
Old 05-26-2012, 07:43 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Is it just me, or does anyone else find it really annoying that I can't select things at the edge of the screen. I can see it, I can tap on it, but nothing happens till I move the display area so the thin I want to interact with is away from the sides?

I don't know what I think of this so far. Haven't played outside the tutorial area. The whole non persistent server thing is a bit odd to me. My understanding is, I could not play for a few hours and then come back to the game to discover the server has been won and my game is over.... Not sure I want to dedicate my limited free time to something that might not exist when I finish work!

Plus point, this game has rekindled my love for Starbase Orion.