Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Jailbreaking and Installer Apps

Old 05-30-2012, 01:47 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Forgot to mention this-but I also gave your songs a listen. You sound very talented.
Hey, thanks bro! That's greeeaat
Old 05-30-2012, 09:45 AM

Is there a mod that adds a real "save anywhere" to GTA3? Because I enjoy the game, but with the official saving options I am not going to get too far before quitting out of frustration. Whoever thought that it would be a good idea to release save-point game on mobile? Ditto Chinatown Wars.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:04 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isilel View Post
Is there a mod that adds a real "save anywhere" to GTA3? Because I enjoy the game, but with the official saving options I am not going to get too far before quitting out of frustration. Whoever thought that it would be a good idea to release save-point game on mobile? Ditto Chinatown Wars.
Since GTAIII Mobile is a 1:1 port from the PC version and there's no existing savepoint mod and all i do is importing PC mods into the mobile edition. So i don't see any way to realize that. Sorry.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:43 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirstydude View Post
Since GTAIII Mobile is a 1:1 port from the PC version and there's no existing savepoint mod and all i do is importing PC mods into the mobile edition. So i don't see any way to realize that. Sorry.
Nah, I've actually seen a few mods like that on sites like gta garage and the gta place. It's possible.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:11 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Nah, I've actually seen a few mods like that on sites like gta garage and the gta place. It's possible.
Really? Then i'll take a look at it when i have time. When there really are mods for that i'll make it happen, fix the tires of my pack and rerelease it even better.
Old 05-30-2012, 04:33 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Really? Then i'll take a look at it when i have time. When there really are mods for that i'll make it happen, fix the tires of my pack and rerelease it even better.
Sure dude pretty much anything is possible with mods. The only limitations are the game engine (big, as that thing is OLD) and the hardware (not big with a5+)
Old 05-31-2012, 06:22 AM

Quote:
You would be my hero! I always wanted to get into GTA games (tried Vice City on PC a long time ago, too), but I am a klutz and inability to save during a mission drives me up a wall.
I would never understand why Rockstar bothered to port the games on PC/iOS, yet didn't include save anywhere, which is an expected feature on these platforms.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:33 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
It contains all graphical enhancements from the iPad version, maps too but no custom cars and no AA. (replace the gta3.set and use all files from the iPad pack except gta3_pvr.img and gta3_pvr.dir BECAUSE i can't get custom cars to work with the A4 version...) You can try it but the standard cars will show up.
That's because the cars for the A4 devices and below are stored in a different location to the A5 and above devices (did you read my guide from page 12 on the main GTA3 Modding thread??).

iPhone4, iPhone3GS & iPad are stored in oldveh_pvr.img file...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ge0c31t View Post
Thanks KON3
used your iphone4 pack and looks awesome

I also noticed that you started this thread in the Jailbreaking/Installer Apps section... The beauty about this type of modding is that you DON'T NEED TO BE JAILBROKEN for you to delight in these mods...

Keep up the good work thirstydude... but we both know there is still alot more that can be done (where's the custom buildings?? )
Old 05-31-2012, 09:59 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by K0N3 View Post
That's because the cars for the A4 devices and below are stored in a different location to the A5 and above devices (did you read my guide from page 12 on the main GTA3 Modding thread??).

iPhone4, iPhone3GS & iPad are stored in oldveh_pvr.img file...

I also noticed that you started this thread in the Jailbreaking/Installer Apps section... The beauty about this type of modding is that you DON'T NEED TO BE JAILBROKEN for you to delight in these mods...

Keep up the good work thirstydude... but we both know there is still alot more that can be done (where's the custom buildings?? )
I will look further into the A4 Settings, i'll try out the savepoint mod tonight. Stay tuned in this post there's more to come!

(but the next few days im a bit busy so give me a little time )
Old 05-31-2012, 11:54 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Of my schedule stops getting in the way I'll see what I can do with the buildings. Aaargh.