★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Sky Gnomes has just gone free.

06-02-2012, 02:09 PM
Sky Gnomes has just gone free.

Don't know how yet nor have the interest at the moment to learn how to post a clickable iTunes link, so just search for it. Appshopper isn't always completely up to date, I rely on another sales app just in case.

Oh yeah, it's by the same folks who made (or published the Bug Heroes games, which IMO are awesome.

Last edited by Greyskull; 06-02-2012 at 02:41 PM. Reason: forgot a word
06-02-2012, 02:13 PM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
Nice little freebie. Downloading now. Thanks FreeAppADay!

06-02-2012, 02:25 PM
06-02-2012, 02:30 PM
Not showing sky gnomes free in the US, but am showing Sky Gnome Battles free, which is kind of a lite/multiplayer version of the full game.

But maybe the full version of Sky Gnomes will go free tomorrow for us, who knows.

Kind of sad though, I bought this game when it first came out about a month and a half ago. Nowadays, it seems like many developers kind of screw it to early adopters by either charging a high price and going down fast, or by selling it and going free in a month or two after they don't get enough sales.

I really like the companies like cave or chillingo that give us fanatical early adopters an earlybird sale, we are afterall the first ones to post good reviews and sales.

But anyway off with the tirade. If indeed Sky Gnomes will be free tomorrow, pick it up. It is a good motion game like Aaaaaa force mass acceleration, supersonic, or boost. Not as good as those games, but good nonetheless.

Missing tilt controls though for some reason, dont like the weird pilot stick joystick, wish they could add tilt control or a regular joypad to the controls. That would make the game really rock.
06-02-2012, 02:34 PM
Doh. The still being modified error has arrived!
06-02-2012, 02:47 PM
Free in Germany now

GameCenter : amusingGrace
Feel free to add me
06-02-2012, 02:48 PM
Are you and the previous poster sure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
Doh. The still being modified error has arrived!
I had no problems, though I could have possible dl'ed it the moment the price was originally changed. It's weird, but the sales app I use (besides Appshopper) occasionally lost items 12 or so hours before the price actually drops. Perhaps I mashed the buy button just in time. Oh, the sales app I'm referring to happens to be of German extraction, sometimes I believe it signals sales at an earlier time due to this.

Or, maybe the saw a DL pop up on their monitors, said "oops, it's not promo time yet", and hit a disabled it until ready.

C: :###
If you want to friend me on GC,tell me you're from TA and include your screen name.
GC: DON'TSHOOT!
06-02-2012, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amusing Grace View Post
Free in Germany now
LOL, I guess I was right. Even though I have it set to the US app store, having a sales tracker app with servers in Germany must give ya the head start :shrug:

C: :###
If you want to friend me on GC,tell me you're from TA and include your screen name.
GC: DON'TSHOOT!
06-02-2012, 03:15 PM
Just got it in the US.
06-02-2012, 03:33 PM
Crashes on the first loading screen, same thing in the battle version :/