★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Free content for a Facebook "like".

05-25-2012, 10:18 AM
Free content for a Facebook "like".

Hi!

In Temple Run's IAp store they give you 250 coins for free if you like their facebook page. (Actually they just redirect you to their facebook page)

I would like to do something similiar for my app. The problem is that the user should be able to do this ONLY once. (Just like a non-consumable iap content)
I cannot save it in the app configs either, because the user can delete and redownload the app and the free content would up show again.

What's the best way to do this?
05-25-2012, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ologon View Post
Hi!

In Temple Run's IAp store they give you 250 coins for free if you like their facebook page. (Actually they just redirect you to their facebook page)

I would like to do something similiar for my app. The problem is that the user should be able to do this ONLY once. (Just like a non-consumable iap content)
I cannot save it in the app configs either, because the user can delete and redownload the app and the free content would up show again.

What's the best way to do this?
I think that you don't need to care about it. They only need to click and wait for the FB show up again then they can have the free content, am I right?

In fact, Temple Run is crazy success with this strategy..

Ell Tee
(aka. Antony)
05-26-2012, 08:35 AM
If the user delete it's app (and you don't use icloud) then tough luck, he will see your Facebook thingy again. Seriously, the user doesn't care, so why should you? Don't waste your time with little details like that won't improve your sales/game.

JC