Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-31-2012, 04:43 AM

Default Game Impressions

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 05-31-2012, 05:24 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Played halfway through the game today, adored every moment! Can't wait for 2/2

But does anyone know what the current policy is with apple reviews and promo codes? Anyone who got a promo code, are you able review?

I haven't been able to review games for about a week now..driving me bonkers!

The game is totally amazing,
If your a fan of physics puzzlers then this is a no brainer.
Even if your not a fan of puzzlers of any kind you'd probably still love this!
You don't need to heavily rely on logic to solve the puzzles. It's kind of a mixture of obvious strategy, trial and error and a small part of thinking.. Maybe in the last 2 worlds it'll be more based on logic but currently it feels like casual fun.. It's not easy though, but it's not really difficult either..it's a happy medium...
I have to redo quite a few levels to get 3 stars, and I got stuck on about 2 or 3 levels where I had to scratch my head and think a bit.. The cut scenes are extremely crisp and colorful and look very 3dish.
The attention to detail is one of the best things about the game!
the way the rainbow shakes, sparkles and flutters like a ribbon when a shape has crossed the line, and the way the eyes of the shape become hypnotic and mesmerized by the rainbow!
(reminds me of me! The other day I walked out of a shopping centre to see a HUGE semi circle rainbow in the sky..really vibrant...come to think of it..maybe it was a sign from above telling me to download this awesome game!)
I also especially love how the dinosaurs just chill out in the background of each level watching you and nomming on grass..really awesome little extra feature that wasn't required but makes the game so much sweeter.
It looks SO DAMN GOOD on iPad 2.. So I can't even begin to fantasize about how good it must look on iPad 3 retina display.. The words "jizz in my pants" comes to mind!
Reminds me alot of "cover orange"
The physics are similar, the graphics are similar, vibrant colors, casual puzzles..
But it's a very different gameplay mechanic compared to cover orange, (or any other game for that matter)
Have never played a game with this sort of gameplay..definitely one of a kind, unique and creative
I'm guessing the developer is a creative genius! I have SO much respect for developers who actually release unique original ideas and not just crappy clones! FDG entertainment is definitely a master in the innovation department!
Everything about this release is basically what an AppStore classic should be!
Unique, innovative, bur most importantly FUN and addictive. Top notch high polished graphics,
Lots of pretty colors, great soundtrack, decent file size, lots of levels, game center, achievements, etc
Couldnt be better. Honestly. The only thing I could possibly ask for is MOAR LEVELS! but that's sheerly out of greed. For 99c you are getting a bloody bargain of the century!

Gameplay consists of simply tapping on each shape to expand it by a reasonable amount.I think you can tap each shape around 5 times before they reach their capacity and there eyeballs bulge out! You have to figure out a way to get a shape level with the rainbow line..sometimes that'll consist of levels with moving objects, such as a car with spinning wheels which pushes a square up hill and then tapping the square to expand it once it's close enough the the rainbow,or more intense contraptions like trapdoors and levers and poisonous crystals jutting from the corner.
And that's really ALL there is to the game. So easy to learn..it literally is a "pick up and play" sort of game that I'm almost certain all age groups would enjoy.. From toddlers to grannies.. maybe even your cat will chase the pretty dinosaurs on the screen! It's good for everyone!

The game oozes awesomeness!if your still not convinced, download the lite version of "cover orange" , that should give you an idea of the quality standards of FDG and help you buy this game immediately!

Looking forward to more levels coming soon! I want to finish the rest of the game tonight, but then I'll be sad that its all over!

Last edited by Tannorexic; 05-31-2012 at 06:07 AM..
Old 05-31-2012, 07:03 AM

Wow, thank you @Tannorexic !
Old 05-31-2012, 10:14 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

I posted this to the HD thread, but since I own the non-HD version too, I'll just repeat...Well, allow me to channel my inner 60's child for a few...cough, cough...ahem...

This game is a gas! FDG aced the implementation of this trippy happening scene! It’s killer! And the graphics are cherry!

Imagine a bunch of hip flower children out trying to catch some rays but their mellow is being harshed by their height-challenged selves. Instead of eatin’ the grapes off the wallpaper and flipping their wigs, they look to you to set things straight. So grab your church key and hang loose while I clue you in to the solution.

Sometimes you need to lay a patch to boost the height of their woody wagon, sometimes you just need to hat up, other times you need to help the skirt or groovy cat pig out and become the big tuna, or maybe do a paper shaker move or two, whatever it takes to get them all hopped up on the psychedelic rays. Reach for the stars, man, or in this case the rainbow of love. It’s all copasetic! We’re down with that!

So what’s your bag, man? Go with the flow. Grab this game now! Otherwise it’s squaresville for you. Dig?
Old 05-31-2012, 10:15 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Wow. Awesome.

This game is simply awesome. I don't know who is enjoying it more; me (40 yrs old) or my 4 year old autistic son. This is just not a simple puzzler as it has so much depth to the story and the tutorial that it brings you in immensely; just ask my son! The gameplay is talked about plenty above, so I'm not going to elaborate as Tannorexic nailed it, but I will confirm that Tannorexic is dead on that this is almost a must buy if you are remotely a puzzler fan, or just like cute characters.

Oh..and on the ipad3..AMAZING graphics, framerate, etc.

Really? ONLY a measley $99? GET IT..like, NOW!! There is no way you will regret this (unless you don't get it of course).
Old 05-31-2012, 11:15 AM

This forum needs a "LIKE" button, love your feedback Thanks everyone! ^^
Old 05-31-2012, 01:56 PM

Absolutely stunning game. Well polished and you can tell the creator is really proud of his amazing job. Well done!!!!!
Old 06-01-2012, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakara214ever View Post
Absolutely stunning game. Well polished and you can tell the creator is really proud of his amazing job. Well done!!!!!
Thank you !!
Old 06-02-2012, 06:47 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

@future777 - yet another fantastic game by you and your team. Congratulations!
There seems to be an issue with the high score achievements. I've beaten them all but they are not unlocking.

Currently at the top of the leaderboard loving the top spot battle between me and spanier82!

Last edited by Back2funk; 06-02-2012 at 08:24 AM..
Old 06-03-2012, 11:53 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

My level achievements aren't being recognized by game center. For example, I have 991 on level 1-11, yet that achievement isn't getting recorded no matter how many times I repeat the level! The 3-stars for X levels, and other such achievements are getting recorded just fine. It's only the "beat this score" ones that the game is missing for me. Anyone else seeing this too?