Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-27-2012, 08:50 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

There are only 2 servers available, and one doesn't start until the 27th of may - are anyone in any non-tutorial servers??
Old 05-27-2012, 11:37 AM

yeah. it seems we got a really buggy product. That is bad enough. But, the game doesn't seem to be that popular, either (no competitive server has more than like 250 people on it, right?). If it were a good, unpopular game, it could slowly built a base. If it were a bad, popular game, it could survive until it fixed its problems. I don't see this ending well at all, unfortunately. I feel bad for them because I know how much effort was put into this game. I think that, at one point, they completely scrapped the product and began anew.

But, i just feel like i'm playing craps my first time in Vegas. I have no clue about the intricacies of the rules, and no way to learn them should I want to. the house (that is the players who were in beta who are playing 2 or 3 characters simultaneously) has the advantage. and i keep 💩💩💩💩ing losing c(s)hips, and have no 💩💩💩💩ing clue where they went.

I hope I'm wrong about it all. But, i'll be scrapping my existing games, and waiting for a more rounded out product. Hopefully there will still be a few players by the time that happens.
Old 05-27-2012, 11:45 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

I can't play this anymore, a rivel has just ripped through every planet I own and all I can do is watch. I can't stay logged in long enough to mount a defense, ships often won't respond when I can get on.....it's like having a bully smash you in the face and not being able to defend yourself whatsoever.

Games like this instill anxiety. You constantly worry about it when you're not even playing.....it's like a bloody job.
Old 05-27-2012, 12:46 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

I definitely think the players who were beta testers are going to control the games for a while. While I have not been attacked yet, I'm sure it's because I don't have anything of value, lol.

Push notifications (that sent push notifications) would be nice.

Three or four days later and I'm STILL not used to double-tapping menu items on an iOS device.

I wouldn't mind quicker access to the Factories info - such as under the Ships screen. Trying to find out if I have any ships building seems to involve way too many taps to find the factories.

I like how when you go to build ships it tells you which research you need to have completed - which means I also wouldn't mind if under research items it would tell you which ships they apply to. Again, would save me so many screen taps.

Is there anything showing amount of resources you are harvesting? I don't see any dynamic numbers changing so I'm not even sure my harvesters are working, lol.

Would be nice to have an active chat going in-game. But honestly, only having a little chat window at the bottom of the screen isn't really too appealing for chat conversations.

I just recently took a look at the iOS game Haypi Kingdom (which has been around forever, apparently) but that is more designed like I wish this game was.
Old 05-27-2012, 01:13 PM
iPad mini

Wrath, I think you have some great points/comments, particularly concerning the need for a global production/factory tab, and the need for harvesting/trade data (which could go in the badly needed log I've already suggested ). Two things though. Afaik, any research that will unlock a ship or orbital already does mention that in its description. The chat is better than it looks at first. When you join a channel, there is an arrow button that will expand it to several lines or minimize it to the 1 line you usually see.
Old 05-27-2012, 01:38 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce View Post
Afaik, any research that will unlock a ship or orbital already does mention that in its description.
Thanks, Royce - you are right! I double-checked and yes, it does list them under the research item - thanks for the reminder!

And devensega's comment "Games like this instill anxiety. You constantly worry about it when you're not even playing.....it's like a bloody job." totally cracked me up! LOL I know the feeling, although at this point with this game I don't know enough about what I'm doing to even be worried about what happens, hehe.
Old 05-27-2012, 02:00 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 8.x

Been reading these posts and my enthusiasm
for getting this game is almost gone !!
How sad
Can anyone give me a good reason to get this game so I won't be kicking myself a million times
Old 05-27-2012, 02:19 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Ha ha....just checked in to the game after having log in/server issues all day. All my planets gone and my home world under attack. All ships, orbitals and defense arrays destroyed.......no messages and no way to defend myself all day.....

I won't be starting another game.
Old 05-27-2012, 02:37 PM
iPad mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capricornman View Post
Been reading these posts and my enthusiasm
for getting this game is almost gone !!
How sad
Can anyone give me a good reason to get this game so I won't be kicking myself a million times
It's cheap (2 bucks for a month, plus a free month to come), and has a lot going for it despite current bugginess and UI imperfections. If you don't want to play with a buggy product, move on and check back later. I am personally trying to learn what I can about game mechanics and strategy now, so that I'll be ready to play competitively when the game gets a bit more polished up
Old 05-27-2012, 03:28 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce View Post
It's cheap (2 bucks for a month, plus a free month to come), and has a lot going for it despite current bugginess and UI imperfections. If you don't want to play with a buggy product, move on and check back later. I am personally trying to learn what I can about game mechanics and strategy now, so that I'll be ready to play competitively when the game gets a bit more polished up
Thanks Royce
Just might take the plunge for a month
Cheers