Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-31-2012, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
There's a couple of things stopping it being really great, at first Ithought It was getting hard real quick but after playing a few games I've realised it's the camera view, it's just to close to be able to see anything coming and have time to react. This becomes more of a problem the bigger your zombie pack gets.
I second that. I would even go so far to say that if you have enough Zombie Followers you might End up with having the Full Screen from Left to Right with them and at that Point you can`t Control those at any Point when to time the Jump or not.

Did anyone yet had more then 20+ Zombie Followers? I really would like to hear some Feedback on that topic since the more I think about the current camera angle the more I believe that it is to close to the Action set.

@Mobigame

Any Feedback on that Topic? Did you Folks could show us some different current camera angle Settings?!

I guess the best would be if the Angle would zoom out/zoom in with the among of Zombie Followers while the current static angle seem to doesn`t do it purpose if you have a huge among of Zombie Followers.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:31 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 8.x

How can anyone resist that game icon!!
It's one of the funniest I've seen in awhile!!!
Been waiting for this game warts and all
Old 05-31-2012, 07:39 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
My stance on IAPs will probably never change (as I'm sure yours won't), but I'm really, really glad that it doesn't affect both my enjoyment and the general enjoyment of this game. Also, the game never even once tried to shove IAPs down my throat. Thank you for that, Mobigame.

I've never been the kind of guy to put hours into an endless runner, but I could very well see myself doing that with this. I don't know what it is, but it's so (stupidly ) fun and I'd honestly recommend it over nearly every single other runner out there right now.
While I will never "accept" IAP, not even as a necessary evil, I am capable of sorting the lesser evils from the greater, and this game falls very much into the "lesser" category. The key thing though, is that the core gameplay is so fun I'm more than content to just play it for playing's sake. Whatever I unlock is a bonus, not the driving reason for playing. I want to add I was pleasantly reassured when I discovered that upgrades once unlocked were permanent, which adds a sense of progression instead of a sense of someone attempting to slip a hand into your back pocket.

Regarding the camera and having less chance to react to upcoming platforms the bigger your posse gets, I got the sense that this was very much intentional and can't say I mind it. This doesn't strike me as a game intended for prolonged runs.

Last edited by Gabrien; 05-31-2012 at 07:41 AM..
Old 05-31-2012, 07:52 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

Yeah, I think the camera's fine...and much like how you have to slow down once a while in Canabalt (by deliberately tripping), you need to ditch a few zombies every now and then to be able to maintain control.

EDIT: Oh, the "leap of faith" issue I had earlier? No longer an issue. It's quite obviously intentional.

Last edited by metalcasket; 05-31-2012 at 07:54 AM..
Old 05-31-2012, 07:53 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

am i hearing mario coins in that video? the gameplay looks like a more fulfilling Grim Joggers(not a bad thing). that music is quirky enough for me to consider a buy.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
Where should I sent the Report too?

Besides that. Another possible Bug is that those intersection light doesn`t turn on each Time I jump against them?!

Is it supposed to only light up when the Mission with the intersection light is available?! This somehow would make sense but I`m unsure about it since I am pretty sure that those Lights did turn once on when I had that Task already finished.

Also why is the Intro Folder empty!? Does the current Build didn`t got the Intro Movie because it was simple not yet finished for the Launch?

Just asking since one of my points of criticism was the Lack of an Intro/Story Plot and it kinda doesn`t make sense to use the Default Directory Structure but let the Intro Folder still in the Build if there isn`t actually yet an Intro.
for the bug report, please drop me an email (david at mobigame dot net).

The lights are red only when a mission requires them. There is one mission where you have to light them up, and a different one where you have to avoid them.

Ahah you are inspecting the files, I hope we did not forgot something embarassing. For the intro I cannot comment this yet.

edit: I will step back to let you comment the game, we are excited to know what you think and how we can improve it. I prefer not to interfer, and I have a lot of work with the release. But I'll back soon or later to answer your questions if any. Thanks for playing!

Last edited by Mobigame; 05-31-2012 at 08:00 AM..
Old 05-31-2012, 08:12 AM

Camera Angle:

How it`s current:

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

How it could be:

As you all can see in the last Picture you have plenty of Room between the right Edge and the Zombie Horde while with the current Camera Angle (Build 1.0.0) you often have no Time to plan your next Steps if if have more then 15+ Zombie Follower and most of them die during your Run just because of that Reason.

Same as oooooomonkey I really would prefer if Mobigame would add a Second Camera Angle to the Game so I could at least choose between the current One and a similar to the last Picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobigame View Post
for the bug report, please drop me an email (david at mobigame dot net).

The lights are red only when a mission requires them. There is one mission where you have to light them up, and a different one where you have to avoid them.

Ahah you are inspecting the files, I hope we did not forgot something embarassing. For the intro I cannot comment this yet.

edit: I will step back to let you comment the game, we are excited to know what you think and how we can improve it. I prefer not to interfer, and I have a lot of work with the release. But I'll back soon or later to answer your questions if any. Thanks for playing!
It`s fine. Take the Time you Folks need to fix those last few Glitches that are still in the Game because otherwise I really like the Game as I had already said it before and for sure will raise my Rating as soon as the Intro Trailer will find it`s Way where it should have been from the Beginning...

About the Intro:

Since the Folder is itself there but empty my first guess would be that it wasn`t added to the current Build to keep the Filesize below 50 MB or that you are probably using the Trailer for some exclusive Promotion and might add it later to the Game...

Last edited by Sanuku; 05-31-2012 at 08:34 AM..
Old 05-31-2012, 09:44 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

That last screen shot would be a much better camera angle. Let's hope something can be done in a future update.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:00 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

I have to say, though I had no issue with the camera on an iPhone, on the iPad it really does look too much zoomed in. On an unrelated note, a game like this really should have iCloud support as starting from scratch on another device after you already made good progress is rather deflating.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:03 AM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

This is great. Very similar to Jetpack Joyride or Off the Leash, but the art style is terrific and I really find core mechanic fun (part of that may be because there's no lengthy starting area that's far too easy and feels like a chore to go through each time).

Re: the lack of "story plot", uh, nobody cares. Those are shoehorned into games like this because people complain if they're missing, but an endless runner doesn't need a story. It's a game where you run from left to right forever. That's it.

I'd love iCloud support too. As it stands, I won't be playing this game on my iPad at all even though I'd really like to.

Last edited by Ben!; 05-31-2012 at 11:22 AM..