Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-30-2012, 10:44 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

i dont understand why the freezing/gamecenter issue still hasnt been fixed! now my kids are encountering it. they love this game, but only get to play it away from home. no one wants to have to log out of gamecenter or go into airplane mode for one game....cmon.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:32 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by panama chief View Post
i dont understand why the freezing/gamecenter issue still hasnt been fixed! now my kids are encountering it. they love this game, but only get to play it away from home. no one wants to have to log out of gamecenter or go into airplane mode for one game....cmon.
This is the reason i gave less and less attention to this game.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:39 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
This is the reason i gave less and less attention to this game.
Folks, the developers have been trying everything they can to deal with this issue. It appears to be a more complicated issue than most of you would have thought of. According to Jeppe, they have carried out extensive testing on every device and have done quality assurance, and they are constantly improving the game. It would be really helpful if you can provide more details as to when and how those freezing occur so that they would have a better chance of fixing it.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:22 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Default Subway Surfers World Tour: New York City

I used to play Subway Surfers in NYC subway, now I can finally surf the NYC subway.

IMG_5765_0.jpg
I disagree.

The update is nice and it brings back a lot of good memories, but it is still lagging hard.

I remembered as I crossed the Manhattan Bridge, the phone received signal from cell towers and tried to establish as many connections as possible and caused crazy lags. Poor connection is an issue.

Now I am playing with wifi and it still lags. I need to upgrade my iPhone, now.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:52 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Great update! NYC baby! Breaks my heart that all these great themes are temporary! But all good things must be consumed with moderation I suppose. :P

Hit 600K without a problem. So far so good.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritzle View Post
Hey there Jeppe,

First of all, I absolutely love Subway Surfers! I've been playing it for only 10 days now (a pity I didn't discover it any quicker) and most-likely will for the foreseeable future lol.

My max score so far is 1.1M, I maxed out all powerups, am on mission 48, have unlocked 3 characters so far, no extra boards yet, and unlocked all of the trophies.

But as far as Game Center goes (I'm playing on the latest iOS release: 6.0.1, on an iPhone 5), it's ... well ... kind of a mess really.

I've done the stuff that certain achievements require over and over again under various circumstances, yet they don't unlock in Game Center.

"Highscore Chaser - Score 400k points" is stuck at 99%, and I've gotten way over 400k points.

"It's a Bird, it's a Plane - Pick up 5 jetpacks in 1 run" is stuck at 80% although the highest amount of jetpacks I've gotten in a single run was 8 - and I'm 100% sure about this, not only have I been counting every time, I sometimes had missions where I needed to get 4 jetpacks in 1 run and I got a few more during that same run after the mission was accomplished, comfortably putting me over the requirement of 5.

Same goes for "Attractive - Pick up 6 magnets in 1 run" where my best is 9 and stuck at 83%, "Puss in Boots - Pick up 6 super sneakers in 1 run" where my best is 7 and stuck at 83%, and "Double or Nothing - Pick up 6 double multipliers in 1 run" where my best is 9 and stuck at 83%.

I've done the requirements to unlock those like 20x by now, and still nothing unlocked. It didn't matter if I had Game Center running in the background or not, signed in before I started Subway Surfers, had only those 2 apps running, etc.

"Tricky Treasure - Get 30k score without collecting coins" is stuck at 99%, I've used the headstart 1000 boost which got me well over 30k without having collected any coins (and I purposely ran into trains so that I would really have a score of 30k without having collected any coins during that run).

"Alignment - Complete 2 missions in 1 run" I've done this at least 5x by now and it continues to be stuck at 50%; one time I even completed 3 missions in 1 run and still nothing.

"Allergic Reaction - Score 200k without using powerups" is stuck at 99% and I've had runs where I got up to 276k without collecting any powerup, not even a mystery box.

"Superior - Use 6 hoverboards without crashing in 1 run" my best is 14 hoverboards and stuck at 83%.

3 friends of mine have experienced similar issues with some of those achievements (there doesn't seem to be any logic as to what is causing the bug though, they have some of the ones I'm missing, and vice versa).

Someone recommended removing the app and installing it again, but I'm scared this would delete all my achievement data and highscores, etc.

I'd highly appreciate it if you could tell me what's going on, the game is still tons of fun to play, but the Game Center issues are like smudges that I've wiped off a dozen times now but are still there :/

Kind regards and keep up the good work
Just wanted to chime in to state that the same achievements are frozen with me as well. For months and three or so updates now. I'm at 2.3 mill and have all but given up on these GC achievements.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:46 AM
Developer
iPhone 5

Quote:
Hi! Sorry for your experience, rest assure that we are also very frustrated about the situation. It would help us tremendously, if you could write what device you have, iOS version, whether you use GC or Facebook and how many friends you approximately add to the game's highscore list. It's also important to know if you are playing on Wi-Fi or not.

We will continue to improve this, but are getting satisfying performance results when we do our own quality assurance. There's definitely a change once the update is live.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:40 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Hi Kiloo. I also have a problem with Game Center achievements. The following ones have been stuck for at least 3 months...
Alignment - Complete 2 missions in one run.
This one I've done a number of times - I tried completing three missions in one one but the achievement is still suck at 50%.

We got a Winner - Win a Mystery Box prize worth 5000 or more.
This one just won't unlock, I've been lucky enough to win 100K twice on mystery boxes and it hasn't unlocked.

We Come in Peace - Unlock Yutani
I bought a ton of mystery boxes for this guy and the achievement stopped at 23%.

I'm not sure why these achievements have frozen for me or if I can do anything about it.
If there is any possible solution please let me know!
Old 01-05-2013, 03:15 AM
Developer
iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LudoPantsman View Post
Hi Kiloo. I also have a problem with Game Center achievements. The following ones have been stuck for at least 3 months...
Alignment - Complete 2 missions in one run.
This one I've done a number of times - I tried completing three missions in one one but the achievement is still suck at 50%.

We got a Winner - Win a Mystery Box prize worth 5000 or more.
This one just won't unlock, I've been lucky enough to win 100K twice on mystery boxes and it hasn't unlocked.

We Come in Peace - Unlock Yutani
I bought a ton of mystery boxes for this guy and the achievement stopped at 23%.

I'm not sure why these achievements have frozen for me or if I can do anything about it.
If there is any possible solution please let me know!
I've asked the development team to go through all the achievements for the next update, so hopefully that should take care of the bugs. Thanks for reporting!
Old 01-05-2013, 09:32 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Is there any way you can keep these themes in the game and make them selectable?

It would be great.

If the goal is to avoid a large download size, maybe make them downloadable after the fact?

I really enjoyed the Christmas theme and it was gone too fast.