Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-10-2012, 10:11 AM

Had a weird graphical/gameplay glitch this morning.

I was playing Heroic Freestyle, Razortooth with Melwyn...and one of those War Machines were working their way up from the bottom of the stage, and when I killed it...whatever was inside of it was just a fuzzy graphic, like flying bats, and floated down and to the left of the stage (versus the middle towards Melwyn)...and disappeared. I couldnt kill it...and it took 4 points off my gate as well.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:45 AM

At higher difficulties this game is turning out to be more grindy than strategy. Was trying heroic difficulty for "underfell", and the glowing red ninjas are apparently unkillable. In the academy it says their weakness is ranger, so I built 1 level 2 ranger and 1 level 3 ranger, all with maxed attack bonus (research "arrow" 3 times), barely did any damage. So then I tried 1 level 5 ranger with maxed attack which is all I can afford before they appear, still barely did any damage. Mages do no damage, wizards/archmages do no damage, spells like inferno and blizzard do no damage, warriors get killed by them within 1-2 seconds, and on top of all that they have the fastest running speed in the game. What exactly is their weakness then?? A level 10 ranger that doesn't exist?
Old 06-10-2012, 10:52 AM
iPad

I wouldn't trust the "advice" in the academy, much.
Old 06-10-2012, 11:14 AM

I know the glowing red ninjas are the boss version of the red ninjas, but their defense is way too high or HP is way too high. I've exhausted every single unit type already and they're still unkillable. The only thing left to do is grind melwen's archer commander skill up to 50, which, considering it takes 4 points for her to level it up once, is pure and painful grinding process. Right now I have it at 30 something.
Old 06-10-2012, 02:23 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citsade View Post
Had a weird graphical/gameplay glitch this morning.

I was playing Heroic Freestyle, Razortooth with Melwyn...and one of those War Machines were working their way up from the bottom of the stage, and when I killed it...whatever was inside of it was just a fuzzy graphic, like flying bats, and floated down and to the left of the stage (versus the middle towards Melwyn)...and disappeared. I couldnt kill it...and it took 4 points off my gate as well.
I've seen those, on freestyle, strange bat things flying the wrong way. But my rangers killed them so I didn't loose any gate defense.

War Machines are broken in freestyle, maybe?
Old 06-10-2012, 04:33 PM
iPhone 5s

well honestly f this f stonebreak at legendary, the fact that melven stupidly ignores enemies which are going for the gate makes this map just ridiculous. another point is of course razortooth, those two golems are just like a cheat. why having a map if some enemies take a quick route or something like that. i also tried with new special weapon but it's the same. toped all commander stats, sorcery of course and grinded for nice set of items. but still these maps are just too hard for melven. the first game has also very difficult maps but not like these. it's like the game is saying, there is basically one strategy possible and you need specific weapons and it is not really fun.

Last edited by eev; 06-10-2012 at 04:41 PM..
Old 06-10-2012, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by November's Chopin View Post
At higher difficulties this game is turning out to be more grindy than strategy. Was trying heroic difficulty for "underfell", and the glowing red ninjas are apparently unkillable. In the academy it says their weakness is ranger, so I built 1 level 2 ranger and 1 level 3 ranger, all with maxed attack bonus (research "arrow" 3 times), barely did any damage. So then I tried 1 level 5 ranger with maxed attack which is all I can afford before they appear, still barely did any damage. Mages do no damage, wizards/archmages do no damage, spells like inferno and blizzard do no damage, warriors get killed by them within 1-2 seconds, and on top of all that they have the fastest running speed in the game. What exactly is their weakness then?? A level 10 ranger that doesn't exist?
Generally speaking, if you're having trouble damaging something, you want to use a unit with slow attack/high damage, like wizards.

I just replayed Underfell on Heroic, and my wizards/Melwen destroyed the ninjas. Have you maxed out Mage Commander? I think it's only 1 point per level. I also recommend buying the best crown you can get for your reputation (crowns are a relatively cheap headpiece that add to all three commander stats).

Edit: You realize they heal, right? So maybe you're dealing damage, but just not enough to overcome their healing?
Old 06-10-2012, 04:37 PM

Quote:
I know the glowing red ninjas are the boss version of the red ninjas, but their defense is way too high or HP is way too high. I've exhausted every single unit type already and they're still unkillable. The only thing left to do is grind melwen's archer commander skill up to 50, which, considering it takes 4 points for her to level it up once, is pure and painful grinding process. Right now I have it at 30 something.
Don't do that! See my post above...

To be fair, my Mage Commander is actually at 70, but this must've worked when it was at 50. I have 0 points in Bow Commander.
Old 06-10-2012, 05:42 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
So then I tried 1 level 5 ranger with maxed attack which is all I can afford before they appear, still barely did any damage. Mages do no damage, wizards/archmages do no damage, spells like inferno and blizzard do no damage, warriors get killed by them within 1-2 seconds, and on top of all that they have the fastest running speed in the game.
Melwen's archers/rangers are pretty useless, I wouldn't waste the gold on them unless you have lots of little bats to kill. Don't build warriors, build squires and upgrade them to cavaliers (fast enough to stop the ninjas).

Quote:
I've exhausted every single unit type already and they're still unkillable. The only thing left to do is grind melwen's archer commander skill up to 50, which, considering it takes 4 points for her to level it up once, is pure and painful grinding process. Right now I have it at 30 something.
If you've got it at 30, and haven't maxed all your other skills, I suggest getting a Crystal of Forgetfulness from the Black Market and spending the points elsewhere. All the other skills are more use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterDrgn View Post
I just replayed Underfell on Heroic, and my wizards/Melwen destroyed the ninjas.
I've just beaten it for the first time on Heroic, and everything looked like it was damaging the ninjas, Lizardmen, Cavaliers, Melwen, and the White Wizard.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:42 PM
iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterDrgn View Post
Generally speaking, if you're having trouble damaging something, you want to use a unit with slow attack/high damage, like wizards.
Yeah. I don't understand, at all, why you would think that archers would be better. Obviously they are going to do less dps, due to the armor. The only advantage is that they can attack over a larger area, but how's that going to help if the target is constantly healing?