★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: wurdle - massive 4-month update & overhaul complete!

05-22-2009, 09:42 AM
wurdle - massive 4-month update & overhaul complete!

Hey guys! Just in time for Wonderful Word Games week our giga-update to wurdle is complete!

- new user interface
- new user accounts system (record high scores from any phone!)
- global high scores reactivated
- touch words to view select definitions (more definitions are being added daily)
- view high scores via wurdle high score facebook plugin
- general stability & performance improvements

And here is a peek at the facebook profile box, part of our new high scores system:

Thanks!
05-22-2009, 09:43 AM
Just wondering, are you thinking of adding PC opponents? If it gets PC opponents with at least three difficulties I'll bite. I don't have an iPhone so Facebook Connect is worthless to me and it gets boring playing by myself

Don't check this site or private messages often.

05-22-2009, 09:45 AM
We totally understand, which is why we don't use Facebook Connect! As long as you set up a profile while you have wireless access SOMEwhere, and you continue to play on that user account, your phone will wait until you have connectivity again to securely upload all your scores to our own database, and then update our custom Facebook app accordingly Currently we do not have the option for AI opponents in versus mode, that never even occurred to us! We will definitely keep it in mind.
05-22-2009, 10:05 AM
Ah I see, all it does is upload scores, no games with other people on Facebook.

I'd probably skip it because it gets boring just making words by yourself (but don't feel alone, I haven't bought a word game since Word Fu came out) but would probably do if it had PC opponents.

Don't check this site or private messages often.
05-22-2009, 10:06 AM
Hey Adam,

I'm so glad you put the grid of letters at the bottom of the screen. That was the one change I really wanted in Wurdle!

It will be much easier to play that way. Don't be surprised if you see people's high scores take a leap upward...

Share and enjoy,

Christopher York
Blue Ox Technologies Ltd.
05-22-2009, 10:24 AM
A change I was hoping for was score tables.

Right now to find a score I have to set up the game say 5x5 2:00 then go to Settings and then look at scores. Redo per configuration.
I was hoping for a Score page alone where I could see all the config scores. So maybe at the top I could dial in 5x5 then the time and the scores slide into view.

Oh and some way to shuffle without shaking would have been nice.

It's a game I come back to though
05-22-2009, 10:29 AM
We have integrated the global high scores directly into the settings screen with easy settings widgets to swap times, grid sizes, and scores versus longest words! The whole settings screen has been overhauled to require less clicks and fewer menu page swaps
05-22-2009, 10:33 AM
We have also made the 'triple-tap to shuffle' feature more obvious
05-22-2009, 10:34 AM
Global settings - but if my scores are not good enough to be in there then the only way I can find my scores is
Set Play Time
Set Grid Size
then Local High Scores.

I like the Global screen but I'd like that for local too - to display players on that device and for just a single player on the device.

And on the Global screen - what occupies that space after the promo?
05-22-2009, 10:38 AM
Noted, and I completely agree! That block will be stripped out after the promo from our end