★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Appily AB
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 18.5 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: #1 App on the savannah! Now FREE!

"This game is so fun to play" - App-Score

"4/5, a unique matching game with a different kind of pace and puzzle fans will enjoy it" - 148apps

Featured as Game of the Day at macworld.idg.se

---

"The best game ever! Too bad my iPhone won't work under water." -- Hippo

"Even more fun than throwing coconuts at tourists!" -- Monkey

"Beautiful colors! At least compared to my breakfast zebra." -- Lion

"Great gameplay! I just wish I could see the screen from up here." -- Giraffe

"I know what I'm talking about when I say this game will be HUGE!" -- Elephant

"So addictive! We will go extinct if no one starts dating again!" -- Rhino

"The music alone is worth every cent!" -- Chameleon

Discover the new addictive generation of puzzle games! Rainbow Friends takes classic concepts of puzzle gaming and turns them upside down. Combining new game features with unique graphics and catchy music Rainbow Friends is a modern and fun experience for puzzle gamers everywhere!

The savanna was a place where different animals only hung out with others of their kind, then happened social media. All animals got connected and realized that differences are good, multi-animal culture was something to strive for. Help the animals in their effort to create a better world!

GAME FEATURES
- Seven different animals: MONKEY, GIRAFFE, RHINO, HIPPO, ELEPHANT, LION and CHAMELEON.
- COMBINE game pieces of DIFFERENT COLORS.
- The trace feature makes the game EASY and FAST.
- Make long chains to get MULTIPLIER-POINTS!
- Make a CHAIN with ONE game piece OF EACH COLOR and make a RAINBOW FRIEND!
- SPECIAL GAME PIECES makes the game varied and adds TACTICAL ELEMENTS.

Visit us at www.mrdijon.com
Game On Mr. Dijon!

tobiasr's comments:

Link to: Game Website

We're gonna give out some promo codes on a first-come, first-served basis. PM me to get one! Out of codes

Price drop: Now $0.99!
05-29-2012, 02:07 PM
I'm up for a promo but have to admit, I really don't understand how the groups are formed. Do the animals all have to be unique, match in color. or what?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews

05-29-2012, 02:29 PM
Each animal has two other animals that it can connect to, based on the order of the rainbow colors. So for example yellow giraffe can be matched with the red monkey or the green rhino. The bar on the top of the board shows which colors that can be selected after the current one.

I hope that explanation is enough to get the basics!
05-29-2012, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sthlm_snake View Post
Each animal has two other animals that it can connect to, based on the order of the rainbow colors. So for example yellow giraffe can be matched with the red monkey or the green rhino. The bar on the top of the board shows which colors that can be selected after the current one.

I hope that explanation is enough to get the basics!
Oh. I saw that and thought it had something to do with the WHOLE group. Very original!

My iTunes Reviews
05-29-2012, 06:43 PM
PM sent. The gameplay video has me curious and impressed with what I'm seeing. Hope to try this out soon.
05-30-2012, 08:37 AM
Game Impressions

Azkend meets Golf Solitaire!

This game is a darn original fusion of puzzley concepts! ��Each animal represents a color in the rainbow and as such is considered linkable to only the color that comes before or after it in the traditional rainbow color ordering (no need to know this up front, the game will always show you the next linkable colors on the top of the board). ��The one exception to this rule is the mighty Rainbow Lion who acts a bit like a wildcard since any animal can link to him and in turn, he can link to any other animal. ��Using those previously stated rules you need to quickly make as long a chain as possible to not only score big points but add more time back on the clock. ��Once your time runs out the game ends. ��Oh, if you manage to make a chain that includes all six animals in it, you'll score a "Rainbow Friends" which is worth more points and will cause some sort of power-up to drop on the playfield!

4/5

EDIT: This was a copy and paste from my iPad, no clue where those silly symbols in front of each sentence came from.

My iTunes Reviews

Last edited by LordGek; 05-30-2012 at 08:39 AM.
05-30-2012, 10:26 AM
What a neat little take on match-3-type games! Here you're not matching 3 of a kind, you're making rainbows from colored animals. You match according to the rainbow spectrum, one before and one after each color on that spectrum. Fortunately there's a cheat box at the top that shows you what colors you can currently match based on the selected animal, for those who can't remember their rainbow color spectrum order.

There's only endless mode, so it's match the most, the fastest, to score the highest, then repeat to beat. Longer chains drop power-ups, and add time to the clock, so you want to take the time to do that too. It's not always about speed, though that certainly helps!

Would love to see an iPad version sometime too.
05-31-2012, 03:20 AM
We've got som questions regarding the rules of the game, so:

To make a "Rainbow Friends" you collect a chain with at least one piece from each color. The Rainbow Lion does not need to be in the chain.

The Chameleon is a shifty character that enters the board after you've played a while. He changes color each turn, has only one color and can be part of making a "Rainbow Friends".

The Multiplier in the left corner increases with one step each time the player makes a chain with six animals or longer. So making long chains after each other increases the score a lot since it increases the multiplier. When the player no longer can make a six-animal-chain-or-longer the multiplier reverts to its starting point.

Happy gaming!
05-31-2012, 11:11 PM
This game is a really challenging match-3, it's quite a headache to find a chain that is worked. I really like the way it's played, but after some times I find it a bit repetitive, especially when everything is blocked in desperation - like mostly in one color etc - and there's nothing I can do about it to make a long chain.

I have a suggestion, perhaps an addition of lion transformation (which make one animal turns into lion) so that we can always make a longer and longer chain one after another. Maybe we can gain it in once every three turns or something like that.

Ascension BeatHazard Carcassonne DungeonRaid ElderSign
GreedyBankers Helsing'sFire NimbleStrong PhoenixWright Poison TiltToLive
06-01-2012, 07:28 AM
There is a power-up that clears the board (the bomb) to make it easier to play, but a lion transformation power-up is a good idea.