★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: ShaoKan Pi
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 25.2 MB
  • Version: 2.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (5)
App description: Once upon a time, there was a magical land covered by many mysterious creatures. Goblins, spirits and yetis took over the world. There were also heroes, in the midst of the forests and caves, they were never short of vigilance. As a workman you must sharpen your tools in essence to becoming a hero. Come to Adventurer Workshop and boost your powers.

In Adventurer Workshop, you are the shop keeper who is visited by various adventurous customers who want to buy items for their quest. By chaining the appropriate materials AND the customer itself, you craft one of these items and sell it to him. With lots of helpful skills and interesting events happening unpredictably, you have to maintain the shop reputation and make profit! Use strategy to sell items smartly. You will find out it is challenging to be a shop keeper!

*** Features ***

- A brand new highly tactical puzzle game
- Exciting timer
- Random events
- 15 skills over 3 classes
- 16 different goods over 4 different classes
- Fun medieval themed graphics and music

whobirdsyou's comments:
We are college students who have passion on creating amazing game!
And now our first game "Adventurer Workshop" is available on App Store !!
We need your encouragement to help our dream moving on ~

05-17-2012, 03:43 AM
Beautiful graphic design!

05-17-2012, 04:13 AM
thx~!!!
05-17-2012, 04:26 AM
Hmmm

Haven't picked this up yet but by the looks of the screenshot this looks very similar to Dungeon Raid.
Is it true?
05-17-2012, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryNicole View Post
Haven't picked this up yet but by the looks of the screenshot this looks very similar to Dungeon Raid.
Is it true?
i tried it
looks similar, but still some diff in gameplay
05-17-2012, 02:46 PM
I bought it and it is unexpected nice! I am really digging the graphics and art style, as well as the music, undistracting medieval themes in flute and other medieval instruments.
The game itself puts you on the other side of dungeons - you won't visit a single one. The core gameplay was inspired by Dungeon Raid, but this time you are the shop keeper who is visited by various adventurous customers who want to buy items for their quests. By chaining the approprite symbols AND the customer itself, you craft one of these items and sell it to him.

There's much more in the game - power-ups, timers, unexpected events, reputation and other things; it all makes the game different from Dungeon Raid.
I would bescribe it as a 'chain-3-with-time-and-ressource-management', a highly tactical game which can really evolve because there's stuff for so much more ideas.
All in all, this is clearly a nice genre-mix from some young devs who not just copied another game - they created something fresh. Tho it hooks you like Dungeon Raid and looks similiar in play and style to some point, while playing it feels very different, yet nice and addicting like Dungeon Raid. I hope it keeps its depth after longer playing times.

Recommended.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 05-17-2012 at 04:09 PM.
05-18-2012, 03:18 AM
Vovin :

Thank you for your comment. It gave us much confident of what we're doing.
Yes we were inspired by Dungeon Raid, which gave us a great idea how a puzzle game could be.
Your description about our game is pretty good and accurate. Could we quote part of your words in our game introduction ?

ps. i'm not a native english speaker, sorry for my poor writing.

Last edited by whobirdsyou; 05-18-2012 at 05:42 AM.
05-18-2012, 01:38 PM
Haven't played Dungeon Raid. But your game is really worth playing. Good job!
05-18-2012, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whobirdsyou View Post
Vovin :

Thank you for your comment. It gave us much confident of what we're doing.
Yes we were inspired by Dungeon Raid, which gave us a great idea how a puzzle game could be.
Your description about our game is pretty good and accurate. Could we quote part of your words in our game introduction ?

ps. i'm not a native english speaker, sorry for my poor writing.

I am neither (because I am German), but you are very good to understand.
Of course you can quote me if you like.

The translation of the game is good, btw - I played some more and will leave you a 5-star rating on the AppStore. Ot's nice to see how you got ideas from other games but changed it into something new. It gets pressy tricky after a while, to get the coins exactly where I want them to chain up.

One little criticism: please add a "relaxed" mode to the "times-mode"... sure, the pressure of your 20-seconds-turn adds some challenge, but I also like to play relaxed sometimes, as well as lots of other people do. Maybe you can create two different leaderboards for both modes?

Again, good job - I am really enjoying Adventurer Workshop!
I will leave you a 5-star-rating at the Appstore (even if I had a small issue) - your first game already shines like others in the same category - it doesn't need to hide behind other good indie titles.

And the best: No IAP! You get the full game for a buck at the moment. No IAP-ridden app like so much others these days.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 05-18-2012 at 03:59 PM.
05-18-2012, 05:34 PM
Game Impressions

Pretty cute so far and actually requires a serious brain retrain from pure Dungeon Raid-esque thinking.

"Bigger is not always better!"

What I mean by that is when playing this game every resource you drag a line through is costing you money so if you are, for example, trying to clear a group of shoes out of the way so as to connect the customer up to some sword blocks, there is NO incentive to connecting really any more the minimum group of three shoe blocks since this is cash you're paying out for no return.

Something not entirely clear, Mr. Dev, if a customer is only asking for a level 1 sword and I deliver them a truly epic level 10 sword, will they pay me appropriately or am I only being paid based on the REQUESTED job?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews