★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone 4S unlock?

06-20-2012, 04:32 PM
iPhone 4S unlock?

So I heard there was this "Gevey-SIM" card that unlocks the iPhone 4S on any firmware including the newest 5.1.1. Did anyone try this yet? How much does the card cost and is it bug-free? Never tried a hardware unlock yet, I've tried ultrasn0w for my 3G before and it worked perfectly. Oh and my 4S was bought in Canada (Rogers), so is this GSM or CDMA? I heard Gevey-Sim only works on GSM phones on GSM networks? I'm going out of country in a month or so and not sure what network they use so this could be a problem...
Oh and just checked iClarified, seems the software unlock for 4S, some method called "SAM" via Cydia, is blocked by Apple. =/

The underhyped: JuBeat, Drawn: The Painted Tower, Beatrider, Phoenix Wright, Broken Sword, Cut the Rope, Paladog, Isotope, Crystal War, Scarlett

GameCenter: Chocopuff1
07-22-2012, 07:43 AM
The iPhone 4S has a multifrecuency antenna so it has both GSM and CDMA. Just head to the gevey sim website, I think it cost $50-70, not sure.
02-13-2016, 04:56 AM
If you already have a another carrier sim which is not working to your locked phone, you just need to contact to your carrier provider for unlock your phone or you can unlock your phone by online unlocking services. unlock iPhone 6