Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-25-2012, 01:26 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Looks beautiful, been waiting for this!
Looking forward to playing it, and yes, endless mode would give this game a permanent place on my iPad, hope you get to add it soon!
Old 05-25-2012, 02:28 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

Stuff to impove: I noticed that when you are playing the game and inbetween levels, there is no way to get back to the main menu screen without shutting down the game and clearing it from memory, then restarting. A few times I just finished a level and wanted to check the achievements, but could not get to that screen from there. You can go to the store, but not to the extras area.
Old 05-25-2012, 02:57 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

Another thing to fix: i just got the third world unlocked, and both times I unlocked a world on my ipad 3, the game froze, and i had to remove it from multitasking to get past that screen of the game.
Old 05-26-2012, 12:07 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickfury View Post
Nick Coombe here from Get Set Games. Glad you like Mega Run so far! It's been 18 months of hard work to get to this point Here's the scoop:

We did a soft-launch/public beta in Canada to make sure that the game was stable before the worldwide launch. We have uncovered a crash bug that has been popping up and we are working on getting that fixed before the worldwide launch on the 30th.

More info about Mega Run on our site

I'd love to know what you guys think so far - anything we can improve on? What do you think we got right?
The 30th can't come soon enough! Mega Jump is one of the best supported runners on the app store; can't wait to get my paws on this one.
Old 05-26-2012, 01:15 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Gonna download this right now! I'll leave impressions as well; however, I see that Mr. Grizzly has done that pretty darn well.
Old 05-26-2012, 11:29 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Grizzly View Post
Its a free game, and it is pretty fun. So far there are four worlds with 16 levels each. As you collect coins you level up. As you level up you can unlock power ups and characters. The levels are set (not randomly generated), however the power ups are random so the gameplay can change and may effect where on the level you can go. Plus there are three gems to collect in each level, so you will want to keep replaying them and checking out the various paths. Each powerup has five levels - these include on that makes you bigger (and bigger, and bigger the more you level up that power up), gives you a fireball boost, turns your enemies into ice blocks, a magnet to attract coins. There are different types of stars, coins, enemies, features on each level.
So excited for this.
MJ is an awesome game, and I still play it.

Quote:
Glad you like Mega Run so far! It's been 18 months of hard work to get to this point
Nice work! I been following MR's fb page since it was created. :P
Old 05-28-2012, 10:38 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamigo78 View Post
Btw: The controls work very well too and I really like the level system.
Glad you like the controls - we spent a LOT of time tweaking them. There's a lot of room for improvisation for advanced players, for instance, if you tap and hold while bouncing off enemies, you can control the size of your jump off them,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sri Ram View Post
Looking forward to playing it, and yes, endless mode would give this game a permanent place on my iPad, hope you get to add it soon!
It might not be soon, since it'll take a while to implement and we have a bunch of upgrades and improvements to make to the game for the first couple of updates, but it is definitely on our list!

Quote:
Stuff to impove: I noticed that when you are playing the game and inbetween levels, there is no way to get back to the main menu screen without shutting down the game and clearing it from memory, then restarting. A few times I just finished a level and wanted to check the achievements, but could not get to that screen from there. You can go to the store, but not to the extras area.
We hear you - we are looking at a good way to put the Extras menu in more places, like the Pause menu and Stage Clear. What we have right now is not ideal.

Quote:
Another thing to fix: i just got the third world unlocked, and both times I unlocked a world on my ipad 3, the game froze, and i had to remove it from multitasking to get past that screen of the game.
We're working on some stability issues and we are submitting an emergency patch to Apple today that will hopefully clear up problems like this. It should be pretty rare on the iPad 3 though! When exactly did it freeze? Was it when the "New World Unlocked" message appeared, or when you tried to load World 3 from the World Select screen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by djflippy View Post
The 30th can't come soon enough! Mega Jump is one of the best supported runners on the app store; can't wait to get my paws on this one.
Awesome! We've got some great updates lined up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jxsgamer View Post
Nice work! I been following MR's fb page since it was created. :P
Thank you! We've loved the response so far from our MR followers on FB and we can't wait for people to finally get their hands on the game. Look out for the official trailer later today!

Thanks for all your responses!

As always, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the game so far for those who have played it. What's your take on the game? Can an auto-runner compete with traditional platformers? Have we hit the right balance to do that?
Old 05-28-2012, 10:51 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Menus are so laggy, I also that thee should be somethin like auto lock on enemies (so when you are near an enemy you touch the screen to jump then touch it again to stomp on enemies)
Old 05-28-2012, 02:55 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

On the ipad 3, the screen froze right after the message appeared that I had unlocked the next world. Once I restarted the game, I had no problems accessing the next world though.
Old 05-28-2012, 03:28 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickfury View Post
I'd love to know what you guys think so far - anything we can improve on? What do you think we got right?
Okay, first off I want to say that I really love this game. At first, I was a little doubtful. Mega Jump litterally changed my life when it came out, I became obsessed. The thing that made it so much fun was the fact that it was endless. So, I was expecting kinda the same thing from Mega Jump. However, once I started playing I realized that it was awesome. You've created something different then Mega Jump. To me, this game feels like a hybrid of Mega Jump/Angry Birds.

I have a few suggestions/comments:

~This regards the IAP system. It's good, and you can't really complain since this is a free game. I think it would be neat if you had a curency converter that changed coins to mega points, and mega points to coins. Obviously, you'd lose a little bit of value. I think this is important, because if you want to unlock different things you'd have to do TWO different IAP's. Also, it would be nice if you put in a .99 option.

~As many others said, endless mode would be awesome.

~The gameplay is really good, however there is minior crashing on Ipod Touch 4th gen.

This is really an awesome game, and I'm very excited for future updates. I've been a Get Set Games fan forever, and I always will be!

Last edited by KevinS; 05-28-2012 at 03:52 PM..