★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

LAD - (by Black Chair Games)[Universal]

05-28-2012, 11:38 AM
#1
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 11,958
LAD - (by Black Chair Games)



LAD is a puzzle platformer, planned to be released soon for iPhone, iPad, Mac, Android and Kindle Fire.

Screenshots:










Homepage:

Last edited by Sanuku; 05-28-2012 at 12:51 PM.
05-28-2012, 11:57 AM
#2
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,244
Looks interesting. Just to clarify though, this is made with GameSalad, so it will not be Universal.

05-28-2012, 12:05 PM
#3
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Posts: 2,011
Looks so sad, but awesome as well.

PS: I'm surprised while knowing this is made by GameSalad, maybe Ill have to try this soon.

Ell Tee
(aka. Antony)
05-28-2012, 12:56 PM
#4
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 11,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Looks interesting. Just to clarify though, this is made with GameSalad, so it will not be Universal.
Sorry to say that but the Developer, excuse me my Words in this Case, must be an Idiot if he does use Game Salad to Port a Flash Game instead of Unity3D.

When even Adobe itself does work together with the Guys from Unity to make Flash Ports run smoother on iOS/Android Devices why the f*ck would someone choose Game Salad over Unity at any Case if he does have a Flash Game to Port.

Gosh...this is the biggest Mistake I have seen a Developer doing in the last few Months if it`s true.
05-28-2012, 12:57 PM
#5
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 529
Looks very intriguing!

Any release date information?

In the next month or two?

And the price. Does not look like a "freebie" app, but not too expensive. Looking forward to release!
05-28-2012, 01:07 PM
#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by antony.thai View Post
Looks so sad, but awesome as well.

PS: I'm surprised while knowing this is made by GameSalad, maybe Ill have to try this soon.
Thanks for your words, I'm hoping you meant sad as an emotion
05-28-2012, 01:13 PM
#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
Sorry to say that but the Developer, excuse me my Words in this Case, must be an Idiot if he does use Game Salad to Port a Flash Game instead of Unity3D.

When even Adobe itself does work together with the Guys from Unity to make Flash Ports run smoother on iOS/Android Devices why the f*ck would someone choose Game Salad over Unity at any Case if he does have a Flash Game to Port.

Gosh...this is the biggest Mistake I have seen a Developer doing in the last few Months if it`s true.
Hi Sanuku, It's the idiot here ...

1st off this is an original title and is not a flash port at all. If it was coming from a flash version I would agree with your sentiments.

Unity is a great engine but being a 2d game, is not needed. GameSalad have come on leaps and bounds over the last 6 months + and it is now a very powerful tool. As with most things, its the user and not the tool.
Yes its true there are a wave of terrible games from GameSalad but this is true to any engine, just GameSalad had a free version which the crappy developers would use and that meant gameSalad brandishing all over it.
GameSalad will have amazing performance soon, currently published games are wrapped in the LUA language but this is being dropped meaning that games will be compiled into native language ... This will give a 10x boost all round on performance.
05-28-2012, 01:15 PM
#8
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeletonlord View Post
Looks very intriguing!

Any release date information?

In the next month or two?

And the price. Does not look like a "freebie" app, but not too expensive. Looking forward to release!
Hi Skeletonlord.

Thanks for your kind words. There is no release date as of yet. I would expect maybe around 2 months. The levels are in the last leg, but I am keen to keep adding new elements to the game and going back through adding more polish.

Price hasn't been finalised yet, but I would think around the tier 1 pricing of 0.69.
05-28-2012, 04:01 PM
#9
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 2
Looks absolutely stunning! I am researching GameSalad recently and I can't imagine what you've done with it! I guess it's really the user, not the engine :P

Best of luck with the launch!
05-28-2012, 04:49 PM
#10
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 6,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackChairGames View Post
Hi Sanuku, It's the idiot here ...

Dear Sir,

thank you very much! You've just made my day.


Sinc.,
Vovin

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.