★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Owen Dennis
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 18.2 MB
  • Version: 1.1.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Featured in the Best New Games on the App Store and the top 20 arcade games!

Vectradius is a fast paced, tongue-in-cheek, circle based shooter! Tilt to swing your Vectradian ship around the edge of the circle while blasting Vectovillians back to the 1980s! Avoid your enemies as they cross the edge of the circle, while using bombs and lasers to get through goals, increase score multipliers, and get powerups. NO IN APP PURCHASES. This is an old school style game. Your skill is what takes you to the top of the leaderboards, not your money.

Play this game, perfect your score, and become the best pilot in the vectoverse!
04-12-2016, 04:17 PM
Will Not Play Games with Energy Systems
If anyone gets this please let me know if there are touch controls?

If not maybe I could email the dev to add them. Tap left to go counter clockwise. Tap right to go clock wise. Double tap for special bomb attack. And auto fire for lasers.

Billy

04-12-2016, 04:22 PM
Picked this up after reading the cover story. Noticed someone in the comments mention the tilt controls were the worst they'd seen.

Well, I wouldn't say they're "the worst", but without calibration settings (Tilt to Live and the more recent Don't Die, Mr. Robot! did it very well with auto calibration) I'm having a rough time.

You have to hold your device flat in order rotate around to the top. I tried holding the iPhone like I normally do for portrait games and it was fine until I needed to get to the top.

If some calibration settings were added, this would be a really fun, retro high-score shooter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordShad0wz View Post
If anyone gets this please let me know if there are touch controls?

If not maybe I could email the dev to add them. Tap left to go counter clockwise. Tap right to go clock wise. Double tap for special bomb attack. And auto fire for lasers.

Billy
I like the tap to move idea. But I think they built it around the tilt mechanic. Always room for options though! I'm sure there are plenty of folks who would welcome a touch control option.

Last edited by Anotherkellydown; 04-12-2016 at 04:27 PM.
04-12-2016, 04:38 PM
Looks cool.. I don't do tilt controls though.. Is there setting to switch to buttons?
04-12-2016, 04:48 PM
Please give us a slider left/right for an optional control method.
04-12-2016, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyClash View Post
Looks cool.. I don't do tilt controls though.. Is there setting to switch to buttons?
Nope. The only settings are sound and music volume.
04-12-2016, 05:33 PM
Well there's no harm in me emailing the dev. Atleast I'll try. Sometimes they are open to different control ideas. We will see what happens. I'll point them to this thread as well.

The game looks likes a lot of fun too.

Billy
04-12-2016, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Well there's no harm in me emailing the dev. Atleast I'll try. Sometimes they are open to different control ideas. We will see what happens. I'll point them to this thread as well.

Billy
Awesome!
04-12-2016, 06:10 PM
Quote:

Billy
Nice. I hope they can at least dial in the tilt. Auto calibrate is a necessity. DDMR has ultra good tilts. Bummer, I want to play this. Oh well.
04-12-2016, 11:30 PM
Email sent. I sent the link to this thread as well.

Billy