Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-11-2012, 11:27 AM

Default Golden Key

I have finished the game but still have 1 golden key left ?????

The only place that is still black on the map is the bottom right, and I cant work out how to open up that part of the map, I have finished all missions and opened and completed all blue key missions.

someone please help.

Also is there anymore maps like in tatical warrior, or is it only the one map ???
Old 06-11-2012, 11:38 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I believe the one golden key if for unlocking the black area after the update.. I have 1 golden key left too..
Old 06-11-2012, 12:57 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathrus View Post
I beat TW on hard handily, but had a difficult time with the end of easy, and I'm pretty well stuck in the middle of medium for the second time.

Please do. Right now the gameplay suffers from a "death spiral" effect. If you don't win enough battles (and don't win with enough heroes alive) then you have to grind and use up time, get locked out of red battles, which leads to less xp and fewer items/cards/heroes, which leads to more losses...

I still love it, but I think the difficulty or xp may need some tweaks still.

Oh, and so far my favorite character/item combo is a sniper with the 100% double action item and +10 stamina/turn. The health loss from the 2x action isn't a big deal for snipers, and it lets you frequently do a trace and stun in one turn. Makes for quick work of Ogres.
I couldnt agree more...
Old 06-12-2012, 12:32 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

I suggest the following (#1 already posted earlier):
1. Remove death penalty. When someone die, add his survival exp (which he didn't get) to the victory exp, or survival exp of other members. So total exp of the team is the same, just distribution change.
2. When you lost a battle, don't advance the time. This will allow you to experiment and trying to figure out how to beat a tough mission, without running out of time for future timed missions.

With that, i think it will be easier to balance the missions. For example, by mission #100, you know the team will already earn XXX exp, and the time should be advanced to XXX days already. So you can design the mission accordingly.

Basic idea is don't give penalty to people who are doing badly. That just make it worse and worse for them.
Old 06-12-2012, 02:23 AM

Cheers mate
Old 06-12-2012, 02:43 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by klako View Post
I suggest the following (#1 already posted earlier):
1. Remove death penalty. When someone die, add his survival exp (which he didn't get) to the victory exp, or survival exp of other members. So total exp of the team is the same, just distribution change.
2. When you lost a battle, don't advance the time. This will allow you to experiment and trying to figure out how to beat a tough mission, without running out of time for future timed missions.

With that, i think it will be easier to balance the missions. For example, by mission #100, you know the team will already earn XXX exp, and the time should be advanced to XXX days already. So you can design the mission accordingly.

Basic idea is don't give penalty to people who are doing badly. That just make it worse and worse for them.
Did the day passes if we are defeated?
I didn't notice that.. In fact, if I'm about to lose, I'll just end the mission, and no days are passed..
Old 06-12-2012, 04:40 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_envoys View Post
Did the day passes if we are defeated?
I didn't notice that.. In fact, if I'm about to lose, I'll just end the mission, and no days are passed..
It does. press the button on the bottom left to see the days+hours.
Start a mission, end mission right away.
Check the days+hours again. It will advance a bit.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:50 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
It does. press the button on the bottom left to see the days+hours.
Start a mission, end mission right away.
Check the days+hours again. It will advance a bit.
I didn't realize that..
I've finished the game twice and still thinks that half day passes after I cleared a mission..
Thanks for the info!
Old 06-12-2012, 01:23 PM

Quote:
In TW, i seems to remember that the survival exp is not lost if someone die, the remaining guys get it. At least, that is the impression i get.
Maybe implement something like that, if someone die, give his survival exp to other remaining guys, or give to victory exp. That way the total exp you gain from a mission is the same. No penalty for someone dying.
Yeah, in TW, for the survival exp there was just a set amount and it was divided among the survivors. In this one I thought it was less necessary because you can always repeat a battle if you get a little behind in exp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_envoys View Post
Beaten the game on day 21, difficulty medium with all areas unloked and some of it beaten!!
Great game!!!

I have a question for the devs..
Is the update contains red (timed) mission?
If it is, I must restrain my playing..
I'm afraid if I play too much I can't play the timed mission on update because my day count will be too high if I play extensively..
Yes, when the expansion comes out it will have timed missions. I think I will probably add some new starting parties however, with expansion characters or less common characters from the base game, so that if people start a fresh campaign it will be a little more interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopCatUK View Post
I have finished the game but still have 1 golden key left ?????

The only place that is still black on the map is the bottom right, and I cant work out how to open up that part of the map, I have finished all missions and opened and completed all blue key missions.

someone please help.

Also is there anymore maps like in tatical warrior, or is it only the one map ???
Yeah, there is an extra golden key. It will be used in the expansion, but for now it is just there in case you get stuck on one of the last golden key battles.

Yes, just one large map.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:57 AM

Didn't get very far into this game, but it is kinda difficult - more than TW. Just curious do the 3 classes matter in terms of making the game less difficult? I choose the summoner. Should i have gone with the class with the powerful attacks?