★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Private Developers Forum

05-29-2012, 08:27 AM
#1
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 16
Private Developers Forum

I applied to be in this forum a month ago but it still hasn't been approved by a 'group leader'. How long is the normal waiting time??
05-29-2012, 08:41 AM
#2
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 55
Are we even sure those forums are still active?

Matthew

My iOS games: JiggleSaw
My Blog: JiggleSaw development

05-29-2012, 09:29 AM
#3
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Posts: 2,013
This is still active.

I think you should show something to prove that you're really a developer.

Ell Tee
(aka. Antony)
05-29-2012, 09:38 AM
#4
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerball View Post
I applied to be in this forum a month ago but it still hasn't been approved by a 'group leader'. How long is the normal waiting time??

Seems like it took me a few months to get in, I think it just depends on how busy the Mods are. That forum is fairy inactive though, I did it for the icon.
05-29-2012, 11:24 AM
#5
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Posts: 2,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Seems like it took me a few months to get in, I think it just depends on how busy the Mods are. That forum is fairy inactive though, I did it for the icon.
Oh, I only know it now that you're also a developer...

Yes, it seems the devs are not around here anymore.

Ell Tee
(aka. Antony)
05-29-2012, 04:06 PM
#6
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 194
Send a message via AIM to DrummerB Send a message via MSN to DrummerB
I applied like a year ago and still got no reply. I wonder if you get some kind of a message if the mods deny access to the dev forums.

Developer of Practice Pro for musicians.
05-29-2012, 06:47 PM
#7
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 55
I want my icon!!

I don't care if the forums are inactive.

I want my icon!!! lol

Matthew

My iOS games: JiggleSaw
My Blog: JiggleSaw development
05-30-2012, 12:58 AM
#8
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: California, USA
Posts: 2,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by antony.thai View Post
Oh, I only know it now that you're also a developer...

Yes, it seems the devs are not around here anymore.
There are plenty of devs here, but we/they usually hang out at other forums to discuss development...meaning that the Unity guys hang out at the Unity3D website, Game Salad-ers probably hang out there, etc. Plenty still participate in the general forums here at TA as well, of course.

Last time I checked, the private dev forum here was getting maybe one post per week. You're not missing much The public dev forum though is somewhat active, although conversations are usually more general.

Now about that icon...ya that's cool! I tried to get one for Dave but no reply. As I recall, Dave puts his own icon at the top of a lot of his posts anyways lol.

Edit:
I kinda wish I could change my user name. I wasn't a dev when I started posting here.
05-31-2012, 07:23 AM
#9
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Posts: 2,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by schplurg View Post
There are plenty of devs here, but we/they usually hang out at other forums to discuss development...meaning that the Unity guys hang out at the Unity3D website, Game Salad-ers probably hang out there, etc. Plenty still participate in the general forums here at TA as well, of course.

Last time I checked, the private dev forum here was getting maybe one post per week. You're not missing much The public dev forum though is somewhat active, although conversations are usually more general.

Now about that icon...ya that's cool! I tried to get one for Dave but no reply. As I recall, Dave puts his own icon at the top of a lot of his posts anyways lol.

Edit:
I kinda wish I could change my user name. I wasn't a dev when I started posting here.
Some forum allows special user to do that but I guess they've to ask the mod helping on that. I want to change my user name too.

Ell Tee
(aka. Antony)
05-31-2012, 07:44 AM
#10
I got mine in a few days. I think most likely if you don't prove or behave like a developer here you will just be ignored.

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
Tiny Toy Chest out now!
Free Version also available