App description: Welcome to the world of Sky Gnomes! These little guys live high in the clouds and have only one passion in life: racing! Every day they're tinkering with their snow engines, building new parts and customizing others to go as fast as possible - falling straight down!

Take control of one of these speed-obsessed gnomes and enter into the dangerous Battle Cup! Challenge your friends or duel random players from all over the world in epic, turn based battles. Equip yourself with machine guns, rockets, bombs, harpoons, shields, armor, and other trinkets, and do whatever it takes to defeat your opponent! Climb your way up the leaderboard and become the next great Battle Cup Champion!

FEATURES:

- Easy to pick up and play with one hand
- Free fall from thousands of feet high!
- Challenge your friends in the turn based Battle Mode
- Tons of items: machine guns, rockets, bombs, harpoons, shields, armor, and more!
- Skill based ladder
- Unlock tournament mode, with daily tournaments, contests, trophies and prizes
- Transfer your profile to any device using your GameCenter account

Echoseven's comments:

05-23-2012, 07:15 AM
This is a free version?or the old version just turned free? Looks like the old one but never got it

05-23-2012, 07:21 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to mattll
Quote:
Originally Posted by mashead2000 View Post
This is a free version?or the old version just turned free? Looks like the old one but never got it
its a free version only with that mode included
this mode will also be an update to the full as far as i am concerned

Quote:
Wow! You are the Lionel Messi of the Touch Soccer world!!!
i tested 31 games
05-23-2012, 10:12 AM
Thanks for the thread! I would like to be clear that Sky Gnomes: Battles is a completely new, stand alone game. It IS included as a free, separate mode in the paid $.99 version as a convenience to those early adopters About the only thing that's the same is really just the actual racing mechanics.

But as far as the game itself goes, I'm using the term "Mario Kart battle mode meets Words with Friends" as a descriptor. This game focuses on turn based battles and challenges, using offensive and defensive items to get the win. Things like machine guns, rockets, harpoons which slingshot you ahead, shields, and tons more items. There's a lot of strategy in the battles, and we have a Starcraft II esque ladder system in place for skill based competition!

The other cool thing is that as you're fighting back and forth, you actually can affect the recorded runs of your opponent! There's a ton of interaction for being a turn based action game

Anyway, its free with minimal IAPs (basically new characters only), so we hope you'll give it a shot!
05-23-2012, 02:02 PM
Looks nice
Will defenitly try it out!!
05-23-2012, 04:35 PM
Just a quick trailer highlighting some of the key game-play in Sky Gnomes: Battles Could someone add this to the top post?

05-23-2012, 07:10 PM
Very nice! Thank you.

Statement: Star Wars has 2 characters with strange use of grammar: Yoda and HK-47. I pick HK-47 for it is meaner.

Honestly, I was never terribly good at games. - Finch (PoI S2E16)
05-23-2012, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the video impressions, even though that is actually just the old tournament mode The Battle Cup is what's new, if you swipe to the left
05-25-2012, 04:37 AM
its a pretty nice loading screen, wish I could say more about the game but the loading screen is the only thing I can see iphone 4 ios 5.0.1 restarted the app several times and closed all apps in the background