★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Motoracer update is out

11-20-2008, 08:45 PM
Motoracer update is out

I like the new steering option; makes it easier for me to stay on the track. I don't like the new ad for Plank in the main menu...
11-20-2008, 08:49 PM
...not to rant but if I pay for an app I don't like seeing ads. If a developer wants to showcase a new app, make a menu option so you have to choose to see it.

maybe it's only me...

11-20-2008, 10:04 PM
How's the new control like? Is there a touch control option now?
I hate steering with accelero as I can't play it anywhere.

And yes, I agree with you re the ads. It's fine if it's free, not paid.
11-20-2008, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkei View Post
How's the new control like? Is there a touch control option now?
I hate steering with accelero as I can't play it anywhere.

And yes, I agree with you re the ads. It's fine if it's free, not paid.
There isn't a touch control option. The new steering setting is an off/on button with the default being on. It tightens up the turns so you don't ride so wildly around them (at least for me ).

I was hoping for a touch setting like in Pole Position where you move your finger left and right to turn. Works really well for me.

Thanks for the support on the ads. It appears quite a few developers visit this forum so the more we talk about what we like and dislike, the better the chance we will be happy to pay for their future output.
11-20-2008, 10:36 PM
Hopefully it's a sign of more updates to come. In particular Flick Bowling. I want the new update to come out soon with the real phyics on the pins.
11-21-2008, 01:39 AM
Finally. Gonna re-install this game into my ipod, see what happens...
11-21-2008, 03:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everydaynormalguy View Post
Finally. Gonna re-install this game into my ipod, see what happens...
Same here... But I wouldn't get my hopes up.
11-21-2008, 08:14 AM
I re-installed it to see if it was any better and so far I have to say that I can't tell any difference. I still find the accelerometer controls to be annoying and difficult to use (not just in this racer.) If they added touchscreen controls of some sort I'm sure I would like this game a lot more. As it is I get to the second race and after a few tries and lots of weaving back and forth and feeling out of control, I stop playing. Soon to be deleted again. Black Mamba Racer remains the only fun racing game I've played.
11-21-2008, 08:20 AM
Gotta be honest, I can't tell any difference either. However, I personally never had a problem with the control in the first place. It took a few races to get used to it when I first played it, but have been fine with it ever since.
I quite like the game. It just doesn't blow me away (and what the hell are all those cut-scenes about?)
11-21-2008, 10:54 AM
The new controls are really only helpful if you oversteer. If you already have fine control, you won't notice a difference.

As for the ads, they are only for our own games, and only on one screen. We want people to know we have other great games they will love.

I've made a lot of games. You've played them.