★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: iOS

10pts10pts
110000pts10pts

T.B.S

iPhone6iPhone6 Plus

iOS
SAMURAI

/

strivemind's comments:

*App description disabled since the Touch Arcade forums do not parse the Japanese characters.

WARNING: This App is in Japanese only.

- From what I can get off of Google Translate, this appears to be a port of the original arcade bullet-hell (danmaku) shmup "Castle of Shikigami".
- Currently only supports one-player, but they hint that 2-player may be available on the future.
- Currently no Game Center.

iOS Version
10-03-2014, 08:31 AM
This looks awsome!!!! I really need to buy an iTune card tomorrow, I don't have enough T-T

10-03-2014, 11:16 AM
Plays like a dream... this game was made for touchscreen! Silky smooth framerate on my iPad air, huge spectrum of difficulty levels if this is your first intro to bullet hell. Lovely "grazing" benefits - you become more powerful the more danger you put yourself in (stay close to enemy bullets to up your firepower and level up faster). Hopefully the rest of the Shikigami games will come to iOS in the absence of new CAVE releases, and $6 is cheap for this quality (they could easily charged a premium $14 and up like CAVE does). Wish I could adjust the screen-in-screen size, but the game still handles amazingly well.
10-03-2014, 11:28 AM
After watching the video, i simply could not resist and bought it. Hey, it's one of a very rare species on ios.

What you see on screenshot two is what you get! Yeah, real small on iphone5s. Though the upper black bar would be the camera lense, but still. The size isn't customizable as in Cave's shmups, unfortunately. (The video showed a screen option, not here) Definitely much better and easier played on an ipad.

You get five difficulties, 10-12 stages ??? (Where did i see that again?), six different shooting characters, unlimited continues (starting with 0 points of course), no level selection, installed size 224 MB and the most important fact: top-notch relative touch controls !

The menu is in english already, so there's hope for the rest to come, since one of the Devs simpler game became it lately. Would help to understand the scoring system (there is a button shot on/off). I'm not too far in (little time) and i'm positively overwhelmed with this most bizarre looking shmup i've ever seen on ios. While the background look pretty much HD, i'm not so conveinced about the rest of the characters.

Recommended, already ? Hmm...for fans with six $$$ left overs, yes.

Edit: sorry about the stages, 12 background tracks made me (wish)thinking that. Read post #5.
And thanks aGrace and Fuji for your find and hints.

Last edited by Qwertz555; 10-03-2014 at 12:50 PM.
10-03-2014, 11:37 AM
I found this about gameplay on http://shikigaminoshiro.wikia.com/wi...i_no_Shiro_III
after googling for Castle of Shikigami

The game plays much like its predecessors. As before, there are five levels each in two parts, with a boss at the end of each part. Before major bosses and between levels there are cutscenes with dialogue featuring the character(s) in play. The dialogue is unique for each different pair of characters selected, resulting in, according to the publisher, 55 different scenarios. Each character has a primary standard attack, which is generally forward-shooting bullets. This is activated by tapping the fire button or by pressing an auto-fire button on home consoles. The secondary attack is known as a Shikigami Attack, activated by holding the fire button, or pressing a dedicated button on consoles. This attack is often more powerful, but slows or stops the character completely. Each character's shikigami is unique and also comes in two variants that are chosen at the start of the game. Finally, characters have a limited supply of bombs, their effects also unique to each character. Coins are released by enemies destroyed using normal or shikigami attacks, but not by bomb attacks. Coins are now collected automatically, regardless of whether the primary or shikigami attack was used. When an enemy is destroyed using the players shikigami attack, the coin bonus increases by 10 points for every coin collected (up to 10000 points). The Tension Bonus System returns, whereby the player's weapons are strengthened and the score is multiplied by up to 8 when the player grazes enemy bullets. Also, the player can expend a bomb to allow for an automatic TBS for a short period of time. When Tension Bonus reaches x8, player's normal shots are fired at increased rate and inflict stronger damage. At the end of the stage, coin bonus collected when defeating an enemy with maximum Tension Bonus is added to player's score. Hi-Tension Max is introduced in this game, which causes the multiplier to stay at 8x, and causes enemies to drop 1.5 times the amount of coins when destroyed. High Tension Max is activated by using one of the player's bombs.

GameCenter : amusingGrace
Feel free to add me
10-03-2014, 12:52 PM
Available in Europe too!! Instabuy!!!
10-03-2014, 07:13 PM
Insta-buy. And it is freakin awesome to say the least.
10-03-2014, 07:31 PM
Game Impressions

10-03-2014, 08:47 PM
I think I have this on dreamcast it's pretty sweet. Nice to see an ios release but I will have to pass for now. I'm debating buying super smash bros tomorrow and my wallet keeps saying nooo!
10-03-2014, 11:33 PM
One problem, it's not in English! Il wait till translation appears.