Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-25-2012, 04:59 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiddToKmart View Post
Wish I could try this now but at work. Can you switch on Airplane mode, close all background apps and try it out? Let us know if it's any better...
Tried that out yesterday to no avail. :/ Heck, Game Center still connected in Airplane mode. >_> I don't know what's going on...
Old 05-25-2012, 10:07 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I don't know what everyone is complaining about. I couldn't resist and got it. Downloaded on iPad2 (I also have iPhone 4 but haven't bothered trying it there) and it works pretty well. Admittedly I can see some framerate issues in the menus but as far as gameplay goes, I haven't had any problems. Played the one point match challenge up to level 25, finished all 6 parts of training, and had an exhibition match so far, no hiccups. However, I wouldn't recommend it for i4 and iPad1, iPad2 seems to be the minimum requirement.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:28 PM
iPad mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilkarma View Post
I don't know what everyone is complaining about.
With all due respect, you could just read my reply above. Several of us are experiencing these issues, which make them stand out all the more.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:32 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

The issues may not be apparent at first but try playing a long tournament and I guarantee you'll start experiencing them.

I don't like the AI in this game. It's like the opponent (on high difficulty) knows beforehand where you are going to hit. It's just stupid that the AI player will move to the side where you are going to hit, instead of waiting in the middle. You'll see this when the AI player is at the net. Maybe it's the same on consoles...I've only played Top Spin 4 before so can't compare to other Virtua Tennis titles.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:34 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I'm in the world tour. Just finished 3 tournaments and played 5 more exhibition matches. No issues. HOWEVER, online multiplayer is absolutely unplayable. On serve it lags so bad half the time it disconnects my game.

To those who are experiencing the issues, what device are you guys playing on? I have no doubt any phone will lag, but iPad2 for me seems to work fine (at least so far).
Old 05-27-2012, 01:57 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

i want to buy this game so much.. but with the price point and negative reviews, i just cant
Old 05-27-2012, 03:37 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Ignore the negative reviews. This game is awesome. Best tennis game ever! Smooth like butter gameplay and HD graphics. Must-buy!
Old 05-27-2012, 03:49 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by regkilla View Post
Ignore the negative reviews. This game is awesome. Best tennis game ever! Smooth like butter gameplay and HD graphics. Must-buy!
Ignore incredible-positive reviews like this! He doesn't know what he's talking about!
Old 05-27-2012, 04:24 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Ok honestly. I still haven't had any hiccups yet. I've moved up to rank 9 in the world in world tour. Won 6 tournaments thus far which is like...22 matches I think? It really doesn't lag like people are saying. Multiplayer is indeed unplayable for now, and the menu selection looks like it lags in the animation (not that it affects gameplay whatsoever). However, I play 3 game 3 set matches. I imagine if people are playing 7 game 5 set matches it might have issues as the match goes on. But really, are you going to play 45 minute long matches? If you're not, and you're running iPad2/3, then buy it.
Old 05-27-2012, 04:50 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Steering sucks... It doesnt see the difference between moving and swiping to choose the direction of our shot.