Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-25-2012, 01:28 PM

Thanks for writing such a detailed review Ayjona!

I have heard few reports of the game crashing and I am wondering, has anyone on these forums experienced the crashes? I am trying to get more info so I can fix them.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:30 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Haven't had crashes on either new ipad or ipod touch 4.

The game is more challenging than Tactical Warrior as I find I need to notice and pay more attention to attack range and types on the field to deploy the right type of units. I find myself replaying certain maps for items and cards, as well leveling up new units. Being able to try out different attack types with the captain unit is a lot of fun. Really enjoying this.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:20 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Game Impressions

It's a shame people sometimes feel they must do everything themselves. This developer is clearly super talented when it comes to designing the elements of gameplay, (I played all the app store releases) and just as clearly much less talented when it comes to art, (note I did not say "graphics") and user interface design.

Ergo, this game is just as great, and just as flawed, as its predecessors. I can enjoy it for what it is, but can't help feeling that if only the dev would recognise his limitations and get help where it's needed, this would be a much better game.
Old 05-26-2012, 08:51 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

(To Jamvert or anyone who knows):

A question on the quests that have expiration -- when does the countdown to expiration for them begin? Once the campaign begins or when I unlock the area or when I first open the area to look at the quest list within? Because I could've sworn the first one in the Hills of Dusk is already expired when I first opened the quest list for that area.

Expired quests are permanent, but I guess there should be enough keys to unlock the story even if you fail to get through them in time? Just asking to make sure.
Old 05-26-2012, 06:36 PM
iPhone 4S

I haven't noticed any crashes, but I am only on Day 15. Is this game more challenging than Tactical Warrior or is it just me? I have not been replaying missions or grinding because I thought it would ruin the fun, but I am having a heck of a challenge. Especially the 2nd medic mission in the bottom right where they're all just healing each other and doing massive special damage with their sear attack.

Also, I believe there should be an option to drop people out of your party. I took some party members so I could see what the class does, but I don't see myself using them again. Would be nice to salvage people or drop them completely.
Old 05-26-2012, 08:00 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default !

Jam long time no see! I got your back with my purchase i hope you have alot of success with this one!
Old 05-27-2012, 10:36 AM
iPhone 4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamvert View Post
Thanks for writing such a detailed review Ayjona!

I have heard few reports of the game crashing and I am wondering, has anyone on these forums experienced the crashes? I am trying to get more info so I can fix them.
Yeah, game crashes for me during battles. the enemy turn ends, should go back to the captain, but the game closes instead. Also happens after initial setup. Should go to captain but crashes. I'm playing on medium difficulty with the 'warrior' captain. The crashes didn't happen at the start of the game, but a number of days into the game.

I've done the usual power on and off but no idea if it's the game or the phone.

Hope you do find a fix as I'm loving the game, probably even more so than Tactical Warrior. Without a fix, it's unplayable.

best of luck,
Old 05-27-2012, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblack View Post
(To Jamvert or anyone who knows):

A question on the quests that have expiration -- when does the countdown to expiration for them begin? Once the campaign begins or when I unlock the area or when I first open the area to look at the quest list within? Because I could've sworn the first one in the Hills of Dusk is already expired when I first opened the quest list for that area.

Expired quests are permanent, but I guess there should be enough keys to unlock the story even if you fail to get through them in time? Just asking to make sure.
The count starts at the beginning of the campaign. The maps just figure how many days are left based on what the current day of the campaign is at.

The Hills of Dusk has one that expires super early, just to give you a bit of a boost if you go that direction first. Otherwise going west first seemed much better. The reward from the fight isn't anything special, though.

You can always complete the story. The most a timed battle ever has is a blue key and blue key areas are never critical. They are just bonus areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
It's a shame people sometimes feel they must do everything themselves. This developer is clearly super talented when it comes to designing the elements of gameplay, (I played all the app store releases) and just as clearly much less talented when it comes to art, (note I did not say "graphics") and user interface design.

Ergo, this game is just as great, and just as flawed, as its predecessors. I can enjoy it for what it is, but can't help feeling that if only the dev would recognise his limitations and get help where it's needed, this would be a much better game.
In this one I didn't actual do the art myself. What do you mean by art, but not the graphics?

As far as the user interface goes, just so I know, what would you say are the biggest flaws in it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankyham23 View Post
Yeah, game crashes for me during battles. the enemy turn ends, should go back to the captain, but the game closes instead. Also happens after initial setup. Should go to captain but crashes. I'm playing on medium difficulty with the 'warrior' captain. The crashes didn't happen at the start of the game, but a number of days into the game.

I've done the usual power on and off but no idea if it's the game or the phone.

Hope you do find a fix as I'm loving the game, probably even more so than Tactical Warrior. Without a fix, it's unplayable.

best of luck,
Thanks for the info Spankyham! From this information I am now 85% sure I know what is causing the crash. With a bit of luck I should be able to have it fixed and submitted on Monday. If not, I may be back here, bugging you for more info :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juuicetin View Post
I haven't noticed any crashes, but I am only on Day 15. Is this game more challenging than Tactical Warrior or is it just me? I have not been replaying missions or grinding because I thought it would ruin the fun, but I am having a heck of a challenge. Especially the 2nd medic mission in the bottom right where they're all just healing each other and doing massive special damage with their sear attack.
If you are on hard, you may need to do a small amount of grinding here and there. I did a little grinding myself, when setting the difficulty for hard. Not an excess, but a few.
Old 05-27-2012, 04:38 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Man i am on just medium and the game is seriously hard, i am looking all over for some battles i actually can win or some easy battles to get some more xp or items. Maybe i need to put the difficulty down or am i missing something, i have done plenty of grinding already and still having problems.
Old 05-27-2012, 04:41 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amenbrother View Post
Man i am on just medium and the game is seriously hard, i am looking all over for some battles i actually can win or some easy battles to get some more xp or items. Maybe i need to put the difficulty down or am i missing something, i have done plenty of grinding already and still having problems.
This game is more challenging than TacWar... There seems to be way more units with his resistances... you can't just send in individual units to take out mobs anymore.

You need to heavily consider resistances whenever you enter a battle now.

That being said, Imma start a new game with another captain. And I love this game xD

My only wish would be the ability to rotate the screen without me having to use a tweak from cydia