★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The world's first virtual reality zombie game Video at Naquatic.com
With groundbreaking gyroscope controls, Affliction is not a simulation; it's a window. Step into this terrifyingly immersive world and arm yourself for survival. Fight off zombie hordes on your own, team up with a friend, or play co-op with online matchmaking. You've never touched a game like this before.

"Great fun" - AppAdvice
"A window into an undead nightmare" - IGN
"Can turn even the bravest soul into a quivering wreck" - Pocket Gamer
"Unlike any other game on the planet...wet yourself out of excitement, and again out of fear." - FreeAppsArcade
"Thick, haunting atmosphere" - 148Apps
"Really, really scary" - TapByte
"Wait until nightfall, stand in the center of a dark room with your iOS device in your hands and your headphones on, and see if the sounds of shuffling footsteps and hungry growls don't make you break out in a cold sweat." - Touch Arcade

Featuring:
Staggering graphics with Retina iPad support
Online co-op multiplayer
Virtual reality gameplay
Interactive 3D menus
Standard controls for non-gyro devices
Global online leaderboards

* Tons of new features and improvements coming soon! Keep emailing us your suggestions

Sanuku's comments:
Quote:
NZ Release info :

The Game is out in New Zealand. It should be out in US at about 11 PM EST and Europe at around 12 AM UK time. Size of the app is 48.2 MB.

Price in NZ is $1.29 which should translate to USD $0.99

Requirements:

Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation) and iPad.Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later.

Quote:
A first person, virtual reality zombie shooter. Step into this terrifyingly immersive world and arm yourself for survival. Fight off zombie hordes on your own, team up with a friend, or play co-op with online matchmaking.
Screenshots:

05-30-2012, 05:26 AM
Wow looks good and nice price!

Check out my new website for everything Vita!!
please follow me on TWITTER
Am i man? or a very manly muppet??

05-30-2012, 05:29 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to mattll
well the game is from the guys who did "touch ski 3d" one of my most played games on the earlier app store days
gonna take a look at it

Quote:
Wow! You are the Lionel Messi of the Touch Soccer world!!!
i tested 31 games
05-30-2012, 05:51 AM
Can't say I can really recommend this game... The gyro controls are so bad, because you have to turn the whole device to turn a 180 degree turn... Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but that's how it responds. Also, there's no joystick. But it has nice atmosphere though and the fact turning takes so long makes the game harder. Also, reloading has been made nice since it'll make things more hectic, but not too hectic.

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
05-30-2012, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
Can't say I can really recommend this game... The gyro controls are so bad, because you have to turn the whole device to turn a 180 degree turn... Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but that's how it responds. Also, there's no joystick. But it has nice atmosphere though and the fact turning takes so long makes the game harder. Also, reloading has been made nice since it'll make things more hectic, but not too hectic.
It's a VR game (so yes, the game world takes place in virtual 'reality').

What you mentioned is therefore a strength, not a flaw of the game.

I'm itching for another FPS game so would someone confirm if there's a gyro mode without the VR aspect?
05-30-2012, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunxsword View Post
It's a VR game (so yes, the game world takes place in virtual 'reality').

What you mentioned is therefore a strength, not a flaw of the game.

I'm itching for another FPS game so would someone confirm if there's a gyro mode without the VR aspect?
Oh that explains it. And no, I haven't found any 'options' buttons.
05-30-2012, 11:52 AM
Hey guys,

We wanted to make our own thread for the game so we can post updates and whatnot as things progress. I hope we're not violating the rules. A big 'thanks' to Sanuku. We're honored that you were inspired to start a thread about the game!

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=136501

Michael and Will
Naquatic - Guncrafter | MonsterCrafter | CivCrafter | CivMiner | Staying Together | Shooting Showdown | Soccer Showdown | Basketball Showdown | Hockey Showdown | Football Showdown | ACC Football Challenge | Touch Ski 3D | American Football | American Basketball | American Hockey | Solitaire Zen | Arena | Affliction | Corners

Last edited by Naquatic; 05-30-2012 at 01:03 PM.