Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-24-2012, 08:27 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

I'll definitely be grabbing this one. Just curious though, how many levels total are there?
Old 05-24-2012, 08:30 AM
Banned
iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by smes3817 View Post
I'll definitely be grabbing this one. Just curious though, how many levels total are there?
12 levels in 4 worlds with more to come, and levels are big.

You have a hive each level, and levels are like planets (not that big, maybe an tiny asteroid ), that means circular, go around its surface, and you have to collect enough pollen from different sources and different ways before sunset while avoiding enemies, traps, etc...

ADD: Any tips for the wasps?
Old 05-24-2012, 10:16 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

This game is just beautiful. I hope it does well, because it really deserves to. Great presentation. Loads of control options. I really like the gameplay, too. Very well done.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:51 PM
Banned
iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C83 View Post
This game is just beautiful. I hope it does well, because it really deserves to. Great presentation. Loads of control options. I really like the gameplay, too. Very well done.
Agreed... one of the brightest games that has come out lately
Old 05-24-2012, 02:22 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

This game looks amazing. I'm guessing that my 4-yr old will really get a kick out of playing it also. 4-day weekend coming up so that will give us plenty of time to get our hands sticky playing this one.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:57 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default Bee Leader - Flightless / Developers

@BrEaKBEaT @Andy C83 @burn @TheFrost - thanks a lot for your comments!

It's New and Noteworthy in a few places today including the US and is the Editor's Choice for iPad on the NZ and Australian App Stores
Old 05-25-2012, 07:33 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Wow, we are totally humbled and blown away by this week's episode of the Touch Arcade Show - http://toucharcade.com/2012/05/25/th...brim-with-tnt/ with some awesome comments about our game and trailer for Bee Leader ~11m30s.

We're not sure what else to say but massive thanks to Brad, Eli and Jared - much appreciated!
Old 05-25-2012, 08:39 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

The kids and I are having a lot of fun with this one!

I originally picked it up just based on the fact that it was bright and had zero IAP! I like to support that idea when ever I can

Anyways, played it a little, figured it was a great idea but a little too hard to control. Well I loaded it on my son's iPod as well, and seen smiling away while playing it, I picked it up again an now I can't put it down!

Those third hives are tough!!!!!

(we found the touh anywhere pad to work the best with small movements and even little slide taps when needed, when we "dock" up to a flower just take your finger off the screen... Works for the first couple hives, but on the third ones you have to keep it moving so it doesn't work as well....

Anyways great game here!!! I really love bright games like this, it's hard to be in a bad mood while playing this one!
Old 05-25-2012, 08:45 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

@bacon-N-eggs thanks for playing and cheers for your comments about no-IAP

It's great that you tried the touch-anywhere controls - some people are finding the joystick on the phone a little sensitive. The touch controls are scaled right to the sides of the screen so are way more forgiving, especially for little kids+ipad. Some reviewers have missed this control by the looks of it, so we're glad you used it!

Last edited by flightless; 05-25-2012 at 08:46 PM.. Reason: title
Old 05-25-2012, 08:58 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightless View Post
@bacon-N-eggs thanks for playing and cheers for your comments about no-IAP

It's great that you tried the touch-anywhere controls - some people are finding the joystick on the phone a little sensitive. The touch controls are scaled right to the sides of the screen so are way more forgiving, especially for little kids+ipad. Some reviewers have missed this control by the looks of it, so we're glad you used it!
Lots of typos in my post, dang these touch screens!

We are using the touch anywhere "joystick/pad," we tried the touch anywhere and it didn't feel as good for us. Now reading your post it sounds like we can pick how much movement we want based on the area we touch. Thus near the center it will not pull as hard as the outer edge? Hummmm might have to give it another try.

Great job, it's really polished and a whole lot of fun. I do feel like we need goals, and maybe even hats/things to "buy" for our bee. Maybe we get honey points or something??? Then again that might take more away from the free flowing feeling you have created here? Just thinking out loud, jet pack joyride really changed the way "collecting" games like this function and have a ton of replayability.

Well done!