Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 06-10-2012, 03:42 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by la.corinthians View Post
does anyone have any tips on how to beat the fungus level? i keep getting sooooooo close, but lose everytime
Playing fungus is... painful, to be honest. Fungi can't spread quickly at all, so you tend to find yourself being discovered too quickly to beat the cure. The fungus ability doesn't help much, either, since you can't really control where it goes.

The fungus level is the only one I always play passively in. Fungi are slow as molasses, so you can't risk being discovered before you at least have a foot-hold in every single country. Devolve any random mutations you get, besides coughing, which increases infectivity, and from what I've observed, doesn't get you caught. Just focus on upgrading Land/Water transmission to 2, adding a point into Cold for Greenland, Blood for Africa, and Drug Resistance for the developed countries.

Once you have those set, you basically sit on your hands and twiddle your thumbs for four years until you've infected every country. Then you can set the kill-switch to on, and get all the symptoms you like, as well as Genetic Hardening and Restructuring as needed. It's not that difficult to win as a Fungus, just boring. Oh, and if you haven't already infected everyone, be sure to pick up Necrosis to make sure it gets around.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:22 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

[url]http://www.youtube.com/user/GamersProductiona?feature=mhee[/url]

that guy is currently going through each virus and making a tutorial on them maybe could help u guys...
Old 06-10-2012, 07:07 PM
iPhone 3G, iOS 3.x

Default Thank you very much

I just followed this strategy and it worked like a charm. Yes it took a while but if Pandemic II taught me anything it's patience
Old 06-11-2012, 09:07 PM

Default Nano virus

Does anyone have any strategies on how to beat NANO VIRUS on BRUTAL??
I have been trying now for a couple days and just cannot beat it..
Old 06-12-2012, 01:42 AM

Just downloaded 1.2, and I noticed (happily) about future updates with zombies in brackets!

Do we really get to cause a Zombie Apocalypse???

(I hope so)
Old 06-12-2012, 01:43 AM

Just downloaded 1.2, and I noticed (happily) about future updates with zombies in brackets!

Do we really get to cause a Zombie Apocalypse???

(I hope so)
Old 06-12-2012, 06:22 PM

I just played bacteria/normal with a more aggressive "Second Wave" tactics. I started out with focus on transmission and mutation. Let the decease spread and become as nasty as possible, but save up DNA. Use no abilties to make the cure harder to find. Let the poor humans research. By the time there was a 100% cure I had 100% infected peple in the world, a semi-nasty decease and 100+ DNA to spend. I let the cure work until 50% was cured.

BANG, time for the Second Wave!

I went all-in on drug resistance, genetic hardening and DNA reshuffle. The cure dropped down to 70% and people got re-infected again giving a huge DNA boost. I almost managed to evolve all symptoms. Humanity died out at 95% of the cure. Point-wise this tactics is not the best, I got around 10000p, but if one could create a third wave as well, it may be possible to create the Perfect Plague with ALL transmission, symptoms and abilties maxed out!
Old 06-13-2012, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonJacobo View Post
I just played bacteria/normal with a more aggressive "Second Wave" tactics. I started out with focus on transmission and mutation. Let the decease spread and become as nasty as possible, but save up DNA. Use no abilties to make the cure harder to find. Let the poor humans research. By the time there was a 100% cure I had 100% infected peple in the world, a semi-nasty decease and 100+ DNA to spend. I let the cure work until 50% was cured.

BANG, time for the Second Wave!

I went all-in on drug resistance, genetic hardening and DNA reshuffle. The cure dropped down to 70% and people got re-infected again giving a huge DNA boost. I almost managed to evolve all symptoms. Humanity died out at 95% of the cure. Point-wise this tactics is not the best, I got around 10000p, but if one could create a third wave as well, it may be possible to create the Perfect Plague with ALL transmission, symptoms and abilties maxed out!
This is a cool tactic - I never thought about people playing it like this! Brilliant!
Old 06-13-2012, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ndemic Creations View Post
This is a cool tactic - I never thought about people playing it like this! Brilliant!
Thanks alot! The tactic has mutated :-) A Second Wave achievement and a Perfect Plague achievement would be really nice additions in a future update.

Thanks for a great game!
Old 06-13-2012, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonJacobo View Post
Thanks alot! The tactic has mutated :-) A Second Wave achievement and a Perfect Plague achievement would be really nice additions in a future update.

Thanks for a great game!
Good idea - added them to the list