Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Jailbreaking and Installer Apps

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 05-30-2012, 01:47 AM
thirstydude thirstydude is offline
Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Forgot to mention this-but I also gave your songs a listen. You sound very talented.
Hey, thanks bro! That's greeeaat
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-30-2012, 09:45 AM
Isilel Isilel is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 993
Default

Is there a mod that adds a real "save anywhere" to GTA3? Because I enjoy the game, but with the official saving options I am not going to get too far before quitting out of frustration. Whoever thought that it would be a good idea to release save-point game on mobile? Ditto Chinatown Wars.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-30-2012, 10:04 AM
thirstydude thirstydude is offline
Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isilel View Post
Is there a mod that adds a real "save anywhere" to GTA3? Because I enjoy the game, but with the official saving options I am not going to get too far before quitting out of frustration. Whoever thought that it would be a good idea to release save-point game on mobile? Ditto Chinatown Wars.
Since GTAIII Mobile is a 1:1 port from the PC version and there's no existing savepoint mod and all i do is importing PC mods into the mobile edition. So i don't see any way to realize that. Sorry.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-30-2012, 12:43 PM
JBRUU JBRUU is offline
Senior Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,534
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirstydude View Post
Since GTAIII Mobile is a 1:1 port from the PC version and there's no existing savepoint mod and all i do is importing PC mods into the mobile edition. So i don't see any way to realize that. Sorry.
Nah, I've actually seen a few mods like that on sites like gta garage and the gta place. It's possible.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-30-2012, 02:11 PM
thirstydude thirstydude is offline
Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Nah, I've actually seen a few mods like that on sites like gta garage and the gta place. It's possible.
Really? Then i'll take a look at it when i have time. When there really are mods for that i'll make it happen, fix the tires of my pack and rerelease it even better.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-30-2012, 04:33 PM
JBRUU JBRUU is offline
Senior Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,534
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirstydude View Post
Really? Then i'll take a look at it when i have time. When there really are mods for that i'll make it happen, fix the tires of my pack and rerelease it even better.
Sure dude pretty much anything is possible with mods. The only limitations are the game engine (big, as that thing is OLD) and the hardware (not big with a5+)
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-31-2012, 06:22 AM
Isilel Isilel is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 993
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirstydude View Post
Really? Then i'll take a look at it when i have time. When there really are mods for that i'll make it happen, fix the tires of my pack and rerelease it even better.
You would be my hero! I always wanted to get into GTA games (tried Vice City on PC a long time ago, too), but I am a klutz and inability to save during a mission drives me up a wall.
I would never understand why Rockstar bothered to port the games on PC/iOS, yet didn't include save anywhere, which is an expected feature on these platforms.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-31-2012, 07:33 AM
K0N3 K0N3 is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirstydude View Post
It contains all graphical enhancements from the iPad version, maps too but no custom cars and no AA. (replace the gta3.set and use all files from the iPad pack except gta3_pvr.img and gta3_pvr.dir BECAUSE i can't get custom cars to work with the A4 version...) You can try it but the standard cars will show up.
That's because the cars for the A4 devices and below are stored in a different location to the A5 and above devices (did you read my guide from page 12 on the main GTA3 Modding thread??).

iPhone4, iPhone3GS & iPad are stored in oldveh_pvr.img file...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ge0c31t View Post
Thanks KON3
used your iphone4 pack and looks awesome

I also noticed that you started this thread in the Jailbreaking/Installer Apps section... The beauty about this type of modding is that you DON'T NEED TO BE JAILBROKEN for you to delight in these mods...

Keep up the good work thirstydude... but we both know there is still alot more that can be done (where's the custom buildings?? )
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-31-2012, 09:59 AM
thirstydude thirstydude is offline
Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by K0N3 View Post
That's because the cars for the A4 devices and below are stored in a different location to the A5 and above devices (did you read my guide from page 12 on the main GTA3 Modding thread??).

iPhone4, iPhone3GS & iPad are stored in oldveh_pvr.img file...


I also noticed that you started this thread in the Jailbreaking/Installer Apps section... The beauty about this type of modding is that you DON'T NEED TO BE JAILBROKEN for you to delight in these mods...

Keep up the good work thirstydude... but we both know there is still alot more that can be done (where's the custom buildings?? )
I will look further into the A4 Settings, i'll try out the savepoint mod tonight. Stay tuned in this post there's more to come!

(but the next few days im a bit busy so give me a little time )
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-31-2012, 11:54 AM
JBRUU JBRUU is offline
Senior Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,534
Default

Of my schedule stops getting in the way I'll see what I can do with the buildings. Aaargh.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent