★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "A really gorgeous game. The hand painted qualities of the characters and other game elements all blend into a beautifully seamless environment. The controls are some of the better tilt controls to be found on an iOS game right now, and the gameplay is superb." - 148Apps

"A masterful physics and action puzzler." - iFanzine

"Monstaaa! is a puzzler game with realistic physics, impressive graphics and challenging levels." - AppsOnTapp

"Gorgeous cartoon package of bright colours and beautifully drawn backgrounds and sprites." - Padvance

"Fun game with entertaining graphics and music, and a simple and effective control setup." - AppAdvice

"Anyone that owns an iOS device should consider picking up Monstaaa!" - Indie Games Channel

"The graphics of the game are brilliant and look very good on the Retina Display of the new iPad. The tilting mechanism is one of the better ones I have had the chance to play with." - GigaOM

--------------

Beautiful, original and fun. Experience physics puzzle game like no other!

Monstaaa is hungry, always hungry... He's lived his whole life in a cave and the only things he loves are his bugs. Or rather... he loves eating them!

Tilt your device to help Monstaaa and feed him some delicious bugs. Sounds easy? Well, it does until you realize his caves are full of wicked wickednesses and some truly dangerous dangers!

Highlights:
Innovative and fun gameplay mechanics
Incredibly simple controls
Heaps of truly unique levels and more coming soon... for free!
Beautiful painterly graphics
Lovable character
Realistic physics
Bone-collecting challenge
Fairy tale style audio
Game Center and Open Feint achievements and leaderboards
Support for sharing savegame across all iOS devices
Universal app - buy once, play on iPhone, iPod touch and iPad

Watch video trailer: http://youtu.be/4w_IBwhBxms

Want to share your experience with Monstaaa? Have suggestions for future updates? Let me know, I'd love to hear from anyone!
Maciej Sawitus - Monstaaa! developer (maciej@pixelelephant.com)

Like Monstaaa! on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/MonstaaaGame

Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/PixelElephant
05-29-2012, 02:28 AM
Launch Trailer

Maciej Sawitus
Developer of Monstaaa!
My Gamedev Blog Facebook Twitter

05-29-2012, 06:48 AM
Does anyone know how many levels are in this game? It looks pretty fun, but the levels look like they go pretty quick.
05-29-2012, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffernutter View Post
Does anyone know how many levels are in this game? It looks pretty fun, but the levels look like they go pretty quick.
Hi there!

The game gets released initially with 4 worlds, 16 levels each. Keep in mind that many levels, especially the ones in 2nd, 3rd or 4th world are more tricky and require more time to complete, not to mention completing them with 3 stars. So, I really doubt this is something you'd be complaining about if you tried the game.

And besides, I'm already working on more levels to be included for free with future game updates

Maciej Sawitus
Developer of Monstaaa!
05-31-2012, 08:23 PM
Game Impressions

I'm a sucker for great artwork, and this cute and quirky game caught my eye the moment I saw it! I was ready to buy solely on that, once I saw the trailer I had to have it. Played a few levels and they were fun, at first glance it seems to draw inspiration from games such as marble mazes and cut the rope, but adds quite a number of twists and turns to keep it spicy and challenging, plus the great art with an adorable character (better than Om Nom if you ask me. :P). Great sound too.

I'd love to customize that lovable monstaaa, maybe that can be an option on future updates? That would also be phenomenal on the Photo Booth feature as well!

On that note, one more thing: The "take a picture with monstaaa" feature could definitely use a Rotate function. A lot of my pictures are in portrait or happen to be in an inverted landscape mode so the faces turn up sideways and upside down respectively which is a shame.

Keep up the great work Maciej! Loving the game! It's a great, polished gem where you can truly see the love, and hard work that was put into it!

Last edited by Eoghann; 05-31-2012 at 08:32 PM.
06-01-2012, 05:10 AM
Hey Eoghann! It is great feeling to know people enjoy what you do Thanks a lot!! That is very motivating

And the credits for awesome artwork go to my friend artist Drew:
http://members.iinet.net.au/~drew1/

I'll try to look into camera issues before next update.

Cheers!

Maciej Sawitus
Developer of Monstaaa!
06-03-2012, 04:57 PM
Game Impressions

06-03-2012, 06:23 PM
Well my regards to Drew for such fine artwork!
This baby needs some publicity! People shouldn't miss out on this game!