App description: Gent Mini is a remake/demake/sequel of "Gentlemen... Ricochet!", rethought completely as a simple one-button game. Play as the Gentleman himself and visit every pub in town to play some games of the ridiculously popular table game of Ricochet.

- Simple One-Button gameplay
- 72 brand-new levels
- modern 144p graphics
- 4 unbeliavable shades of green
- Boss Battles
- Awesome new chiptune soundtrack
- 3 Unlockable Mini-games
- 2P Local Battle Mode (on the same device)

BītseGames's comments:

Hey guys, we just released Gentlemen... Ricochet Mini! a demake/sequel/prequel of our previous game, Gentlemen... Ricochet! What started as a small joke game quickly became a bit bigger when we realized we could do something nice with it. It takes the gameplay of the original game and simplifies it to the point of being a one-touch game, where timing is all that mathers.

The games features Gameboy inspired visual (included the square-ish resolution) and a wonderful chiptune soundtrack inspired by the original game's jazzy tunes. Oh, did I mention Local Multiplayer, unlockable Mini-Games and Boss Battles?

Here's the trailer, hope you guys enjoy the game!

The game's also available on PC, Android and Ouya. The PC and Ouya versions can both be downloaded for FREE, if some of you unconvinced folk want to try the game. Check out the website below for the links.
Gentlemen... Ricochet Mini! - Official Website

If you guys enjoy the soundtrack, consider paying Antoine Vachon's bandcamp page a visit!
Get the Soundtrack on Bandcamp

Follow us on Twitter for news on our future projects! @BitseGames
12-07-2014, 01:45 PM
Simplified but size gone up a lot 😯

12-07-2014, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke12 View Post
Simplified but size gone up a lot ��
Yep, still not sure what's up with that, the game is below 40mb on every other platform, but something makes it massive on iOS. We'll have to figure this out, sorry about that.

EDIT: Turns out it's the music.

Last edited by BītseGames; 12-07-2014 at 03:18 PM.
12-07-2014, 02:00 PM
Yeah bit of a showstopper for me, with the minimalist retro graphics i thought the filesize would be tiny. Installed i presume its even more ?
12-07-2014, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Yeah bit of a showstopper for me, with the minimalist retro graphics i thought the filesize would be tiny. Installed i presume its even more ?
It stays about the same.
12-07-2014, 04:23 PM
Looks good. I'll wait and see if there will be a size reduction soon. I don't have the room.
12-07-2014, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke12 View Post
Simplified but size gone up a lot ��
I find this post funny coz simplification of a game's mechanics doesnt really equate to a bigger file size.

Tis good that BitseGames already posted here though, coz that means they are aware of this, and can lower the bit rate of the music they use or cut the loops or something like that to reduce the filesize.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
12-07-2014, 04:50 PM
Hey guys, we just sent the next update to apple, it'll reduce the game size to about 40mb (!!!) (that said, the poor music had to take a huge hit). The new update also include a "Catch" prompt on the first level, to make it less confusing and a better looking Battle Mode menu.
12-07-2014, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BītseGames View Post
Hey guys, we just sent the next update to apple, it'll reduce the game size to about 40mb (!!!) (that said, the poor music had to take a huge hit). The new update also include a "Catch" prompt on the first level, to make it less confusing and a better looking Battle Mode menu.
Great to hear about the file size. What did you have to do to the music?
12-07-2014, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOEN View Post
Great to hear about the file size. What did you have to do to the music?
We lowered the bitrate. It's fine for now, but we'll see if there is a better solution in the future, that music deserves to be heard at the highest quality possible