★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The aim of the game is to find as many English sayings as you can. For example: butterflies in the stomach, to butter someone up, the forbidden fruit tastes the sweetest, and ace in the hole.

See the screenshots to see what we mean!

Gameplay is similar to Wheres Waldo, but much more mature (this is more of an adults' game).

There is a helpful alphabetical list of all the sayings to guide you through.

Discover hundreds of humorous, bizarre, and sometimes risqué interpretations of everyday sayings hidden within 4 famous paintings by T. E. Breitenbach. Imagine a real case of break the ice, cut the rug, cat got your tongue, and burning the candle at both ends.

Hundreds of thousands of people have already purchased Proverbidioms posters and jigsaws. Now for the first time, Proverbidioms the App offers a whole new interactive experience to give you hours of addictive, unsurpassed fun and learning!

There are 4 games in this app.

Download now and try the first for free!

Read about the competition we have running, but only the most persevering can enter.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Stay up to date with new developments and competition announcements!

Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/proverbidioms

Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/proverbidioms

Greenstone Games's comments:
Hey guys, we're the developers of this new app, which we think a lot of you will enjoy.

Free to download.

Screen Shots -More Coming Soon

User Reviews (100% non-edited)

One of the most unique games on the AppStore combining clever artwork and crafty gameplay. The game perfectly marries uniquely wonderful artful presentations with challenging hunt, peck and match puzzles making for an experience that is entertaining, enlightening and educational. Go forth and download!
~ColeDaddy (Kevin Agot) Touch Arcade forum

SUPER FUN/ADDICTIVE/CLEVER & CHALLENGING .. bought all levels .. MORE PLEASE .. I even bought the Kindle version of the ANSWERS ..
~CW8175

Great! Awesome! Once you start you can't put it down! A must for any puzzle player! Please, more games just like this!
~by Susie66k

4 Paintings

The game involves 4 unusual and captivating paintings featuring hundreds of proverbs and idioms painted literally and humorously.

Some Interesting Facts about Proverbidioms:

The artist was the youngest person to receive the Rome Prize Fellowship in visual arts
The artist did a collaboration with Jim Morrison from The Doors.
Proverbidioms appeared as a set piece on the TV shows "Beverly Hills, 90210" and "As the World Turns"
The best selling poster in the United States
Made into Jigsaws widely available in bookshops and online.

Easy and Hard

Some are fairly easy to find and you should be able to spot them within the first few minutes.

Others are much more challenging, for example possibly the most challenging one to find (in the first poster) is 'the ball game is over'. But don't start by looking for that one! Start with easy ones such as 'time flies', 'rat race' and 'an axe to grind' and gradually you will start to get better and better.

Examples

Ants in the pants
Spreading yourself thin
Cash cow
Hit the sack
Cat got your tongue
Dog eat dog
You are what you eat
Self-made man
Throw out the baby with the bath water
AND OVER 850 MORE.

About the Artist

The artist TE Breitenbach (Thom) finished the first Proverbidioms painting in 1975, and the 4th one in 2007. The paintings took a total of 13 YEARS to produce.
Thom also gave a lot of input while we were designing the app, and it wouldn't be what it is today without his constant feedback and help.

Thom resides in a castle in New York that he built himself over several decades. The castle features medieval ironwork for the many door handles and hinges inside, which he made himself in his blacksmith workshop.

Background Noises in the App

Note: When you play the game, notice the subtle background noises as you move around, there are actually hundreds of different sounds that correspond to different areas of the paintings.

For example, zoom in over the clock and you will notice a faint ticking sound, or go over to the lady playing the cello and you will hear the the cello. But only very faintly, as we wanted to keep these background noises very subtle.

Please comment below with any questions or feedback, thanks!

Book Symbol in Corner

Make sure you click on the book symbol in the bottom corner to try different play modes, VERY DIFFERENT EXPERIENCES.

IPAD ONLY

FREE DOWNLOAD

05-19-2012, 07:48 AM
Tried it out on my new ipad and it looks and plays quite interesting. I'm usually more into strategy rather than puzzle games but my wife really enjoyed this so Im glad I downloaded it.
05-19-2012, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rarak View Post
Tried it out on my new ipad and it looks and plays quite interesting. I'm usually more into strategy rather than puzzle games but my wife really enjoyed this so Im glad I downloaded it.
Hi Rarak, thanks for your feedback, feel free to email me personally at jarn@greenstonegames.com if you or your wife have any questions about the game. And I'm sure you've discovered by now that there are two ways to play it, and you can switch by touching the book symbol in the bottom left-hand corner.