★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
05-25-2012, 01:06 AM
#11
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 1,388
Its a free game, and it is pretty fun. So far there are four worlds with 16 levels each. As you collect coins you level up. As you level up you can unlock power ups and characters. The levels are set (not randomly generated), however the power ups are random so the gameplay can change and may effect where on the level you can go. Plus there are three gems to collect in each level, so you will want to keep replaying them and checking out the various paths. Each powerup has five levels - these include on that makes you bigger (and bigger, and bigger the more you level up that power up), gives you a fireball boost, turns your enemies into ice blocks, a magnet to attract coins. There are different types of stars, coins, enemies, features on each level.

Gamecenter Id: Mr. Grizzly II
05-25-2012, 01:16 AM
#12
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: The last time zone for iOS game releases :(
Posts: 1,762
Thank you Mr. Grizzly!

05-25-2012, 04:14 AM
#13
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 19,868
I've been waiting for this!

Mega Jump was fantastic on its own and that got me into the Mega Run when i heard about it. It had me at "run."

Definitely a must play for me.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
05-25-2012, 05:05 AM
#14
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 5,777
Not out yet in Spain, maybe tonight? I want this
05-25-2012, 09:08 AM
#15
Joined: May 2010
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 222
Nick Coombe here from Get Set Games. Glad you like Mega Run so far! It's been 18 months of hard work to get to this point Here's the scoop:

We did a soft-launch/public beta in Canada to make sure that the game was stable before the worldwide launch. We have uncovered a crash bug that has been popping up and we are working on getting that fixed before the worldwide launch on the 30th.

More info about Mega Run on our site

I'd love to know what you guys think so far - anything we can improve on? What do you think we got right?

Nick Coombe - Get Set Games
Storm Casters - Find rare Battle Cards to become a mighty Storm Caster!
Mega Jump 2 - Bigger. Better. Jumpier.
Mega Run - Redford is back for some epic platform action!
05-25-2012, 09:10 AM
#16
Game Impressions

05-25-2012, 11:02 AM
#17
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 19,868
Just cant wait for it to be released!!

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
05-25-2012, 11:27 AM
#18
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickfury View Post
Nick Coombe here from Get Set Games. Glad you like Mega Run so far! It's been 18 months of hard work to get to this point Here's the scoop:

We did a soft-launch/public beta in Canada to make sure that the game was stable before the worldwide launch. We have uncovered a crash bug that has been popping up and we are working on getting that fixed before the worldwide launch on the 30th.

More info about Mega Run on our site

I'd love to know what you guys think so far - anything we can improve on? What do you think we got right?
The game is a real masterpiece. But please consider implementing an endless mode in the future. This would make this game even more awesome.

Is there anyone who would also like to see an ENDLESS MODE?
05-25-2012, 12:12 PM
#19
Joined: May 2010
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamigo78 View Post
The game is a real masterpiece. But please consider implementing an endless mode in the future. This would make this game even more awesome.

Is there anyone who would also like to see an ENDLESS MODE?
Wow, thank you! Endless mode is definitely on our list of awesomeness because we agree with you - it would be a very cool addition. We're figuring out the best way to do it, so it might be a little while before it appears.

Nick Coombe - Get Set Games
Storm Casters - Find rare Battle Cards to become a mighty Storm Caster!
Mega Jump 2 - Bigger. Better. Jumpier.
Mega Run - Redford is back for some epic platform action!
05-25-2012, 12:34 PM
#20
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickfury View Post
Wow, thank you! Endless mode is definitely on our list of awesomeness because we agree with you - it would be a very cool addition. We're figuring out the best way to do it, so it might be a little while before it appears.
That sounds awesome. There is so much content right now, so we should be satisfied for some time until the endless mode may arrives.

Btw: The controls work very well too and I really like the level system.