Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-05-2012, 11:31 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolith View Post
jesus, now theres some bug where every time i tap on the screen a box appears asking if i want to post a screenshot to twitter.

plus i apparently cant redirect a colony ship after telling it to move somewhere. i keep being told that its "returning to my control", but its been an hour now, and the ship has continued to move several quadrants.
Log out of the game and log back in. Sometimes, it gets stuck after a 3 finger tap.

Redirecting things, I always see it reverts to my control AFTER it gets to it's destination.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:37 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolith View Post
wtf, 2 people can colonize planets in the same solar system?

this whole time i thought you claimed entire systems, since entire systems change color when you get one outpost in them...

now im getting crowded out by some dude whose managed to outpost the entire damn sector already.

this game is a hot mess.
In what strategy game do you know that you gain territory and that's it, it's yours forever and no one can take it away? None that I know of, you control planets, you colonize them our make them mining outposts, that doesn't mean they will be yours forever, you have to defend them. As empires grow, they need more territory, and they'll take it if they have to.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malphes View Post
In what strategy game do you know that you gain territory and that's it, it's yours forever and no one can take it away? None that I know of, you control planets, you colonize them our make them mining outposts, that doesn't mean they will be yours forever, you have to defend them. As empires grow, they need more territory, and they'll take it if they have to.
No part of this game is intuitive or acts the way i expect, therefore this was a surprise.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:42 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Claiming a single Planet in a System does not automatically give you rights to claim the other planets in that System at your leisure. That aspect of the game works exactly how I would expect it to work.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:47 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

I'm with Noah, on a game based on warfare, where two of the three objectives of winning are destroying either someones planet or a star(Thus creating a black hole and unless specifically researched making all planets and ships within that sector useless) I'm not sure how you couldn't expect that others can and will claim territory that is in the same sector as you, or take your own territory.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malphes View Post
I'm with Noah, on a game based on warfare, where two of the three objectives of winning are destroying either someones planet or a star(Thus creating a black hole and unless specifically researched making all planets and ships within that sector useless) I'm not sure how you couldn't expect that others can and will claim territory that is in the same sector as you, or take your own territory.
no.

my confusion was from the game signifying on the map that, via a color change, i seemed to own the system. considering the only other person in my quadrant was making a mad dash one outpost at a time for every solar system and leaving most planets within that system uninhabited, and since there is no tutorial on this, i assumed that this was how the game worked.

my confusion is not that combat exists. im not sure how you got that idea since i never even mentioned combat.

this game is junk, and im done.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:48 PM
Banned

the update list says crashing issues were fixed on ios 4.2 & 4.3, but app store says needs ios 5 and when i try to dl it all it says is ios 5 required. This game is a huge empire of fail.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:07 PM
iPhone 3G, OS 3.x

Monolith - The tiles are highlighted on the sector level to show that you have planets there, not that you control the entire system. If you go into the system it's self you'll see that only the planet(s) you control have a blue tile under them.

Napaka - Where are you seeing information that says crashes are fixed on ios 4.2&4.3? The closest comment I can find is this: "- 4G Touch should perform better, crashes should be fixed" which isn't the same thing.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:33 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Am I missing something with the colony ship? I take it to a planet I want, put it in orbit, and tell it to land there and make a new colony. Then it says "this looks like a great place to live" (or something like that) but it never lands on the planet.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:12 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

How is the terraform level? Normally I only colonize terran and water planets, and some aren't colonizable without being terraformed i believe like volcanic planets.