★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Zombie Ace $.99 --> Free

05-24-2012, 01:51 PM
Zombie Ace $.99 --> Free

Pretty fun Jetpack Joyride-style game with a zombie theme. Gameplay is actually deeper than JJ with tons of upgrades, missions and landing in cities to "infect" them with zombies you've picked up.

Recommended, but be aware that upgrades in the game are pretty steep so it's either major grinding or IAPs.

Regardless, it's fun enough to play even without having your plane heavily upgraded. There's a bunch of powerups you can get in other ways (scratch cards, flying behind vehicles).

One of the better distance games I've played in a while.
05-25-2012, 12:05 PM
Every word awp told you is true. One of the deepest thought through endless runners/flyers. Enough to do. Never thought that I ever would recommend a game with unclear IAPs (all I can say is that I played it for 30+ minutes and didn't miss any IAPs). Will pick it up again for sure.

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)

05-25-2012, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habakuk View Post
Every word awp told you is true. One of the deepest thought through endless runners/flyers. Enough to do. Never thought that I ever would recommend a game with unclear IAPs (all I can say is that I played it for 30+ minutes and didn't miss any IAPs). Will pick it up again for sure.
Agreed. It's damned addictive. Would have never even bothered with it if it didn't pique my interest by being the top-free game on AppShopper earlier this week. Wound up spending so much time playing it my first night, my hand fell asleep.

That being said, earning brains is way too slow. Not gonna sink money into IAP (no matter how good a game is), and progress slows to a crawl after a short while. Great game, but I'd rather pay a buck or two and be able to earn brains at a more steady pace.
05-25-2012, 02:19 PM
Agreed with everything said here. There is enough detail for jetpack-runner fans out there, and lots of great innovations to make it unique and stand out from the rest of the jetpack-runner crowd.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
05-25-2012, 02:21 PM
hothead? the same guys behind "swim stars"? yessirribob

that was fast though

Noise brings so many things, make my tingling skin freeze.
Follow a Panda bear and make Twitter a better place!
05-25-2012, 04:14 PM
Anybody remember how to start from a newly infected city. I recall the tutorial covering it early on, but I forgot. Isn't there a power-up that lets you start further along from a city you've fully infected?
05-25-2012, 11:21 PM
This is a damn shame... the game itself is frickin' fantastic (really takes the foundation that Jetpack Joyride lay down, and ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuns [like hell] with it), but the IAPs are just so... typically Hothead. LOT's of grinding (playing >_>) involved if you don't wanna buy IAPs.

EDIT: Played a whole bunch during the night and for the last couple of hours and that's it... I'm out. I just can't. While the game is so addictive and really is a joy to play, it's not rewarding in the slightest bit. Deleted.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

Last edited by metalcasket; 05-25-2012 at 11:51 PM.
05-26-2012, 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
This is a damn shame... the game itself is frickin' fantastic (really takes the foundation that Jetpack Joyride lay down, and ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuns [like hell] with it), but the IAPs are just so... typically Hothead. LOT's of grinding (playing >_>) involved if you don't wanna buy IAPs.

EDIT: Played a whole bunch during the night and for the last couple of hours and that's it... I'm out. I just can't. While the game is so addictive and really is a joy to play, it's not rewarding in the slightest bit. Deleted.
Do agree with your sentiments about the IAPs....particularly any upgrades requiring brains. I haven't done it yet, but see there's a way to get free brains (watching videos?).

It is ashame as I would rather have paid even something like $3 for the game if the upgrades were more easily obtainable.

That said, I still really like it ...more than Jetpack Joyride. And even find it fun without worrying about fully maxing everything. Just like the challenge of even getting to the next city to infect it.

Whether that begins to wear off and makes me more frustrated as I want to progress remains to be seen.

Great game, which really could be a classic if it weren't for the IAP issue. If I didn't enjoy it so much, I would have long ago deleted it as adamant as I can be against IAPs in general. Just too hooked (for now).

EDIT: For those of you upset about the brain IAPs/grinding, I just tried the video thing. You can watch the same video over and over again to get brains. Got like 12 in less than 5 minutes.

Last edited by awp69; 05-26-2012 at 12:31 AM.
05-26-2012, 04:22 AM
Great game! Thanks for the freebie! Btw, feels like a better game than JJ!

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
05-26-2012, 05:17 AM
this is the same developer that made that Kickin Momma game right?

Playing: Ski Safari, Polara, Girls Like Robots, Dynamite Jack, Monster Flip, Polymer, Super Mole Escape, Dream of Pixels, Radballs