App description: UNIVERSAL ACCLAIM
Defender Chronicles series spins the defense genre in a new direction by implementing an innovative vertical view combined with RPG elements!
"Defender Chronicles II is a bit like Diablo III, where the early going is so easy that it's almost a formality." Quarter To Three, 5/5
"Whether you're coming at it fresh or looking for a blast from the past, it's hard not to fall for it freshor all over again." TouchArcade, 4.5/5
"This game is just a wonder to look at, I was left reminded of the art direction in Nintendo's excellent Fire Emblem games." DigitallyDownloaded, 4.5/5

FAN FAVORITES
Defender Chronicles II will challenge even the most veteran strategist while providing plenty of reasons to continue playing.
"After three years of waiting, I couldn't be happier with the results. Beautiful, well executed, and a ton of maps!" - delta rhino
"Simply brilliant! Guaranteed to keep you entertained for hours. Absolutely fantastic game with so much depth." - Josh Ling

STRONG REPLAYABILITY
With five different game modes and five difficulty levels available!
"Say goodbye to all your free time! This is digital crack!" - Sung Y Lim
"Like the first one, hours fly by like seconds!" - Super_Howard

A PERFECT SEQUEL
Defender Chronicles II updates the series and aims to provide rookies and fans alike with a refreshed and polished look.
"It's hard to imagine any Defender Chronicles fans being disappointed, and folks that are new to the series should be in for a treat." - Touch Arcade
"Stays true to its roots yet brings enough new mechanics and unlockables. Fully recommended!" - Archidias

NOW WITH 4 HEROES
Choose from four playable heroes, each with six distinct skills and eight unique abilities!
"Unlocked all four heroes, each with very different strengths and abilities hours of fun ahead!" - Jesper Winding
"Best RPG elements in any IOS game that I've played!" - Andrew Patel

LEAD THE BATTALION
With up to 24 different unit types for players to command and 50 unique enemies!
"This is a great sequel to a great game. I love the addition of two more heroes and all of the new units!" - Zagato05
"More items, double the heroes, more game modes, and more everything else. Thanks for an awesome game!" - Nate

ENHANCED GAMING EXPERIENCE
With all new graphics, comics, soundtracks, and voice-overs! Topple friends on the Game Center leaderboards and achievements!
"Love the detail and intricacy. A definitive must have!" - ppzi
"Better graphics, more humor in the story, more flexibility in gameplay Absolutely excellent!" - Pj Cornwall

NOTE: ACTUAL GAMING EXPERIENCE STARTS AFTER CASUAL DIFFICULTY!

Trailer @ tinyurl.com/bt8wsax
Forums @ defenderchronicles.com/forums
Tweet @ twitter.com/defchronicles
Follow @ facebook.com/defenderchronicles

killercow's comments:

Defender Chronicles series spins the defense genre in a new direction by implementing an innovative vertical view combined with RPG elements!

Defender Chronicles II brings players back to the fantastical land of Athelia in this sequel to the award-winning vertical defense game from 2009. Defenders will be tasked once again with defending the Empire from the merciless Orc Hordes, the supernatural Forsaken, and the shadowy Covenant cult.

Returning to the glorious days of epic battle, players will take on the role of one of four unique heroes, each with their own unique abilities, and combine forces with Empire troops to survive endless waves of enemies. Masterful tacticians will collect artifacts to assist them on their quest to uphold the land and guide troops to effectively defeat deadly hordes to restore peace to the land

• Enroll to Be a Hero: Players can choose from four playable heroes, each with six distinct skills and eight unique abilities, to garrison the Empire in a variety of ways. Both heroes from the previous Defender Chronicles, the General (warrior) and Melwen (mage), will make their return, alongside newcomers Lovell (archer), the Athelian princess, and Elwyn (priest), the previous king of Athelia.

• Lead the Battalion: With up to 24 different unit types for players to command, Athelia defenders will enlist recruits, upgrade their ranks, and employ their troops to defeat enemies.

• Be Adventurous: With five different game modes and five difficulty levels available, Defender Chronicles II will challenge even the most veteran strategist while providing plenty of reasons to continue playing.

• Get Digging Already: Players can search for and collect hundreds of new artifacts to assist them in unlocking new levels, upgrades, and other features!

• Enhanced Gaming Experience: With all new graphics, comics, soundtracks, and voice-overs, Defender Chronicles II updates the series and aims to provide rookies and fans alike with a refreshed and polished look.

• Start Socializing: Game Center support means players will have the chance to topple their friends on the leaderboards. Defenders can also issue challenges in-game via email.

• It’s Only the Beginning: Defender Chronicles II will include a massive amount of content at launch, but there are plans to add even more! Players can expect to see future updates, which will include additional unit types and quests.

05-23-2012, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayjona View Post
Since you seem to enjoy teh strategy, peek a sneak at Empire of the Eclipse tonight as well. 4X in an online environment, something I've been daydreaming about since I first pushed my first settler wagon across the pixelated fields in Civ 1.

But yeah, for one of the very few times ever (last time was Aquaria), I am jealous of iPad users and their new-fangled, shiny Autumn Dynasty. A dang good thing DC2 is not an iPad exclusive, otherwise not even Empire of the Eclipse would have been enough to console me tonight
Thanks for the suggestion Ayjona. One of my favorite iOS games is Starbase Orion and I can see some similarities so it's definitely worth looking at. I know how you feel about Aquaria too; its a dream to play. Autmun Dynasty looks like a winner for sure and a game I've had my eye on a while now. DCII I already know is going to be a game that will never be deleted, at least until DCIII comes out. An iOS gem with a ton of replayability.

Game Center: Diligence
05-23-2012, 03:07 PM
I read that the ipad version is coming out later on. Does anyone know if that will be an app update to universal or a new separate app? Thanks

05-23-2012, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jps1012 View Post
I read that the ipad version is coming out later on. Does anyone know if that will be an app update to universal or a new separate app? Thanks
Really? Doesn't the thread title say [Universal]? It could be a mistake...

Playing: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle
Waiting:Last Class Heroes, Chaos Rings 3, Starships
GameCenter: StriveMind
05-23-2012, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jps1012 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
Really? Doesn't the thread title say [Universal]? It could be a mistake...
This isn't universal

Game Center: Diligence
05-23-2012, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSon View Post
This isn't universal
I think I was wrong.
05-23-2012, 03:29 PM
It is Universal. I live in NZ and can see the iTunes page. It is for the iphone and ipad. The itunes page has the plus sign (for universal app) and iphone/ipad images.
05-23-2012, 03:43 PM
Quote:
I know how you feel about Aquaria too; its a dream to play.
You bastard. Make the wait for the iPhone version even harder, won't ya?

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion Ayjona. One of my favorite iOS games is Starbase Orion and I can see some similarities so it's definitely worth looking at. I know how you feel about Aquaria too; its a dream to play. Autmun Dynasty looks like a winner for sure and a game I've had my eye on a while now. DCII I already know is going to be a game that will never be deleted, at least until DCIII comes out. An iOS gem with a ton of replayability.
Yes, Starbase Orion is one of a kind on iOS, and easily one of the two-three games I'd take over any other iOS title. One thing that upped my interest in Empire of the Eclipse was seeing the devs suggesting playing Starbase Orion to make the wait for Empire more bearable

And, yeah... perhaps its a tad risky to assume so much about a game we've yet to play, but I just cannot imagine how DC2 could in any significant way be a disappointment, how it could not be just what I'm hoping it will be. Just more of DC1 would have made me happy enough, and while DC2 doesn't seem to make giant strides in innovativeness over the first title, it does seem to deliver A LOT more of DC1, polished in every way imaginable. Just like you, I suspect it will remain on my devices for years to come, and be yet another reason not to switch platform

Former editor in chief of teknikapan.se (due for an eventual relaunch)
Vocalist of Neverlast
Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/[insert arbitrary game network, online character or multiplayer account here]: Ayjona
05-23-2012, 03:49 PM
The game is indeed universal. It's no mistake or typo
05-23-2012, 04:17 PM
iCloud sync?

Will there be iCloud sync support between devices?
05-23-2012, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by se99jmk View Post
Will there be iCloud sync support between devices?
Not at launch, but there will be further along the 2-dimensional road.

Former editor in chief of teknikapan.se (due for an eventual relaunch)
Vocalist of Neverlast
Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/[insert arbitrary game network, online character or multiplayer account here]: Ayjona