★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: create your own unique dragon and fight against the evil tribe!

---------------------------------------
This strategy-heavy auto-scroller looks poised to freshen up the genre! - 4/5 ifanzine.com

Dragon Evolution is an unusual game that is surprisingly addictive!- insidemobileapp

If you just feel like rampaging through a great looking environment and mindlessly crushing tribesmen with your head, then I cannot recommend this enough. - 9/10 app-score.com

Theres definitely some unique and creative thinking behind this bundle of fantastic graphics, action filled gameplay and drive for a high-score. -4/5 App Shack

"The integration of RPG elements makes the game stand out amongst the dozens and dozens of casual games" -capsulecomputer

You will be able to breathe fire, attack from the sky, spawn baby dragons, and more! -app advice

Dragon Evolution is a innovative auto runner with fantastic visual presentation, great swipe control mechanism and fresh game mechanics. We think this is a game that fans of the genre have looking for! 4/5 stars iReviewT.com

Trailer Youtube: http://youtu.be/Ws7H9xHH7pc

The evil tribal men are stealing dragon eggs for food! Can you help the dragon to fight the evil tribe?
Evolve into a powerful dragon in 9 years!

Discover cool skills!
Spawn baby dragons, Breath fire, smash building with tail, head bash, attack from underground and many more!

EVOLUTION: 8 elements to choose from!
SKILLS: 36 special skills to unlock!
WORLD: travel through 9 different world!
TRIBAL MEN: fight the evil warriors and arrow shooters, destroy castles, towers, totems and catapult!
DRAGON: create your own unique dragon! Each element affects the skills, stats and appearance of your dragon.
MISSIONS: complete 80+ missions to increase score multiplier!
GRAPHIC: stylish artwork and cool animation!

any feedback/suggestions please contact us at games@nobstudio.com

Dragon Evolution is a strategic action game / experimentation in biological advancement
Read more high quality user reviews at popugamer.com

Echoseven's comments:
Quote:
NZ Release info :

The Game is out in New Zealand. It should be out in US at about 11 PM EST and Europe at around 12 AM UK time. Size of the app is 13 MB.

Price in NZ is $2.59 which should translate to USD $1.99

Requirements : Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.Requires iOS 4.3 or later.

iPhone Screenshots
click to enlarge

create your own unique dragon and fight against the evil tribe!

This strategy-heavy auto-scroller looks poised to freshen up the genre! - ifanzine.com

Trailer Youtube: http://youtu.be/Ws7H9xHH7pc

The evil tribal men are stealing dragon eggs for food! Can you help the dragon to fight the evil tribe?
Evolve into a powerful dragon in 9 years!

★EVOLUTION: 8 elements to choose from!
★SKILLS: 36 special skills to unlock!

★WORLD: travel through 9 different world!

★TRIBAL MEN: fight the evil warriors and arrow shooters, destroy castles, towers, totems and catapult!
★DRAGON: create your own unique dragon! Each element affects the skills, stats and appearance of your dragon.
★MISSIONS: complete 80+ missions to increase score multiplier!
★GRAPHIC: stylish artwork and cool animation!

*note: the game crash bug will be fixed in next update coming within this week.

Quote:
NZ Release info :

The Game is out in New Zealand. It should be out in US at about 11 PM EST and Europe at around 12 AM UK time. Size of the app is 13 MB.

Price in NZ is $2.59 which should translate to USD $1.99
05-23-2012, 06:28 AM
Reverse Patapon?

05-23-2012, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmoonlightcafe View Post
Reverse Patapon?
As in, Patapon was really good, and this...isn't?
05-23-2012, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
As in, Patapon was really good, and this...isn't?
LOL!

Anyways, I always like art style like this, but there hasnt been an iOS game with this visual style that has taken my attention for more than a first impression.

I will download this as soon as it's available, and I will post impressions if I like it.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
05-23-2012, 07:25 AM
Someone already mentioned it, but this game really does look like the Patapon games (which would be amazing on the iOS) games for the PSP. Going off art style alone, it looks like a high quality title I might be checking out tonight.
05-23-2012, 07:59 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to mattll
its fun to play
( betatested it )
your playing a dragon and you can fly (holding both fingers) and do special attack (holding on finger) the normal attacks are done automatically as the walking is done
you got a power bar which will shrink if you lose hp but also if you use ur spell or fly
( basically a hybrid of mana and life points)
there are several monster and building types
after each level , a year ingame, you can upgrade you character with stuff like
fire, ice, or simply improve his head or other parts of the body
this will either increase you dmg on units/buildings your "hybrid" bar or give you different spells
its fun to play but you gotta be sure that you arent directly controlling the dragon

DISCLAIMER: things may have changed since the first build i played

Quote:
Wow! You are the Lionel Messi of the Touch Soccer world!!!
i tested 31 games
05-23-2012, 01:15 PM
thanks Echoseven for the link and infos!
Also thanks mattll for your review!

I have about 10 promo codes, do pm me if you are interested. It would be great if you can write a short review in this thread after trying out the game. Thanks in advance!

*Note: We have an update submitted last week, should be approved by this week. version 1.1: fix game freeze bug, UI issue on iPad and game balance.

NOB STUDIO
Wanna be my cellmate and breakout together?
Get Prison Life RPG on App Store for iPhone/iPad: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pris...961339405?mt=8

Prison Life RPG guide by MY PART TIME SPACE

http://www.nobstudio.com
iPhone iPad Flash Game Developer
05-23-2012, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Anyways, I always like art style like this, but there hasnt been an iOS game with this visual style that has taken my attention for more than a first impression.
Only game I have liked in this art style on the iOS was Rip Off, but interested in hearing more about this one.
05-24-2012, 08:58 AM
Thanks for the promo code.

Played the game a bit and like what I've seen so far. The mechanics take some getting used to. Flying and attacking is easy enough but sometimes seems strange when the dragon walks at first but after flying, it stops on the ground and doesn't resume walking. Also have to get used to the balance of attacking with powers / flying vs. using up your health.

Definately has promise!
05-24-2012, 02:42 PM
Some reviews for Dragon Evolution!

"A deep and refreshing take on the infinite auto-scroller, Dragon Evolution might just bring back some players who have long since tired of the genre." - 4/5 ifanzine
http://ifanzine.com/dragon-evolution-review/

"Dragon Evolution is fast becoming a favourite of mine. The game is taken almost jokingly but always has a slightly serious edge to it that requires focusing hard to maintain a key energy level. If you just feel like rampaging through a great looking environment and mindlessly crushing tribesmen with your head, then I cannot recommend this enough." - 9/10 app-score
http://app-score.com/dragon-evolution/

NOB STUDIO
Wanna be my cellmate and breakout together?
Get Prison Life RPG on App Store for iPhone/iPad: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pris...961339405?mt=8

Prison Life RPG guide by MY PART TIME SPACE

http://www.nobstudio.com
iPhone iPad Flash Game Developer