★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Arvale: Ocean of Time - RPG ($2.99) Lite is out

05-20-2009, 11:57 PM
Arvale: Ocean of Time - RPG ($2.99) Lite is out

Arvale: Ocean of Time is another award-winning, epic
Role Playing Game, just like the other Arvales!

But THIS game contains over 40 hours of gameplay, 8 immense continents, more hyperboles, 325 maps, 445 monsters, 400 items (including more wheelbarrows!), more typos, and Two thousand laughs!

If you enjoy games such as Zelda, Pokemon, Dragon Quest or the Final Fantasy games, you will love this game! Featuring humor and story-telling similar to the classic Lucasarts adventure games such as Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle, and Sam & Max.

-Engage in an even more Epic Story involving Time Travel, Gods and Goddesses, and the Fate of the World

-Explore even more of the vast World of Arvale by traveling to eight different continents, packed with villages, castles, forests, deserts, dungeons, swamps, jungles, rain-forests, and many more locales

-Unlock more secrets of the past, by solving puzzles in Ancient Temples and Dungeons

-Choose more of your own destiny on which paths to take in the story

-Travel across the world even more with 4 different modes of transportation: by land, by sea, by air, and through time

-Talk with any of over 500 colorful Non-player Characters you meet to learn about the world

-Fight against over 445 different Monsters and Enemies
Interact with even more tons of objects from gold-filled chests and cryptic doors, to antique books and mysterious wheelbarrows

-Rescue more Fair Maidens, recover Lost Artifacts and Battle with Evil Villains

-View more intriguing Cut-scenes that unveil the alluring story

-Navigate more unknown territory with a brand new instant-map feature

-Enjoy over 125 sound effects that accentuate battle hits and give ambiance to the environments.

-Venture on more than a multitude of Side-Quests (for the Overachieving Heroes)

-Vivid, more Colorful Graphics, consisting of over 3000 Beautiful Graphical Elements

-Listen to even more of an Amazing original Musical Score with over 65 minutes in a total of 27 Soundtracks

-Feel more ambiance of different environments with weather effects like rain, fog, snow, and more

-Challenge yourself to more with three different difficulty levels

-Multiple Endings determined by your decisions in the game

-Completely overhauled UI and updated engine tailored to the iPhone

Zelda and Pokemon are trademarks of Nintendo. Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy are trademarks of Square-Enix. Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle, and Sam & Max are trademarks of Lucasarts. These trademark owners are not associated with PDAmill Game Studios or Nav N Go Kft.

05-20-2009, 11:58 PM
lol, "more typos"

05-21-2009, 12:02 AM
Lol strenght

Is that an iPhone in your pocket, or are you happy to see me?
05-21-2009, 12:04 AM
Originally Posted by Mahaa93 View Post
Lol strenght
LMFAO good catch mahaa.....engrish anyone?

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*
05-21-2009, 12:04 AM
With the Quest getting an expansion just yesterday, I will hold off on this. I still need to get around to playing the first Arvale anyway.

(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
05-21-2009, 12:05 AM
With Zenonia just about to be released, it seems like a bad time to release this now.

I sort of lost interest in the first Arvale game half way -- no challenge and rather monotonous combat.
05-21-2009, 12:11 AM
Originally Posted by Ravenblack View Post
With Zenonia just about to be released, it seems like a bad time to release this now.

I sort of lost interest in the first Arvale game half way -- no challenge and rather monotonous combat.
I'd say it's a good time. How many people out there know Zenonia is about to be released? Not many I suppose. That's why they might purchase this game first. No one would buy this game after Zenonia is released

Four most influential games: Papi Jump, iDracula, Fieldrunners, Flight Control.
05-21-2009, 12:34 AM
I didn't like the original Arvale for iPhone, I doubt this one will be better.
Fighting no more than one enemy at a time, boring music, failed attempts at humor and a durability system makes it much less appealing than Zenonia or Vay. Seriously it's about the same price as Zenonia which will be released in a few days, I doubt the sales of this will be any good unless price is significantly lowered.
05-21-2009, 01:46 AM
I liked the first Arvale, but not how it ended. I didn't mind the typos (you even find them in FF) and I didn't mind the hokey humor, either. I also loved and finished Quest and so bought the expansion pack right away. However, since I have begun replaying all the FF (right now on FF IV, DS...really breaking in that DSi having just finished Grimoire of the Rift), I'm finding it hard to get back to any of the others until I've finished. I get controls and spells and abilities all confused. I've been playing too many games.

But back to Arvale - I found the first a little hard to get into, for some reason. I also felt the same about The Quest at the start. However, when I got in a little bit, I was hooked and played each, obsessively, until I was done. That happens a lot to me, I think because I become so engrossed in whatever game I'm playing, I have to do some adjusting to get into the next one. I shouldn't, but I'll be buying this installment of Arvale when I have finally exhausted the current FF and then The Quest expansion, at which point, Arvale will have hopefully gone on sale! I think the graphics look a little more polished, which is nice, and I seem to recall that the story kind of picks up where the other left off (or is at least related to the other), which is always a plus. I got a ton of play time out of Arvale, and that goes a long way in countering the other games that I spent a few minutes on before forgetting I ever bought them!
05-21-2009, 02:38 AM
Originally Posted by Ravenblack View Post
Same here!

I got half way through, and was like, " what's the point of all this"

Playin the quest, or any of the numerous, awesome expansions? Are you stuck? If you need any help, feel free to PM me or email at "my user name" @gmail.com
I'm happy to help -GLLive, Marshall_B I have starfront , add me!