★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
06-21-2012, 06:56 PM
Is there a chance I need to play more lvls and lvl up more before I can 3 star a novice lvl for stone break? Almost seems impossible to 3 star novice on that lvl right from the getgo..

I just thought novice ment so easy it's to easy, I was wrong I'm not complaining I like the challenge I just don't see how anyone could 3 star that lvl just from beating the first few lvls. So I guess I comeback later then? And beat the other levels?
06-21-2012, 06:58 PM
I haven't played on Novice, I don't think you "need" to, but I definitely think it's easier to play through all of the levels even if you don't get "perfect" completions, and then go back to them later once you have more stuff unlocked and more levels.

06-21-2012, 07:08 PM
Ok will do that first thanks.
06-21-2012, 08:46 PM
The main strategy for most levels (1 or 2 levels exception) is to not build a ton of low level guilds, but rather build very few high level guilds. On novice you'll definitely have enough money to build at least 1-2 high level mage guilds, then make sure to put a high level square guild right beside them to trap the golem for the mages to shoot at it, otherwise the golem will walk right through the mage guilds taking little damage. All heroes except the archer will be able to significantly damage the golems.
These are the guilds that do any damage to boss golems:
- Maxed out cavalier (very expensive and not good choice)
- Lvl5 mage (tiny bit of damage but cheap)
- Maxed out knight (very expensive and not good choice)
- Champion: archmage
- Champion: captain
- Lvl 3+ dwarf
- Wizard (good choice)

The underhyped: JuBeat, Drawn: The Painted Tower, Beatrider, Phoenix Wright, Broken Sword, Cut the Rope, Paladog, Isotope, Crystal War, Scarlett

GameCenter: Chocopuff1

Last edited by November's Chopin; 06-21-2012 at 08:50 PM.
07-03-2012, 09:37 AM
I can never get order magic now?

I leveled up my Melwen without using order magic or saving a low level order magic item. Now that I want to level up my order magic I can't find an item that I can even use in the Elf Store... My reputation is too high...

Any ideas?
I'm not going to reset her...

[EPIC SIGNATURE] shumby [/EPIC SIGNATURE]
07-03-2012, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shumby View Post
I can never get order magic now?

I leveled up my Melwen without using order magic or saving a low level order magic item. Now that I want to level up my order magic I can't find an item that I can even use in the Elf Store... My reputation is too high...

Any ideas?
I'm not going to reset her...
I guess I'll just try grinding my lower reputation Elwyn until maybe he finds an order spell she can use. Was hoping there was a smarter way around this.

07-03-2012, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shumby View Post
I guess I'll just try grinding my lower reputation Elwyn until maybe he finds an order spell she can use. Was hoping there was a smarter way around this.
The champion Archmages spells count towards your order and chaos magic. I believe they have a blizzard spell that is order.
07-03-2012, 11:51 AM
I don't get what's the point of the black market I just unlocked it..
07-03-2012, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagerBombS View Post
The champion Archmages spells count towards your order and chaos magic. I believe they have a blizzard spell that is order.
They DO! Hey awesome!
I didn't realize other unit's spells counted towards this medal. Thank you for taking the time to help me out.

07-03-2012, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markku View Post
I don't get what's the point of the black market I just unlocked it..
Thats where you buy Crystals, namely. Otherwise it hasn't been a great resource for me.