★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Proverbidioms - Screen Shots

05-28-2012, 11:38 AM
Free download

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/proverbidioms/id488571121?mt=8

Screen Shots

Current version is still a little buggy on the new iPad...

But all this has been fixed!!! New version (1.3) will run beautifully on the new iPad.

Being reviewed right now by Apple and should be released by the end of the week (June 1/2).

Have a try of this new game, all feedback much appreciated!

Free Download

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/proverbidioms/id488571121?mt=8

Last edited by Greenstone Games; 06-03-2012 at 11:50 PM. Reason: added new screen shot
05-29-2012, 04:09 AM
This looks great and I love the art. Will be giving this a try.

Edit after giving it a shot:
Fun game, the origin sections are most interesting to me. It must have taken a lot of effort compiling everything and I salute the amount creativity that went in drawing the illustrations.

One thing I would recommend perhaps, is to automatically open the correct proverb or idiom when a player clicks a picture he already solved? Currently it opens a "You found everything already" sort of message.

There's some formatting error for the origin bit of "Hit the Sack" by the way.

Last edited by kin; 05-29-2012 at 05:39 AM.
05-30-2012, 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kin View Post
This looks great and I love the art. Will be giving this a try.

Edit after giving it a shot:
Fun game, the origin sections are most interesting to me. It must have taken a lot of effort compiling everything and I salute the amount creativity that went in drawing the illustrations.

One thing I would recommend perhaps, is to automatically open the correct proverb or idiom when a player clicks a picture he already solved? Currently it opens a "You found everything already" sort of message.

There's some formatting error for the origin bit of "Hit the Sack" by the way.
Hi there, in regards to opening the correct answer when you click on ones that you have already found, this was too complex for the coders as many of the pictures represent more than one idiom/proverb (notice the window that sometimes pops up in top right-hand corner when you click on a picture, if this pops up it means there is more than one possibility).

For example in Proverbidioms 1, the man in blue pants with patches on them (near the doorway of the house) pointing to objects on the tray held by the lady, represents 'beggars can't be choosers' and he also represents 'when poverty knocks at the door, love flies out the window'.

I'll put the formatting error on the origin of 'hit the sack' on the list of things to be fixed for version 1.4, thanks for that. And if you find anything else I would be grateful to hear about it (and also if anyone reading this spots any mistakes).

There are two main ways to play the game. You can either scroll through the list and choose idioms/proverbs to find, or you can zoom into the painting and move around until you spot a picture that you think you can solve.

You can switch between play modes by clicking on the book in the bottom left-hand corner.

Did you notice the changing background sounds? Not sure if people have noticed, how for instance if you are near the lady playing the cello you can hear it faintly, or if you go up to the forest you can hear sounds of the forests...

There are actually hundreds of different sounds in Proverbidioms 1, but our sound engineer made them very subtle so they wouldn't be distracting.

Make sure you have a try of version 1.3 when it comes out (any day now), especially if you're using the new iPad...

Thanks for your support!
06-02-2012, 02:33 AM
Hey there, thanks for putting up that description for us on TA

I have a few questions I was wondering if you could help with...

How can we edit the description?

and

I've had some trouble with posting screen shots in my forum posts, last time I tried this I put the pictures on our server (host gator) and then copied and pasted the image URLs.

It worked for a few hours but then suddenly stopped working, do you know why?

I noticed when I copied and pasted the image URLs from our iTunes page it works fine (and doesn't stop working after a few hours).

Thanks!