iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Default Witch Wars (By Com2uS)

Price: FREE with IAP
Version: 1.0.0
Size: 21.5 MB
Languages: English, Chinese, German, Japanese, Korean

Youtube link | Pop Up

Description
It's time for WITCH WARS! Real time puzzle battling and fast-paced block shattering action!

Glossy graphics and wicked-cool witches all in one game you won't be able to put down!

Oh, the best part? You can enjoy Com2uS's great network battle action for FREE!

Awesome gleaming, golden high-adrenaline effects amp the action in Witch Wars!
When you burst 3 magic symbols, the magic within it will be released! Keep 'em exploding to rack up powerups and win!

★Daily Bonus Event★
New character & coins unlock for you every day. Enjoy different rewards and characters each and every day!

Play with 7 different witch characters to enjoy real time battles with users all over the world!

Game Features

-- 3-block-matching puzzle gameplay you know and love.
-- 5 awesome block elements add specialized skills to your status: Knife (attack), handcuffs (imprison), potion (heal), skill book (skill gauge), coin (earn coins)
-- Power Block : Activate stronger attacks when bursting 4 blocks or more!

Different Modes!!!
-- Online Match Mode : Real time network battles with users around the world
-- Single Match Mode : Single survival mode with normal, hard, and hell modes
-- Flash Mode : Earn as much points as possible in 1 minute
-- Infinity Mode: Challenge for the highest level and score to infinity and beyond!

...And More!
-- 7 different witch characters, each with different skills + voice support!
-- Move on up: upgrade abilities with coins
-- Global ranking support

★ Perfect English Support ! ★
We also support Korean, Deutsch, français, 日本語, 中文简体, and 中文繁體.

Last edited by iANiMeX; 05-17-2012 at 04:12 AM..
Old 05-17-2012, 04:13 AM

Default Learn more about the game!

Old 05-17-2012, 04:18 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

This is an awesome match-3 versus game. I've participated in the Beta Event before and glad that it finally came out. Now will try to rule the online leaderboard.
Old 05-17-2012, 11:03 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

The game is really fun but man is it IAP heavy. Little too much for my tastes, I'm not sure how long i'll play because it definitely seems you pay for an advantage here.
Old 05-17-2012, 11:16 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malphes View Post
The game is really fun but man is it IAP heavy. Little too much for my tastes, I'm not sure how long i'll play because it definitely seems you pay for an advantage here.
agreed... love me some match-3 games... but DAMNIT is the IAP ridiculous. Com2uS has gone overboard.
Old 05-17-2012, 11:22 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
agreed... love me some match-3 games... but DAMNIT is the IAP ridiculous. Com2uS has gone overboard.
True. The IAP almost killed the game. I mean unlocking the last powerful characters for $9.99 each is too much.

Last edited by iANiMeX; 05-17-2012 at 12:57 PM..
Old 05-17-2012, 12:15 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

So happy this is finally out but very sad to see Com2Us pushing so much $$ for characters. That is a real shame. That being said you do not need those characters to win. During the beta event I played with the first character and defeated everyone and had a number 1 ranking so don't feel like you have to purchase those characters to win
Old 05-17-2012, 12:57 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by iANiMeX View Post
True. The IAP killed the game.
I'm confused. Three characters cost money, but all other content in the game is free. Since the IAP currency (coins) is also the free currency, we can grind our way to every upgrade, and to unlock the majority of the characters.

There are no Gameloft-style timed energy limits on gameplay or progression, no purchaseable absolute competitive advantages in PvP (since reports indicate all witches are competitive in head-to-head, and since active and passive skills can be capped out with coins earned from gameplay alone), and no other artificial paywalls on playtime or progression.

In what way does this "ruin" the game? Com2Us simply give us little more than half the game for free (four witches of seven, plus daily free online usage of one otherwise single player premium or locked freemium witch), and sell the rest shareware- or expansion-style.

(That the three premium witches are outrageously priced doesn't really affect our enjoyment of the free content, unlike destructive IAP and strict paywalls, since we can enjoy the rest of the game, single player modes as well as online multiplayer, without them, and without any other limitations.)

They might as well have released the free part of the game as a lite, and sold the premium content as an expensive paid app. While I've little doubt there'd be (valid) complaints over the price of the premium content, I doubt anyone would claim the free game was "ruined" by the existence of paid content.

I think it might be time to check our hatred of IAP, and apply it where it actually throws off competitive online balance, infests expensive premium apps, restricts players with severe paywalls and energy timers, etc, not where it provides additional content inside otherwise free and unlimited apps.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:08 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

I agree it didn't outright ruin the game, but for a while it has hampered the fun because the people that drop money on coins to boost their skills with the coin grind it's going to take a bit to catch up.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:13 PM

Default Game Impressions