★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Come fly the deadly skies in Zombie Ace!

These undead pilots guarantee fast service to 14 destinations across the United States of America. When you need to infect the next city fast, trust a Zombie Ace to get you there!

* Infect the zombie plague across 14 U.S.A. cities
* Choose from 5 different Zombie Ace pilots
* Upgrade your plane with better wings, faster engines and more fuel
* Battle with enemy Jet Fighters, Attack Choppers, Bombers, and Tanks
* Test your skills flying through Lightning Storms or avoiding attacks from Giant Killer Robots and other hazards!
* Complete 100 missions to rank up and earn rewards
* Play Brain Scratcher tickets to win more prizes between flights

Play Zombie Ace now to infect America!

strivemind's comments:

05-22-2012, 10:56 AM
Anyone TOFTT for this?

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

05-22-2012, 11:03 AM
Looks interesting..

Last edited by sink_or_swim; 05-22-2012 at 11:05 AM.
05-22-2012, 11:55 AM
I'll give it a go... Impressions in a little bit...

Agent of TOFTT
Gamecenter Tag: QuickWit5
05-22-2012, 12:30 PM
Just gave it a couple of flights so this review wont be full, but it will give you enough to know if you want to pluck down a buck and go for it yourself...

The game plays close to Jetpack Joyride -- with some extras. You control your zombie captained plane by touching the screen. This makes the plane go up, letting go of the screen causes it to head down. Along the way there are coins to collect and objects to avoid. That's pretty similar to JJ.

But there are enemies that you need to take out. To do this you tap on the enemy and you'll throw a zombie at it to take it out. Then collect the pilot of that plane so you can turn them into a zombies. You can then land with your new zombies in a city and try to infect it, or keep flying to the next city.

Other little touches are supply trucks that you can get behind to give you power ups. Not sure how you draft an airplane behind a truck, but I guess I've given up on reason with the whole "zombies flying airplanes" thing.

The game seems to have a lot going for it, but the whole tutorial isn't one of them. Hints pop up throughout, but I'm not sure what my real goal is. I thought I was supposed to avoid birds and balloons, but then I got a power up that attracted them (and coins) to me. Is it good to land so I can claim the city, or keep flying to another one? Longevity seems to be what most games would go for, but when I do and I don't make it, I've lost everything.

Also, I'm not sure on how many zombies I have to throw. It seems like I run out, though I don't know how. My thinking would be that if I throw a zombie and collect three more from the enemy plane, I'm back to three zombies to throw. But for some reason I keep running out and I'm not sure how, or even "if", I can get more of them. This was very frustrating.

The game lets you upgrade throughout. You can make adjustments to your plane and to your pilot. There doesn't seem to be an IAP plan for this, so it's just keep playing and get more coins (and brains). All of this is another part where the game could be better explained.

Graphically the game is very nice. Other than me wanting some more info (number of zombies left) the screen is full of crisp color and I'm looking forward to playing it on my iPad. Music and sound are also nice. Hothead has always done a nice job in presentation.

You also get the now familiar "three missions at time" concept. I'm a fan of this since it is a good way to drag you in. Once you complete a mission (fly 5000 miles for instance) it's replaced with another one.

It's a very nice game for a dollar and I know that once I figure things out better (I've only flown four missions), I'll like it more. But it's the type of thing that you wish the designers had thought of in the beginning.

Agent of TOFTT
05-22-2012, 12:38 PM
thank you for your review.. I have just one question, are there game center achievements and if so.. how many?
05-22-2012, 01:12 PM
Yeah... forgot to put that in...

There are achievements. I don't recall the exact amount about I'd say about 30. Of course many of them are just an add on to a previous -- Infect 2 cities, Infect 3 cities, etc.. but I do recall a few good ones. I'm a fan of the really bizarre achievements. I don't care about the points for completing them, I really like the odd ones that make you laugh when you read them and then kill yourself trying to accomplish.

There's also a leader board.

Agent of TOFTT
05-22-2012, 01:51 PM
Thanks for the review QuickWit, This is not my game but your review gave me lots of insight at stuff that I should be thinking of in mine.

Follow EatingMyHat on Facebook, Twitter and Blog
05-22-2012, 02:12 PM
Ok just a quick impression since most of the mini reviews are kind of wrong at the moment. THERE IS IAP It comes in the form of brains(which can be earned very slowly). Most unlocks are brains after the first time you upgrade them with bucks. Unlike jetpack joyride coins are not the currency but a form of score multiplier and mission requisite. Game is fun but very IAP heavy. Landing in cities multiple times infects them to do this you must drop off the required number of zombies indicted by the red circle on the cities names. Someone asked why would you choose to fly into early cities if the game is a longevity game. Its because when you earn the auto pilot power up you can begin in any infected city. P.s. most planes are destroyed by one to two zombies but to get them back you must grab the parachuted zombies that pop out of downed planes.
05-22-2012, 02:24 PM
Game Impressions

Last edited by Sanuku; 05-22-2012 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Right Trailer added :D