Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-28-2012, 12:04 PM

Default Gauge - Game - (by Game Atelier)[Universal]

Old 05-31-2012, 02:44 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Sleeper of the year so far. This game is ridiculously awesome folks. 9/10 from Edge:

http://www.edge-online.com/reviews/g...93-game-review
Old 05-31-2012, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1215 View Post
Sleeper of the year so far. This game is ridiculously awesome folks. 9/10 from Edge:

http://www.edge-online.com/reviews/g...93-game-review
I know what you are talking about. It seem like nobody wants to see this Gem and I don`t know why...
Old 05-31-2012, 11:15 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Diving in
Old 06-01-2012, 12:29 AM

Hello, dear, Toucharcadians... A long-time reader here, finally throwing myself into the discussion. I have been an ardent iOS proponent since the advent of the app store. While wonderfully innovative in a variety of aspects in gaming, as of late I've had increasing doubts, trends that seem less inclined to promote all the positives of ios gaming... Not to get too far off topic, but Gauge is a shining example, and startling reminder: that perhaps I shouldn't be too hasty in thinking about jumping the iOS-ship.

Certainly this game will have it's detractors ('all you do is tap/ I have no idea what's happening'), but for anyone with a taste for futuristic avant-garde
Old 06-01-2012, 12:35 AM

Hello, dear, Toucharcadians... A long-time reader here, finally throwing myself into the discussion. I have been an ardent iOS proponent since the advent of the app store. While wonderfully innovative in a variety of aspects in gaming, as of late I've had increasing doubts, trends that seem less inclined to promote all the positives of ios gaming... Not to get too far off topic, but Gauge is a shining example, and startling reminder: that perhaps I shouldn't be too hasty in thinking about jumping the iOS-ship.

Certainly this game will have it's detractors ('all you do is tap/ I have no idea what's happening'), but for anyone with a taste for futuristic avant-garde super-psychedelic music experiments, this IS IT. It's such a joy to discover this type of game, because for however simple it might be with regards to tapping mechanics, it is anything but: presentation, style, indie-gaming in pure iOS style. If I had to compare it to something, I'd site Steph Thirion's aesthetics, remixed by some new-fangled
Old 06-01-2012, 12:39 AM

Certainly this game will have it's detractors ('all you do is tap/ I have no idea what's happening'), but for anyone with a taste for futuristic avant-garde super-psychedelic music experiments, this IS IT. It's such a joy to discover this type of game, because for however simple it might be with regards to tapping mechanics, it is anything but: presentation, style, indie-gaming in pure iOS style. If I had to compare it to something, I'd site Steph Thirion's aesthetics, remixed by some new-fangled Llamasoft devotee. Seriously awesome, seizures are a possibility.
Anyway, nice to meet y'all! Nice to be part I the community, finally. Also, I am not, in anyway, associated with this game, just in case someone thought ill of my intentions.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:18 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

I gave the free version a shot. After a couple of minutes I found myself with just one question: why is this fun? I could not answer it. Fully open to anyone pointing out anything I might be missing.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:22 AM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

No idea why it's fun...but when I first tried the game last week..I played for half an hour straight trying to beat my score. But the "game" lost its appeal pretty quick for me.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:55 AM
iPhone 5s

Damn, this is a cool game.

It's also been out for a week; too bad it was lost in amongst the other releases.