★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Deadly Space 1.1: I'd Wait

08-11-2008, 09:00 PM
Administrator [Original Poster]
Deadly Space 1.1: I'd Wait

So we got Deadly Space

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=287605536&mt=8

Its a shooter scroller, but I'd wait on buying it. I'm not sure it's even worth doing a full review at the moment. No sound effects. The gameplay is a bit boring.

http://www.idstulsa.com/deadlyspace/

sound, music, and more ships coming in the next version. So may wait until that version to review it.

arn
08-11-2008, 09:44 PM
Arn, have you played it yet? The single review on iTunes leaves much to be desired.

Looks like it could be fun with the next release.
08-11-2008, 09:55 PM
ya. I played it. I didn't enjoy it.

No sound doesn't help. The accelerometer control is a bit jerky. Game was somewhat boring. Feels incomplete. Not worth the $3.99 yet.

arn
08-12-2008, 01:43 AM
I'm starting to get a little annoyed at the amount of woefully incomplete games going for $.99 or higher in the App Store. It's really not fair to the people trying to find fun games to play on the iPhone. On one hand it might be a good idea to review these games, give the low score (if deserved) to warn others, and hope the developers learn their lessons. On the other hand, it is giving them money, and if that's all they want, then it's rewarding them for bad behavior.

I just bought Bug Bounce for $2.99 and it is far from a complete game, nevermind a $2.99 game.

Deadly Space looks to joins Tilt Fighter and MetalAngel as very disappointing space shooters.

Matt
08-12-2008, 02:56 AM
totally, if a game is on the app store then it is fair game to review, unfinished or not...

a developer should not put out a half finished game and 'promise' the rest is in the update while charging...

if you reivew with a score they deserve, we will have less developers putting out games till they are done, and also help people from being 'scammed' into buying 'alphaware'.....
08-17-2008, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by renton View Post
totally, if a game is on the app store then it is fair game to review, unfinished or not...

a developer should not put out a half finished game and 'promise' the rest is in the update while charging...

if you reivew with a score they deserve, we will have less developers putting out games till they are done, and also help people from being 'scammed' into buying 'alphaware'.....
Sorry. didn't see this response til now. I agree that if a developer releases an unfinished app to the app store they "deserve" a review that reflects that.

The only problem from my perspective is there's no point in clogging up TouchArcade with negative reviews about apps that people would likely not have heard of anyway. In that you're not really "saving" many people and otherwise giving publicity to an app that otherwise might just fade away anyhow.

There are exceptions to this. Most $9.99 games I think are worth reviewing, since people are more likely to look for a review for more expensive games. Also, highly anticipated or highly publicized games from big studios should get reviews since lots of people will be looking at them.

arn