05-23-2012, 08:48 AM
There's just so much good to say about this title. And I'm sure many of us will say it, in forum posts and front page reviews. So for now, before I start leaking praise like a beer barrel shot through by so may ranger arrows, I will focus on the one thing that took me by surprise:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimka Entertainment
Defenders can also issue challenges in-game via email.
If this works the way I imagine it, it sounds like a terrific addition to the game. Gimka, is there any chance we'll eventually be able to issue these challenges via DC2/GameCenter as well, with accompanying push notifications?

Using mail has many advantages, but it also shuts us out of being able to challenge most of our GC friends, of which most of us don't know email adresses and have built up quite a list (in particular of TouchArcade pals).

Former editor in chief of teknikapan.se (due for an eventual relaunch)
Vocalist of Neverlast
Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/[insert arbitrary game network, online character or multiplayer account here]: Ayjona

Last edited by Ayjona; 05-23-2012 at 09:35 AM.
05-23-2012, 09:07 AM
Ayjona, hate to burst the bubble but that's just artifact hunting challenge. That was written by our PR agent

Sanuku, excellent video!
05-23-2012, 09:17 AM
I Want to see sanku's vid, but won't spoiler me anything.. ahhhhhhhhhh
05-23-2012, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimka View Post
Ayjona, hate to burst the bubble but that's just artifact hunting challenge. That was written by our PR agent
Ah. I was hoping it meant asynchronous challenges, Piyo Blocks 2-style ("Here's my score on this particular level. You play it, and the game tells us whoever achieved the highest score, possibly even saving wins and losses to a profile system").

Perhaps something to consider for a rainy day when there is nothing else left to code It allows a game to build a semi-competitive online community without ever implementing online multiplayer

Vocalist of Neverlast
Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/[insert arbitrary game network, online character or multiplayer account here]: Ayjona
05-23-2012, 11:10 AM
Between this insta buy and Autumn Dynasty, I'll be set for a while. Looking forward to US release.

Game Center: Diligence
05-23-2012, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSon View Post
Between this insta buy and Autumn Dynasty, I'll be set for a while. Looking forward to US release.
Since you seem to enjoy teh strategy, peek a sneak at Empire of the Eclipse tonight as well. 4X in an online environment, something I've been daydreaming about since I first pushed my first settler wagon across the pixelated fields in Civ 1.

But yeah, for one of the very few times ever (last time was Aquaria), I am jealous of iPad users and their new-fangled, shiny Autumn Dynasty. A dang good thing DC2 is not an iPad exclusive, otherwise not even Empire of the Eclipse would have been enough to console me tonight

Vocalist of Neverlast
05-23-2012, 02:13 PM
Tonight can't come fast enough!

Favorite app of all time - Dungeon Raid
05-23-2012, 02:21 PM
Great news. Instabuy. The first game was a classic.
05-23-2012, 02:41 PM
I'm rubbing my credit card on my screen. Why am I not playing this yet?