★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Steel Knuckle Boxing ($.99)

05-21-2009, 12:25 AM
Steel Knuckle Boxing ($.99)

Feeling a little hot under the collar? Traffic, mounting bills, your boss (grrrr, your boss); it feels like a dog pile of anger has enveloped your soul. Well, release the tension and tap into your inner Floyd Mayweather or Manny "Pac-Man" Pacquiao and slug it out with Steel Knuckle Boxing. Slip the jab and drill away at your opponent while washing your worries away. A fun button-mashing game that anyone can enjoy anywhere, anytime.

In Steel Knuckle Boxing, the name of the game is hit, or be hit. Featuring left and right controls, you can throw combos and exploit whatever side your opponent is vulnerable to. You also have defensive controls to protect each side of your body. Pay attention to your opponents patterns and habits to cover yourself up and then counterattack for bruising knockouts and TKOs. The app will be keep updating, such as the addition of more characters and venues, enhanced difficulty, and special moves. With all these additions and updates in the pipeline, a price increase down the road is likely, so grab this app at this great low price!

Steel Knuckle Boxing works with both generations of the iPhone, as well as the iPod Touch.

Fans of Mike Tyson's Punch-Out, Street Fighter, UFC, MMA, and Punch-O-Meter will enjoy Steel Knuckle Boxing.

Any reference to any third-party products, services, or other information, by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, developer, supplier or otherwise, is for convenience only, and does not constitute nor imply endorsement, affiliation, or sponsorship thereof. All trademarks, service marks, product or service names mentioned herein, are the property of their respective owners, and no claim is made to any such mark.

http://toucharcade.com/link/http://p...311634616&mt=8

05-21-2009, 12:31 AM
Looks neat. I'm a bit broke at the moment though. Will keep it in mind for later though.

05-21-2009, 12:32 AM
looks like a cheap Punch Out. Get Punk Justice insteåd, same concept, but with seemingly better execution.
05-21-2009, 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.D. CrAzY View Post
Looks neat. I'm a bit broke at the moment though.
But it's just 99 cents.
410 Apps later and i am still saying that, i am an addict.

1st & 2nd gen iPod Touch 3.0
XBL, Plus+ and OpenFeint: TheKrazyRussian
Fav Dev/Game: Self Aware Games / Sentinel 2.
Beta tested for Ngmoco, EA and Insomniac Games.
05-21-2009, 12:58 AM
+2 for Punk Justice. More polished.

Don't check this site or private messages often.
05-21-2009, 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDeb View Post
Have you played both or are you guys judging this off no reviews and 5 screenshots?
05-21-2009, 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKrazyRussian View Post
But it's just 99 cents.
410 Apps later and i am still saying that, i am an addict.
Yeah its cheap, but I'm COMPLETELY broke

Stupid bills and stuff.

I'll have money tommorow though.

Damn 410 apps...I thought I was bad
05-21-2009, 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
Have you played both or are you guys judging this off no reviews and 5 screenshots?
Guilty as charged.

Don't check this site or private messages often.
05-21-2009, 04:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDeb View Post
The style of this one doesn't seem so bad to me. But yes, the game mechanics look the same, so I'm not sure about getting also this one. I'll wait some reviews.