★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Welcome to Nova Golf, the finest golfing game on the Mac! A followup to the award winning game GL Golf, Nova Golf is sure to keep you entertained and immersed for countless hours. Redesigned from the ground up, Nova Golf has everything both casual/hardcore gamers and frequent/weekend golfers could want.

Realistic ball physics - Everyone will enjoy the simple realism while avid golfers will be able to shape every shot and watch the ball react to all surfaces and lies
Stunning 3D graphics - Nova Golf adapts to each computer for the best image quality while always maintaining a smooth framerate
Unique courses - Locations from around the world feature distinct styles of both play and appearance. You'll know if you're in the Pennsylvania forest, Arizona desert, or on the Scottish coastline
Customizable characters - Level up five playing statistics while managing each avatar's wardrobe and physical appearance
Career mode - Play as both an amateur and professional and progress by winning the required qualifiers and tournaments
Multiplayer - Challenge up to three of your friends and play at the same time
Purchase custom clubs and golf balls using both virtual currency earned in game and through In-App Purchase
High replay value - No hole is the same when varying the white/blue/green tees, five pin locations, and three environmental difficulty settings
Custom music made specifically for Nova Golf
Best rounds list for each course/difficulty setting

System Requirements: Mac OS 10.7+, CPU Speed - 2.2 GHz, Memory - 2GB+, Video Ram - 256MB+
Recommended Requirements: Mac OS 10.8+, CPU Speed - 2.5 GHz, Memory - 4GB+, Video Ram - 512MB+

Notice: The following integrated video chipsets are not supported - Intel GMA 950 and Intel GMA X3100. These are found in the Mac Mini(2006, 2007), iMac(2006), Macbook(2006, 2007, 2008), and Macbook Air(2008). The following video chipsets may require lower graphics setting and/or may run slower than anticipated in certain circumstances - ATI Radeon X1600, NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT, NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT. Experiment with the settings screen to find the best quality/speed balance for your individual system.

If you like Nova Golf, make sure to check out Nuclear Nova's other games, all available for the Mac/iPhone/iPad/iPod.
GL Golf, the predecessor to Nova Golf, is still actively developed and has over 35 unique courses! Thousands of golfers are posting scorecards online every day with this golf classic
Pinball Shuffle and Pinball Massacre are two unique comic book arcade style pinball tables
Barnyard Blaster is a unique shooter with plenty of weapons, animals, and environments
Rocket Golf gives golf a new twist with its unique 2D side scrolling gameplay
Liquid Defense, Hydrothermal, and Escape are our three classic puzzle/simulator games
Fractal 3D and ASCII Art are our first non-game apps

nuclearnova's comments:
Hey guys, I just released my ninth game on the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch, its called Nova Golf. It's a 3D golfing game and the successor to GL Golf

iTunes Link for the full version - http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/nova-golf/id503868206?mt=8
iTunes Link for the lite version - http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/nova-golf-lite/id503868317?mt=8

I'm starting out at $1.99 for a release sale, will go back to $4.99 like GL Golf soon

I'd love to hear some feedback, I've subscribed to this thread so I'll respond. I take user feedback serious and thats how I get half the ideas for my updates

Also available for the Mac, here is the link to the Mac App Storehttp://itunes.apple.com/us/app/nova-golf/id503866525?mt=12

Now for anyone who is still reading, here's a promo code, just please mention if you grab it so others don't waste time - 7ANX49EEPJE9 (Used)

Description - Welcome to Nova Golf, the finest golfing game on the Mac! A followup to the award winning game GL Golf, Nova Golf is sure to keep you entertained and immersed for countless hours. Redesigned from the ground up, Nova Golf has everything both casual/hardcore gamers and frequent/weekend golfers could want.

• Realistic ball physics – Everyone will enjoy the simple realism while avid golfers will be able to shape every shot and watch the ball react to all surfaces and lies
• Stunning 3D graphics – Nova Golf adapts to each computer for the best image quality while always maintaining a smooth framerate
• Unique courses – Locations from around the world feature distinct styles of both play and appearance. You’ll know if you’re in the Pennsylvania forest, Arizona desert, or on the Scottish coastline
• Customizable characters – Level up five playing statistics while managing each avatar’s wardrobe and physical appearance
• Career mode – Play as both an amateur and professional and progress by winning the required qualifiers and tournaments
• Purchase custom clubs and golf balls using both virtual currency earned in game and through In-App Purchase
• High replay value – No hole is the same when varying the white/blue/green tees, five pin locations, and three environmental difficulty settings
• Custom music made specifically for Nova Golf
• Best rounds list for each course/difficulty setting

05-22-2012, 08:30 PM
I took the code and will leave some feedback soon.
05-22-2012, 09:03 PM
Okay played about nine holes and I like it. If you have played some of the other games, you will have an idea of what to expect play and graphics wise.

I would suggest the lite version to those not familiar with the series.

Graphics are of an older style but there are shades of sharper graphics with the water and some spots in the environment. Play control is excellent, this is basically a three touch system to shoot done vertically. This game is pretty hard, especially the putting but then again I just started.

There is a minor create a character mode and you are able to level up your character with points earned. There is a practice mode and a career mode that is set as a tournament with other computer players. While you do not see these players, there scores show up on the board.

Possible improvements...

It is hard to tell the height of the ball, especially on drives. When the ball hits the sand there is no marking in the sand and the ball skips across it just like any other ground.

No local multiplayer?

I can't imagine how hard it is to make a real golf game, there is room for improvements but overall it plays well.

Not sure what the iap was for?
05-23-2012, 07:14 AM
Lite version now up! http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/nova-golf-lite/id503868317?mt=8

Game is definitely challenging, but leveling up the character and balls definitely helps.

Good idea on sand marks! Local multiplayer is going to be in the first update, we just didn't have time to add it to 1.0

IAP you can upgrade clubs and balls, plus buy experience. All of that can be done with in-game points too.

In general I'm glad you like it!
05-23-2012, 07:02 PM
Tried the lite version. Didn't appreciate the add banner placed right below where you need to tap. Good news is, the core gameplay is solid in an "old school golf game" sort of way. Bad news is pretty much everything else. A lot more polish is needed before I could recommend a purchase at even minimum price; $5 is extremely optimistic on the dev's part.