★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Release ONE App with different Title (localized/translated) for different countries?

05-30-2012, 10:49 AM
Release ONE App with different Title (localized/translated) for different countries?

Hi everybody,

I was wondering whether it is possible to do the following:

Release one App with different Title (localized/translated) for different countries?

For example:

In German (and on the German Store) the App would be called "Schiffe versenken" and in English(UK and US Store) the exact same App would be called "Battleship".

(FYI: I am NOT developping a game like that, it's just an example!)

Thanks in advance for helping.

Cheers
Chris
05-30-2012, 11:40 AM
It's OK so far.

I did it once in last year with Twins Candy and a loc version with different name.

Antony

Ell Tee
(aka. Antony)
05-30-2012, 12:30 PM
Send a message via AIM to DrummerB Send a message via MSN to DrummerB
That's possible. But don't add a different app for each language. Submit one app, and create localized app store descriptions and names in iTunes Connect. Also don't forget to localize the app's name in XCode.

Developer of Practice Pro for musicians.
05-30-2012, 02:30 PM
Thank you very much DrummerB and antony.thai!
Cheers
Chris
05-31-2012, 03:40 AM
I wouldn't do this. You are losing a whole pile of SEO and other marketing benefits.

A universal global name for a product in English has to work best, especially if that product is part of the internet ecosystem.
05-31-2012, 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclectic View Post
I wouldn't do this. You are losing a whole pile of SEO and other marketing benefits.

A universal global name for a product in English has to work best, especially if that product is part of the internet ecosystem.
If you want to do more thing more effective in a special market, like Japan or China, I would say you should localize it.

Ell Tee
(aka. Antony)