★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Dangerous $4.99 --> $1.99

05-24-2012, 10:43 AM
Dangerous $4.99 --> $1.99

Been contemplating this one for a while. But think this is the lowest price yet for it, so think I'll be grabbing it.
05-24-2012, 11:31 AM
It was on my wishlist for quite a while now. And I have to say I'm still hesitating because according to AppShopper the game has a weird price history – 5(!) price changes in one week (in march)? Come on devs, make up your mind

Favorites: The Quest Gold + expansions, Mission Europa Collectors Edition, Ascension, Jet Car Stunts 2, Junk Jack X, King of Dragon Pass, Kingturn series, Mecho Wars HD, Mini Dash, Mos Speedrun, Ravenmark, Sonic series, Fall of Angels, Highborn, Solomon’s Keep / Boneyard, pixel art games, remakes and ports of classic games.

05-24-2012, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunlock View Post
It was on my wishlist for quite a while now. And I have to say I'm still hesitating because according to AppShopper the game has a weird price history – 5(!) price changes in one week (in march)? Come on devs, make up your mind
One way or another, the price has never been this low. I bought this at release and have still not gotten around to playing it, but I am definitely looking forward to it when I have the time to invest and finish some similar games I'm playing. Had I known it would take me this long though I would have waited for a big sale like this
05-24-2012, 11:54 AM
The dev is on record (in the thread for this game on Touch Arcade) as experimenting with pricing regularly, for now, to try to find his best sales point. The game is a good one, and one I haven't regretting purchasing (bought it quite a while ago). It's nicely deep, has great music, and yes, a few glitches, but the dev is responsive and helpful and I'm pleased with my purchase.
05-24-2012, 12:13 PM
I have yet to buy this, though I have been following the main thread since the beginning. I downloaded the Lite and never finished the Tutorial which gets me concerned, the same thing will happen with this. I was disappointed the Tutorial did not autosave in the middle, so I didn't want to have to replay the Tutorial again. Though if I actually pay for it, there is a higher incentive for me to play through the Tutorial.

Yes. The soundtrack is by Sean Beeson who is a fantastic composer. I have been following him for many years and have always enjoyed his work. The soundtrack to Dangerous is available on iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/dangerous-original-game-soundtrack/id461036179

In any case, THANKS for the sale. I'm definitely thinking through this and leaning towards a purchase.
05-24-2012, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunlock View Post
Yeah, I had seen the price jumping around alot too. And had (still have) a lot of other games in my backlog so have held off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dclose View Post
The dev is on record (in the thread for this game on Touch Arcade) as experimenting with pricing regularly, for now, to try to find his best sales point. The game is a good one, and one I haven't regretting purchasing (bought it quite a while ago). It's nicely deep, has great music, and yes, a few glitches, but the dev is responsive and helpful and I'm pleased with my purchase.
One concern I had was the interface. I know there was some complaints early about it being too cluttered. Knowing how deep some of the PC sims that seem to have inspired this game, I was concerned about it being too complex for a tiny iPhone screen.

Are controls and the gameplay itself pretty workable?
05-25-2012, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
Yeah, I had seen the price jumping around a lot too. And had (still have) a lot of other games in my backlog so have held off.
FWIW, $1.99 is the lowest since it was released. I think it's worth it

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
One concern I had was the interface. I know there was some complaints early about it being too cluttered. Knowing how deep some of the PC sims that seem to have inspired this game, I was concerned about it being too complex for a tiny iPhone screen.

Are controls and the gameplay itself pretty workable?
I have only played it on the iPad, but the developer added a button to hide much of the interface when you don't need it, and he has some ideas to reduce the clutter further. There are also a few autopilot settings that take away the need to focus on the screen as much. I like having that option, it seems more tactical to me rather than just zooming around and button mashing, but you can apparently do the latter if that's your thing too!
05-25-2012, 07:30 PM
had to pick this up, even if i won't be playing it right away

Playlist
Brave Frontier - Dragon Blaze - Hearthstone - Sproggiwood - #YMBAB
05-27-2012, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSquared View Post
Yes. The soundtrack is by Sean Beeson who is a fantastic composer. I have been following him for many years and have always enjoyed his work. The soundtrack to Dangerous is available on iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/dangerous-original-game-soundtrack/id461036179
Thanks for the plug ! I am truly glad you liked the music. I think I have some more music coming into the game in a future update, although it may have already been updated. My internet here is too slow to update any of my iPad games. Gotta wait to get to my parents or inlaws! haha

Sean Beeson | Composer for Media
www.seanbeeson.com
05-31-2012, 04:53 PM
Forgot to mention. I DID finally buy this the other day. Got through the tutorial, but a mid-save would have been nice. I had to keep telling my family "I'm sorry, but I can't stop mid-way during this or I have to play it all over again." I did eventually finish the tutorial, but have not gone further than that. I fired it up last night, but was just reading the help docs from Ailina.