Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-10-2012, 06:22 PM
iPhone 4S

I'm playing on a 4S and running into no framerate issues. I'm number 1 on the rankings now. What's next?
Old 06-15-2012, 10:57 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Love this game but damn, there is some pretty clear cheating going on with the AI. Maybe I'm just frustrated. But was up 4-0, 3-0 in the second set against the number 1. Ended up losing the second set after also being up 4-0 in the tie breaker. Subsequently lost the third set in identical fashion after having multiple match points in both the second and third sets.

Not just that. In one play, I had him mid court. I smashed the ball to the left side of the court and had him completely out of play. Suddenly the camera zooms in and he's hitting a winner after being half a court out of play as the ball went by.

Then there's the completely unbelievable accuracy of the opposition. I must have hit the ball out of play at least twenty times during the game. And my opponent not a single error during the entire course of a game that went three sets and despite being down quite heavily.

Was at my ends wits which also probably contributed to the loss but sheesh. I'm playing the game to relax man. Can do without that kind of pressure sorry for the run by run breakdown of the play btw
Old 06-25-2012, 04:44 PM
iPhone 4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by splendidham View Post
Love this game but damn, there is some pretty clear cheating going on with the AI. Maybe I'm just frustrated. But was up 4-0, 3-0 in the second set against the number 1. Ended up losing the second set after also being up 4-0 in the tie breaker. Subsequently lost the third set in identical fashion after having multiple match points in both the second and third sets.

Not just that. In one play, I had him mid court. I smashed the ball to the left side of the court and had him completely out of play. Suddenly the camera zooms in and he's hitting a winner after being half a court out of play as the ball went by.

Then there's the completely unbelievable accuracy of the opposition. I must have hit the ball out of play at least twenty times during the game. And my opponent not a single error during the entire course of a game that went three sets and despite being down quite heavily.

Was at my ends wits which also probably contributed to the loss but sheesh. I'm playing the game to relax man. Can do without that kind of pressure sorry for the run by run breakdown of the play btw
I agree. I was up 5-2 in the final set against the world's #2 (I'm #1) and he wins the next consecutive 5 games. His shots were suddenly way more faster, my shots were bouncing much higher allowing him to run to them, and my character movement feels much stiffer and unresponsive than in the earlier games for some odd reason. I agree there is some serious unfairness with the computers AI when they are down in a game.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:42 PM
iPad, iOS 5.x

I have heard the AI cheats but as I got better I found I was able to take on all comers and beat No.1 yesterday after losing the 1st set. He won 5-3, then I won 4-1,5-3. Sometimes you get tired and don't perform as well. Nothing's rigged.

Also there isn't really hardly any lag it depends on which surrounding you're in. Some surroundings which have a lot more crowds and buildings have a bit of lag but not enough to not fully enjoy the game. I'm using new iPad.

Just became no.7

I find this tennis game hard to put down and it keeps making me want to pick it up and play again. I think though I sustained a real shoulder injury from all the swiping!! I've had pain in my right shoulder since I've been playing this for about 3 weeks.

I'll just tell the doctor I played a bit of tennis and sprained a shoulder muscle. Of course I'm not going to mention the iPad.

Last edited by worldcitizen1919; 06-26-2012 at 10:47 PM..
Old 07-03-2012, 08:14 AM

Are there mini games?
Old 07-08-2012, 12:46 AM
iPad

Default Game Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard500 View Post
I agree. I was up 5-2 in the final set against the world's #2 (I'm #1) and he wins the next consecutive 5 games. His shots were suddenly way more faster, my shots were bouncing much higher allowing him to run to them, and my character movement feels much stiffer and unresponsive than in the earlier games for some odd reason. I agree there is some serious unfairness with the computers AI when they are down in a game.
Have to agree with the above, there are some games it seems the AI will not allow you to win...also just now I noticed something odd. I just won the LA championship and won a 1000 points, but my points actually went down. I had 45343 points before and now I have 44990....
Old 07-08-2012, 01:17 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Looking for a good tennis game for my iphone. Question though it seems the iphone 4 is having trouble running it? Is it worth it to play on the iphone 4?
Old 07-08-2012, 01:49 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrage View Post
Looking for a good tennis game for my iphone. Question though it seems the iphone 4 is having trouble running it? Is it worth it to play on the iphone 4?
Initially I put up with it, but I just gave up. The framerate is just so god-awful...ended up deleting it. As far as I'm concerned, if your only option is an iPhone 4, don't bother.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:30 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrage View Post
I don't think so. I deleted it rather quickly. I recommend Cross Court Tennis for your device. See what you think, bud!
Old 08-03-2012, 10:21 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Have the issues been fixed for older devices? Curious cause it's on sale for 2.99